Trailforks.com Bug Reports

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks.com Bug Reports
Posted: Aug 4, 2020 at 7:58 Quote
Hen adding motorcross skillpark, Mountainbike is always selected after I remove it, it comes back, it's impossible to remove.

another bug is, possible duplicate, it shows trails that are not duplicates, not in the area, and different name.

Posted: Aug 4, 2020 at 19:04 Quote
I noticed a bug where the picture shows double next to each other on the map, but when I click on it it's it's the same picture, same id.
but when I refresh the site it's back to normal.
I am don't know if this is a bug in google Chrome or trailforks map.

Posted: Aug 9, 2020 at 20:04 Quote
I rode at Turkey Point, Ontario and rode a trail called Root Rock but my ride log is not giving me credit for the trail.

I rode the entire trail even though the trail forks map doesn't seem to accurately show it. Could you please take a look and if possible make the adjustment to my ride log. Thanks.

https://www.trailforks.com/ridelog/view/15801170/

Posted: Aug 10, 2020 at 12:38 Quote
canadaka wrote:
Please post errors, and problems here so we can fix them!

Editing trials doesn’t update on the maps. Only if you click on the routes will it say the new trail name. How to you get it to spell out the name when looking at the map from birds eye view?

Posted: Aug 10, 2020 at 16:32 Quote
Noticed a leaderboard issue at Gorba Forest, on. Example, trail name: South park.
My position: 130
Leaderboard shows: #30

Are the leaderboards supposed to go over 100?

Ridelog #16092850

Another issue, South Park trail, Gorba, On is listed on the Completionist badge for Gorba. It is credited on the ride log, but selecting it from the list on the Completionist badge the trail is shown as "Trail is not visible to the public".???

Also the trail is not credited on the Completionist badge even though it is in the ridelogs. dawnlaurent, mtbalzner users experience this issue.

What's up with that?? Got it on video, it's a valid and open trail...

Posted: Aug 14, 2020 at 17:30 Quote
Recent ridelog at Glen Haffy, https://www.trailforks.com/ridelog/view/16269597/

Rode Dingle & Dingle return however, the leaderboard does not list us as riders.

What's up with that?

Posted: Aug 14, 2020 at 19:41 Quote
Hey I logged two rides today and they upload but are not on my ride logs, what may be the issue??

Thanks!

Posted: Aug 14, 2020 at 23:28 Quote
Hey, my husband and I just logged a ride each . They are showing up in recording history but not in our ride logs - can you help please?

Posted: Aug 15, 2020 at 7:11 Quote
Lollyk74 wrote:
Hey, my husband and I just logged a ride each . They are showing up in recording history but not in our ride logs - can you help please?
yes same problem here

Posted: Aug 16, 2020 at 15:38 Quote
The track on today's ride was horrible. A large group of riders, socially distanced, rode all the the trails in the ridelog

Yet I got some trails incomplete. When you look at the ridelog you can see that I've ridden them all, however it looks like I was riding some invisible trail in the bush next to the actual married trails. The Trailforks tracking is really poor. Whatever was implemented in the last release to improve tracking didn't work.

Please find a fix, we (my tribe) is getting supremely frustrated with the poor performance.

Thanx in advance.

Mod Plus
Posted: Aug 16, 2020 at 19:24 Quote
turfjon wrote:
Hey I logged two rides today and they upload but are not on my ride logs, what may be the issue??

Thanks!

There was an issue with ride uploads from the app for about 18 hours. It was resolved and all queued uploads were processed.

Posted: Aug 17, 2020 at 9:59 Quote
andrelaurentmtb wrote:
The track on today's ride was horrible. A large group of riders, socially distanced, rode all the the trails in the ridelog

Yet I got some trails incomplete. When you look at the ridelog you can see that I've ridden them all, however it looks like I was riding some invisible trail in the bush next to the actual married trails. The Trailforks tracking is really poor. Whatever was implemented in the last release to improve tracking didn't work.

Please find a fix, we (my tribe) is getting supremely frustrated with the poor performance.

Thanx in advance.

To me that looks like either your GPS device wasn't very accurate at the time of recording OR its more accurate than the trails that are in TrailForks.

You can see who I assume is someone you road with, dawnlarent, their ride follows the trails in TF pretty closely. There are a few obvious spots where either the trail has changed since it was added to TF or the accuracy was low to begin with...

Posted: Aug 17, 2020 at 11:17 Quote
I am riding with two devices, a Garmin 520+ and my s9+.

By your logic, either they are both experiencing tracking issues which is highly unlikely or the trailforks maps are wrong.

Dawn is one of my crew & we ride very closely. If her track matched the trails more closely (why didn't she get full credit for some of the trails she rode 100% of, a whole other issue!) Then it must be every one of my gps devices! Put aside the canopy coverage, weather, rain and whatever else, trails moving, it's simply frustrating.

My trailforks tracking was horrible from the start of this riding season before I used the Garmin gps. I connected my Garmin account to hopefully increase the accuracy but that didn't help much.
I don't know how TF uses the Garmin access to it's benefit. So I can't really comment.

So what "might" and what "could" be ideas aren't going to help. What I have offered is to assist in trying to figure out why this is happening and I need some guidance on what I can do, to provide detailed, quantitative data that will help make the app more accurate.

Since I am not the only one experiencing this, one would think the dev guys works be eager to utilize the opportunity to make it better for everyone. Not addressing it is definitely not doing the right thing.

Just my thoughts... Positive, actionable feedback is what I'm looking for.

Thanx

Canadmos wrote:
andrelaurentmtb wrote:

Thanx in advance.

To me that looks like either your GPS device wasn't very accurate at the time of recording OR its more accurate than the trails that are in TrailForks.

You can see who I assume is someone you road with, dawnlarent, their ride follows the trails in TF pretty closely. There are a few obvious spots where either the trail has changed since it was added to TF or the accuracy was low to begin with...

Posted: Aug 17, 2020 at 14:01 Quote
andrelaurentmtb wrote:
I am riding with two devices, a Garmin 520+ and my s9+.

By your logic, either they are both experiencing tracking issues which is highly unlikely or the trailforks maps are wrong.

Dawn is one of my crew & we ride very closely. If her track matched the trails more closely (why didn't she get full credit for some of the trails she rode 100% of, a whole other issue!) Then it must be every one of my gps devices! Put aside the canopy coverage, weather, rain and whatever else, trails moving, it's simply frustrating.

My trailforks tracking was horrible from the start of this riding season before I used the Garmin gps. I connected my Garmin account to hopefully increase the accuracy but that didn't help much.
I don't know how TF uses the Garmin access to it's benefit. So I can't really comment.

So what "might" and what "could" be ideas aren't going to help. What I have offered is to assist in trying to figure out why this is happening and I need some guidance on what I can do, to provide detailed, quantitative data that will help make the app more accurate.

Since I am not the only one experiencing this, one would think the dev guys works be eager to utilize the opportunity to make it better for everyone. Not addressing it is definitely not doing the right thing.

Just my thoughts... Positive, actionable feedback is what I'm looking for.

Thanx

Canadmos wrote:
andrelaurentmtb wrote:

Thanx in advance.

Are you talking about how Fluffy Bunny was only a partial match and thus you didn't get credited with actually riding it? If it is, your actual GPS track on that trail barely follows whats in TF. Could be why?

I'd be curious to see how your Samsung recorded that same ride, outside of the Garmin.

I'm just purely curious about the issue. When our group rides, the GPS tracks on Strava and TF (those who sync to TF..) are usually pretty similar, but there is one guy whose phone almost always has a huge drift in the tracking. We can't figure that out - others with iPhone's have no issues.

Posted: Aug 17, 2020 at 21:55 Quote
andrelaurentmtb wrote:

Thanx in advance.

Trailforks : About page https://www.trailforks.com/about/

bigquotesTrailforks is a trail management system for outdoor enthusiasts, trail builders/associations, government and tourism. It aims to provide the very best tools to inventory, maintain, promote and showcase trail networks and tourism destination. Tools such as statistics empower each group to have accessible data to show local city councils, governments, tourism boards and parks, conveying the popularity and potential economic impact of outdoor recreation on their area in order to receive further support to grow trail networks.

The Trailforks App harnesses all this data and provides users with the best tool for planning their next destination, and on trail experience of navigation and safety.

Trailforks is for guidance, not purely 'credits' or 'badges'. If you are looking for the competitive reasons, use Strava.

If you have mapping related issues, this is not the forum for that. Contact your local admin (can be found at the bottom of the region page) and work with them to update the trails in question.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006124
Mobile Version of Website