Trailforks.com Bug Reports

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks.com Bug Reports
Mod O+
Posted: Apr 27, 2020 at 23:32 Quote
Post when you record another ride. And send us tracking debug logs after, with a message what its about so support forwards it too me.

https://www.trailforks.com/help/view/92/

O+
Posted: Apr 28, 2020 at 14:52 Quote
Hey, so there's a place to report Trailforks bugs, great!

So here's one that's been bugging me lately... Basically, the "stars" rating display for trails seems to be broken, but only in the app (Android version anyway).

Issue is that ALL trails are getting shown with a "5 star" rating in the app, even if they're actually crappy and do actually carry a lower rating if viewed via the website instead.

Just a couple of many possible examples:
https://www.trailforks.com/trails/turley-trail
https://www.trailforks.com/trails/126-boy-scout-trail

Via the web, the first has a 2.0 star rating and the second is 3.25.

Yet via the app, both show as 5.0 stars... so... "oh boy, gotta ride those!!" Or, maybe not...

I've noticed quite a few comments lately from folks wondering why on earth so many people rated such-and-such a trail as great when it's really not. These poor folks clearly didn't realize there's just some bug in the stars system that is making ALL trails sound great right now. Wink

Hopefully an easy fix, that will help make Trailforks great again.

Posted: May 1, 2020 at 1:53 Quote
I recorded a ride yesterday, and sent a debug log.

Mod O+
Posted: May 1, 2020 at 20:59 Quote
Yup I see there is an issue with the 5 star display on Android at least. I'll look into is ASAP.

Posted: May 3, 2020 at 7:49 Quote
Hey there,
im completely new to TrailForks!

Tried first time to plan some basic routes in the route planner but i only get messages like:
- "Routing Problem: Cannot find routing network for this area"
- Something like: "Cannot find edge"
- I dont see trails, only their names --> But when i click on them i can see the trails

I saw similar Problems in the posts before but i think i can't do anything about this by myself?!
My target is to plan routes in the big region in between Germany Erlangen and Bamberg
(Basically the whole Region shown in the Screenshot)

I hope i did not get something wrong how the planner works in general ...
Just wondering how i can create tours being ~50km long and in between several areas/roads/trails can not be picked in the planner ...

I also have pending content from regions i created, but these for example do not include absolutely everything in the region im driving my bike ...

Thanks a lot!

photo

O+
Posted: May 4, 2020 at 14:54 Quote
In the Route Planner clicking the "Show Elevation Chart" button brings up a useful chart.
But the mileage on the elevation chart is about ~ 65x longer than the actual route!

Here's a screenshot from one of my local trails:
photo

Mod O+
Posted: May 7, 2020 at 4:39 Quote
SHUred wrote:
Hey there,

Tried first time to plan some basic routes in the route planner but i only get messages like:
- I dont see trails, only their names --> But when i click on them i can see the trails

I saw similar Problems in the posts before but i think i can't do anything about this by myself?!
My target is to plan routes in the big region in between Germany Erlangen and Bamberg

Just wondering how i can create tours being ~50km long and in between several areas/roads/trails can not be picked in the planner ...

I also have pending content from regions i created, but these for example do not include absolutely everything in the region im driving my bike ...

Thanks a lot!

photo

Try using the new draw tool in the personal route planner. Once created you can convert it to a public route if you want it to be public.

https://www.trailforks.com/ridelog/planner/

Posted: May 8, 2020 at 11:57 Quote
markholloway wrote:
SHUred wrote:
Hey there,

Thanks a lot!

photo

Try using the new draw tool in the personal route planner. Once created you can convert it to a public route if you want it to be public.

https://www.trailforks.com/ridelog/planner/

Thanks for your help!
Thats also no good option for me, because then i have to draw each mile by myself.

I already found in other posts, that this is a matter of database size --> Auto-routing within only one area/region is possible ...
https://www.trailforks.com/blog/view/trailforks-routing-along-roads-2016/

If im wrong correct me, but i think thats it!

Thanks a lot anyway Wink

Mod O+
Posted: May 9, 2020 at 4:53 Quote
SHUred wrote:

Thanks for your help!
Thats also no good option for me, because then i have to draw each mile by myself.

I already found in other posts, that this is a matter of database size --> Auto-routing within only one area/region is possible ...
https://www.trailforks.com/blog/view/trailforks-routing-along-roads-2016/

If im wrong correct me, but i think thats it!

Thanks a lot anyway Wink

You are correct, because of the limitations with routing regions you can not route large areas like this using the original method of creating routes. But as mentioned the new draw tool can manage it, it is not limited by the routing regions.

Yes you have to put in a little work and draw the route by hand.

If its a super long route break it up into smaller sections.

O+
Posted: May 18, 2020 at 14:06 Quote
This might be the wrong forum for this but I am trying to get api access for Trailforks. I've emailed the support email for a few weeks with no response so I thought I would follow up here. Can anyone help me get my app_id & app_secret or developer account setup? Thanks!

Posted: May 19, 2020 at 6:25 Quote
I've had this happen a couple times, it is a fairly specific issue though. After splitting/cropping a ride on Strava, it will not resync the modified GPS to TF.
Steps:

Record ride on Garmin, have epicly awesome time.
Save on Garmin.
Wait for the notification from Strava that it has been posted to the Stravasphere.
Immediately make ride private until I can get home to split out the private portion of the ride.
Split the ride into 3 sections and make 1 of them private.
Name and add photos.
Relax with my new Crowns.

Check TF out a while later and see that the initial recording is posted on Trailforks with proper name and photos, in its entirety. As well, the other 2 ride logs are shown and the private one is listed private. Information accurate for these.
Click 'resync Strava' and it doesn't change the GPS track.
Try to add ride from a past Strava and the activity isn't listed.
Delete track and download the GPX from Strava.
Try to add the activity ID from the Strava page that clearly is the cropped activity and it says "Strava activity ID already in use".

Does this old activity ID get cached somewhere? Should i just come back in a couple days and try to add it?

I miss the days when there was a 15 minute lag between you and Strava, gave time to tweak these things first.

Posted: May 19, 2020 at 9:30 Quote
I've created a Route (https://www.trailforks.com/ridelog/planner/view/105871/) and am trying to figure out how to put in Stages of the route as this is a 7 stage race. Can't seem to find out how to do it. Do I need to be an admin to activate this feature? If so, can you grant that for Jefferson Forest, Richmond Hill Onario, Canada.

O+
Posted: May 19, 2020 at 9:49 Quote
Really? When is this, if it is open to the public?

dnonixon wrote:
I've created a Route (https://www.trailforks.com/ridelog/planner/view/105871/) and am trying to figure out how to put in Stages of the route as this is a 7 stage race. Can't seem to find out how to do it. Do I need to be an admin to activate this feature? If so, can you grant that for Jefferson Forest, Richmond Hill Onario, Canada.

Mod O+
Posted: May 19, 2020 at 12:24 Quote
Crapalier wrote:
I've had this happen a couple times, it is a fairly specific issue though. After splitting/cropping a ride on Strava, it will not resync the modified GPS to TF.
Steps:

Record ride on Garmin, have epicly awesome time.
Save on Garmin.
Wait for the notification from Strava that it has been posted to the Stravasphere.
Immediately make ride private until I can get home to split out the private portion of the ride.
Split the ride into 3 sections and make 1 of them private.
Name and add photos.
Relax with my new Crowns.

Check TF out a while later and see that the initial recording is posted on Trailforks with proper name and photos, in its entirety. As well, the other 2 ride logs are shown and the private one is listed private. Information accurate for these.
Click 'resync Strava' and it doesn't change the GPS track.
Try to add ride from a past Strava and the activity isn't listed.
Delete track and download the GPX from Strava.
Try to add the activity ID from the Strava page that clearly is the cropped activity and it says "Strava activity ID already in use".

Does this old activity ID get cached somewhere? Should i just come back in a couple days and try to add it?

I miss the days when there was a 15 minute lag between you and Strava, gave time to tweak these things first.

Unfortunately the Strava API doesn't sync changes made to an activities GPS track. So if you crop it on Strava, Trailforks won't see that change. We only get name, activity type and private/public status changes from Strava.

In your situation, probably best to have just cropped the ride on Trailforks as well.

dnonixon wrote:

What you linked is a personal ride plan. Features like stages and description are only on "public routes" that are submitted to the directory and need to be approved. You can convert a personal ride plan to a route, there is a button on the bottom right of that rideplan page to do so.

O+
Posted: May 21, 2020 at 3:48 Quote
Hi,
I found a bug on the Ridelogs page. I cannot display My Rides for Activity Type other than Mountain Bike.
When I change Activity Type for example to E-bike, the list resets to all riders (there is no user parameter in the URL), then when I click "My Rides", Activity Type automatically changes to Mountain Bike (there is no activitytype parameter).
I tried putting both parameters manually in the URL (both user and activitytype) and it works fine, so the solution should be easy.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.097888
Mobile Version of Website