Trailforks.com Bug Reports

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks.com Bug Reports
O+
Posted: Dec 4, 2020 at 8:58 Quote
When using the [ recalculate stats & trail identification ] on on old ridelog to include trails that weren't submitted previously, it will add them to that ridelog but not as a "Ridden" Trail so you need to do that manually. Can this be fixed?

Posted: Dec 4, 2020 at 9:04 Quote
danfromme wrote:
Ok, thanks - is there a reason I can't route plan on Burke Mountain, Eagle Mountain, Pacific Spirit or Delta Watershed for example?
They don't appear to fall inside a big yellow zone

Thanks - this is fixed now!

O+
Posted: Dec 4, 2020 at 13:06 Quote
Not sure if bug or (??), but when I am in the admin page for a riding area, I get a permission denied message when attempting to open the "select trails on map to move" page.

O+
Posted: Dec 5, 2020 at 17:35 Quote
I have noticed some riding areas don't show up in the ride planner.

example: https://www.trailforks.com/region/pine-hill-park-12112/planner/

is it just for me somehow?

Posted: Dec 5, 2020 at 21:10 Quote
mtbboy1993 wrote:
photo
11.11.2020, Today there is a bug that shows the map in Canada, when I click ''Draw trail on map'' to trails in Norway.
06.12.2020 the bug is back

Mod O+
Posted: Dec 7, 2020 at 17:00 Quote
HWTWebmaster wrote:
Greetings, worker bees.

I recently joined Trailforks, added a region (Hartland Winter Trails), and added 20 trails. There are several puzzling questions.

1) On the main page for Hartland Winter Trails, just under the map, in red text, is the following: "No trails have been added to Hartland Winter Trails." Yet there are 20 trails.

2) On the same page, under Region Details, is the following: "19 nordic ski trails"

3) Same page... under Nordic Ski Stats, is the following:
Trails (view details) 19
Trails Snowshoe 20
Trails Nordic Ski 20
Perhaps you can help me understand why there are "19" trails, but 20 snowshoe and 20 nordic.

4) If I go to "Bulk Trail Reports for Hartland Winter Trails", no trails are listed; only this: "there are no trails in this region to add reports."

5) If the "Trails List" widget is put into a Web page, no trails appear. It seems that the 20 trails are not associated with the Hartland Winter Trails region.

I hope you can shed some light on what's up with each of those.

THANK YOU to you and all of the other coders and admins. Trailforks is a wonderful and very comprehensive resource for recreational trails.

-Gary

The bulk report page link is broken, doesn't know it's for a winter season
https://www.trailforks.com/contribute/reportbulk/?rid=42407&season=2
I will fix.

Same with the widget, if you add a param for season=2 it will work.

wisemtnbkr wrote:
Is it no longer an option to add a trail to a wish list? I can't find the option now.

Also, the trails I've ridden are not highlighted in yellow on my profile map. Can this be fixed?

Thanks.

The wishlist button is under the "Save" popup on trail & region pages.

Posted: Dec 8, 2020 at 17:41 Quote
Hi,

I've been out riding the Ironbark Track in QLD Australia (part of the White Rock/Spring Mountain area) several times for a few weeks, and entered them into my ridelog. I always set the timezone to "(UTC+10:00) Australia/Brisbane".

When I save the log, the time I have entered is reduced by one hour (5:32am becomes 4:32am) and the timezone changes to "(UTC+10:00) Australia/Lindeman". Editing the log to set the time and timezone back to the original values doesn't fix the issue.

Is this happening because Brisbane doesn't have summer time? (unlike NSW and Victoria)

cheers

mike

O+
Posted: Dec 13, 2020 at 18:23 Quote
sMACkaddict wrote:

just tried again and it seems like the issue is only when using the Select Trails option, using Draw Route works.

Mod O+
Posted: Dec 18, 2020 at 7:10 Quote
sMACkaddict wrote:
sMACkaddict wrote:

just tried again and it seems like the issue is only when using the Select Trails option, using Draw Route works.

In short, the amount of data on Trailforks has outgrown the current route planner tool and it needs to be blown up and redesigned to accommodate the amount of data. This is a project that is planned to be started in the new year and will require a large amount of time and resources.

As you found out, in the meantime Trevor has added the draw tool that does not work off the current "broken" route planner. So all trails of any activity type can be routed on the map when using the draw tool.

Posted: Dec 30, 2020 at 22:42 Quote
Having difficulty adding a trail to my Trailforks ride log ... on the map data uploaded from Garmin, it's shown as Warbly but isn't included in the list of trails completed. On a different map in Trailforks, the same trail is named as Warbler Track (Spring Mountain). Clicking on edit and searching for trail names, neither of the names is recognized; none of the suggestions is located in Australia.

(Most of the other trails on my route through Spring Mountain were detected automatically)

O+
Posted: Dec 31, 2020 at 20:49 Quote
aviator99 wrote:
Having difficulty adding a trail to my Trailforks ride log ... on the map data uploaded from Garmin, it's shown as Warbly but isn't included in the list of trails completed. On a different map in Trailforks, the same trail is named as Warbler Track (Spring Mountain). Clicking on edit and searching for trail names, neither of the names is recognized; none of the suggestions is located in Australia.

(Most of the other trails on my route through Spring Mountain were detected automatically)

We are having the same issue is some of the regions here in the Ontario region. So far requests to explain or resolve have gone unanswered/unresolved..

Let us know if & when it is fixed. Taking my $ for Pro version, one would hope they should at least provide funding for a larger dev team & motivation to fix existing issues before developing new ones??

O+
Posted: Jan 1, 2021 at 12:22 Quote
andrelaurentmtb wrote:
aviator99 wrote:

We are having the same issue is some of the regions here in the Ontario region. So far requests to explain or resolve have gone unanswered/unresolved..

Let us know if & when it is fixed. Taking my $ for Pro version, one would hope they should at least provide funding for a larger dev team & motivation to fix existing issues before developing new ones??

Send me a PM if you have specific trails that are the problem and ride logs that I can look at. Its most likely the accuracy of the trail in TF, which is usually uploaded someone in the community (track is only as accurate as what they uploaded) or sometimes the trail even changes over time.

O+
Posted: Jan 4, 2021 at 10:42 Quote
Does the automatic winter map switch feature actually work?

I know of one region, which was set to switch on Nov 17th, but it still defaults to the summer map.

Mod O+
Posted: Jan 4, 2021 at 10:54 Quote
Canadmos wrote:

I know of one region, which was set to switch on Nov 17th, but it still defaults to the summer map.

Can you link the region.

O+
Posted: Jan 4, 2021 at 11:02 Quote
canadaka wrote:
Canadmos wrote:

Can you link the region.

Its this one - https://www.trailforks.com/region/jefferson-forest/

I think I set that config a while ago, definitely before the start date.

This one (https://www.trailforks.com/region/york-regional-forest-pefferlaw-tract-43223/) also didn't switch automatically, but I guessed it was because I set the start date to in the past (added the region a few days ago), so I manually flipped it to default to the winter mode. Should it switch, even if the start date was in the past?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013067
Mobile Version of Website