Trailforks.com Bug Reports

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks.com Bug Reports
Author Message
Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 7:31 Quote
Not sure if this bug issue has been reported but I just recently noticed that the map sometimes don't have a dot trace on the route as you hover along the elevation profile once another route popup's elevation profile tracing on another route is hovered with a mouse and then the popup is closed.

Here's how to reproduce it on the Trailforks browser website (using the Chrome web browser):

1) Just view any set trail of trails with a map on the right side of the page
2) Click on a specific trail and view the specific trail to get the elevation profile view with the trail highlighted on the map
3) Hover over the elevation profile of a trail so that there is a dot tracing along the trail.
4) Now click on another trail to open a popup with the name and the elevation profile of the other trail.
5) Again hover with the mouse over that elevation profile in the popup and watch the dot tracing through the selected trail
6) Close the popup
7) Now repeat #3 to hover over the original trail's elevation profile for the current page's trail. Notice that the dot tracing on the current trail no longer appears.
8 ) Refresh the browser page, the tracing works again.

Probably the Javascript reference between the elevation profile to the map got disconnected with the popup when it opened and then closed.

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 12:39 Quote
Experiencing an issue when trying to use the route planner to include a newly created trail (Trail 10) in Kickapoo State Recreation Area.

We had kept Trail 10 back as "Planned" for many months and released to to be an active trail several weeks ago but it does not show on the map when in the Ride Planner page.

Posted: Sep 17, 2020 at 0:27 Quote
I've tried to add Road to the local cycling club, but it does not show up, the option is there, but it does not shop up, no matter how many times i've tried, I've tried it a long time ago, and tried it again today, but it still does not work, so I am reporting this.
https://www.trailforks.com/directory/10961/


There is also similar issue with commendation, if you edit it it it's gone, and you can't add it.
I haven't tested the commendation thing lately, but it's probably still there it was since last year I think.

Posted: Sep 17, 2020 at 17:03 Quote
The dev guys have to see your post and refresh the ride planner section of the system. Took a while for some of our Ontario trails to show up this season after they went live on the main site and app.

ZebraJacket99 wrote:
Experiencing an issue when trying to use the route planner to include a newly created trail (Trail 10) in Kickapoo State Recreation Area.

We had kept Trail 10 back as "Planned" for many months and released to to be an active trail several weeks ago but it does not show on the map when in the Ride Planner page.

Posted: Sep 17, 2020 at 18:27 Quote
Trying to plan a route in northern new jersey. None of the trails show up in the route finder. When i zoom out I can see some other areas and can show the trails in them, but many others are missing as well. The normal trail map works fine. Routes that are already made will display, but do not show the trail system around them. System worked fine at about 2pm eastern, but this current issue has been going on since at the earliest 3pm.

Edit to add - "Cannot find routing network for this area" pop up when attempting to use the routing A to B option

Posted: Sep 18, 2020 at 7:29 Quote
Upgraded to pro, and it’s still just showing my local radius. Anyone else have this problem?

Mod
Posted: Sep 18, 2020 at 9:41 Quote
schwaaa31 wrote:
Upgraded to pro, and it’s still just showing my local radius. Anyone else have this problem?

You need to restore the subscription by going to the following in the trailforks app.
Menu->Settings->Restore Pro Subscription

Cheers and thanks for your support.

Posted: Sep 18, 2020 at 11:53 Quote
radek wrote:
schwaaa31 wrote:
Upgraded to pro, and it’s still just showing my local radius. Anyone else have this problem?

You need to restore the subscription by going to the following in the trailforks app.
Menu->Settings->Restore Pro Subscription

Cheers and thanks for your support.

I found that after I posted. Thanks!

Posted: Sep 22, 2020 at 0:31 Quote
On the Stats page, it looks like the Checkins Per Day graph is off by a month.

For example:
https://www.trailforks.com/trails/dr-park/stats/?date_start=2020-05-01&date_end=2020-12-01

The graph for this year has data out to Oct 21, as of Sept 21.

The Trail Check-Ins Per Month graph shows few rides in Oct and none in Nov, despite the detailed graph having rides in Nov every year.

(Also note inconsistent spellings of checkins vs check-ins all over this page.)

Posted: Sep 22, 2020 at 12:36 Quote
Hi,

I recently noticed that the yellow layer on my profile map isn't showing correctly. Is there a way to fix this to highlight the trails I've ridden again?

Posted: Sep 25, 2020 at 7:32 Quote
The clear function missing now from ride planner so to clear the ride and create a new ride plan I have to manually click the little x for each trail, not a big deal, but I was just making sure you were aware that the clear trails button is now missing.
Thanks!

Mod Plus
Posted: Sep 26, 2020 at 5:22 Quote
yerfdogtnarg wrote:
The clear function missing now from ride planner so to clear the ride and create a new ride plan I have to manually click the little x for each trail, not a big deal, but I was just making sure you were aware that the clear trails button is now missing.
Thanks!

Will get this corrected asap.

Mod Plus
Posted: Sep 28, 2020 at 13:54 Quote
CSharp wrote:
Not sure if this bug issue has been reported but I just recently noticed that the map sometimes don't have a dot trace on the route as you hover along the elevation profile once another route popup's elevation profile tracing on another route is hovered with a mouse and then the popup is closed.

Here's how to reproduce it on the Trailforks browser website (using the Chrome web browser):

1) Just view any set trail of trails with a map on the right side of the page
2) Click on a specific trail and view the specific trail to get the elevation profile view with the trail highlighted on the map
3) Hover over the elevation profile of a trail so that there is a dot tracing along the trail.
4) Now click on another trail to open a popup with the name and the elevation profile of the other trail.
5) Again hover with the mouse over that elevation profile in the popup and watch the dot tracing through the selected trail
6) Close the popup
7) Now repeat #3 to hover over the original trail's elevation profile for the current page's trail. Notice that the dot tracing on the current trail no longer appears.
8 ) Refresh the browser page, the tracing works again.

Probably the Javascript reference between the elevation profile to the map got disconnected with the popup when it opened and then closed.

Nice find! Fixing this small bug right now.



ZebraJacket99 wrote:
Experiencing an issue when trying to use the route planner to include a newly created trail (Trail 10) in Kickapoo State Recreation Area.

We had kept Trail 10 back as "Planned" for many months and released to to be an active trail several weeks ago but it does not show on the map when in the Ride Planner page.

Seems there was an issue syncing the trail info, I made a small edit to a few of the trail points to force a sync then manually re-generated the regions routing. But it still doesn't show on the route planner! SO I had to totally delete the regions routing network and re-generate, it's there now!



jshute wrote:
On the Stats page, it looks like the Checkins Per Day graph is off by a month.

For example:
https://www.trailforks.com/trails/dr-park/stats/?date_start=2020-05-01&date_end=2020-12-01

The graph for this year has data out to Oct 21, as of Sept 21.

The Trail Check-Ins Per Month graph shows few rides in Oct and none in Nov, despite the detailed graph having rides in Nov every year.

(Also note inconsistent spellings of checkins vs check-ins all over this page.)


Thanks for the find! Fixed that now. That charting library starts from month 0 for some odd reason!



markholloway wrote:
yerfdogtnarg wrote:
The clear function missing now from ride planner so to clear the ride and create a new ride plan I have to manually click the little x for each trail, not a big deal, but I was just making sure you were aware that the clear trails button is now missing.
Thanks!

Will get this corrected asap.

Fixed!

Posted: Sep 30, 2020 at 20:07 Quote
Hey Guys, I'm trying to edit a RideLog to add a missed segment from my ride today. The trail is Ridge Trail on Mount Seymour. It shows as a marked trail on maps and is listed in the database, but it doesn't appear as an option when I try to add it my Ride Log manually. There are lots of other trails that are displayed but not Ridge Trail on Seymour. Any ideas?
thanks

Posted: Oct 1, 2020 at 22:56 Quote
view count is showing 0.
and no videos show up
this channel has just been approved, will this appear eventually?


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007551
Mobile Version of Website