Trailforks.com Bug Reports

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks.com Bug Reports
Posted: Nov 24, 2020 at 6:07 Quote
Recently noticed that "Trail 10" within "Kickapoo State Recreation Area" is not allowing photos to be tagged to it. Link to trail - https://www.trailforks.com/trails/trail-10-226053/

*edit* - I should add there are 7 photos that were tagged previously but now this trail will no longer show up when searching it while editing a new photo.

Mod Plus
Posted: Nov 24, 2020 at 14:08 Quote
ZebraJacket99 wrote:
Recently noticed that "Trail 10" within "Kickapoo State Recreation Area" is not allowing photos to be tagged to it. Link to trail - https://www.trailforks.com/trails/trail-10-226053/

*edit* - I should add there are 7 photos that were tagged previously but now this trail will no longer show up when searching it while editing a new photo.

Upload photo from the trail page, to pre-populate the trail field on the photo upload form.

Posted: Nov 25, 2020 at 5:52 Quote
Hello,

I use the website Trailforks.com from my iPad. The website works well from Safari, and I prefer it to the app.
I subscribed to Trailforks Pro.

I found a limitation (I don’t think it’s a bug): in the “Nearby overview”, when I look for my small city, I get the message : “no geo location can be found for this city, try another.”
Fair enough, my city is small, but when I look for bigger cities nearby, the 6th or 8th biggest city in Switzerland, i still get that message. Granted these cities are still rather small compared to anything you’d find in North America.

This “limitation” also occurs in the homepage, in the “Nearby” tab, because it shows me reports/update/new trails that are within a defined radius around Zurich (capital of Switzerland) but far from my small city.

Is there anything you can do about this?

My small city is Uznach, but you can look up Winterthur which is the 6th largest city in Switzerland. You’ll likely get the same error message.

Thanks!

Mod Plus
Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 19:33 Quote
It seems like a lot of the cities in the shared TF/PB city database don't have a lat/lng. And the TF nearby trys to use your profile city as the default. I will create a script to populate much of the missing lat/lng city data.

on the "Fullscreen map" page you can set a custom home location.

Posted: Nov 27, 2020 at 0:01 Quote
Thanks canadaka, and thanks for the tip!

Posted: Dec 3, 2020 at 8:46 Quote
Greetings, worker bees.

I recently joined Trailforks, added a region (Hartland Winter Trails), and added 20 trails. There are several puzzling questions.

1) On the main page for Hartland Winter Trails, just under the map, in red text, is the following: "No trails have been added to Hartland Winter Trails." Yet there are 20 trails.

2) On the same page, under Region Details, is the following: "19 nordic ski trails"

3) Same page... under Nordic Ski Stats, is the following:
Trails (view details) 19
Trails Snowshoe 20
Trails Nordic Ski 20
Perhaps you can help me understand why there are "19" trails, but 20 snowshoe and 20 nordic.

4) If I go to "Bulk Trail Reports for Hartland Winter Trails", no trails are listed; only this: "there are no trails in this region to add reports."

5) If the "Trails List" widget is put into a Web page, no trails appear. It seems that the 20 trails are not associated with the Hartland Winter Trails region.

I hope you can shed some light on what's up with each of those.

THANK YOU to you and all of the other coders and admins. Trailforks is a wonderful and very comprehensive resource for recreational trails.

-Gary

Posted: Dec 4, 2020 at 8:35 Quote
Is it no longer an option to add a trail to a wish list? I can't find the option now.

Also, the trails I've ridden are not highlighted in yellow on my profile map. Can this be fixed?

Thanks.

Posted: Dec 4, 2020 at 8:58 Quote
When using the [ recalculate stats & trail identification ] on on old ridelog to include trails that weren't submitted previously, it will add them to that ridelog but not as a "Ridden" Trail so you need to do that manually. Can this be fixed?

Posted: Dec 4, 2020 at 9:04 Quote
danfromme wrote:
Ok, thanks - is there a reason I can't route plan on Burke Mountain, Eagle Mountain, Pacific Spirit or Delta Watershed for example?
They don't appear to fall inside a big yellow zone

Thanks - this is fixed now!

Posted: Dec 4, 2020 at 13:06 Quote
Not sure if bug or (??), but when I am in the admin page for a riding area, I get a permission denied message when attempting to open the "select trails on map to move" page.

Posted: Dec 5, 2020 at 17:35 Quote
I have noticed some riding areas don't show up in the ride planner.

example: https://www.trailforks.com/region/pine-hill-park-12112/planner/

is it just for me somehow?

Posted: Dec 5, 2020 at 21:10 Quote
mtbboy1993 wrote:
11.11.2020, Today there is a bug that shows the map in Canada, when I click ''Draw trail on map'' to trails in Norway.
06.12.2020 the bug is back

Mod Plus
Posted: Dec 7, 2020 at 17:00 Quote
HWTWebmaster wrote:
Greetings, worker bees.

I recently joined Trailforks, added a region (Hartland Winter Trails), and added 20 trails. There are several puzzling questions.

1) On the main page for Hartland Winter Trails, just under the map, in red text, is the following: "No trails have been added to Hartland Winter Trails." Yet there are 20 trails.

2) On the same page, under Region Details, is the following: "19 nordic ski trails"

3) Same page... under Nordic Ski Stats, is the following:
Trails (view details) 19
Trails Snowshoe 20
Trails Nordic Ski 20
Perhaps you can help me understand why there are "19" trails, but 20 snowshoe and 20 nordic.

4) If I go to "Bulk Trail Reports for Hartland Winter Trails", no trails are listed; only this: "there are no trails in this region to add reports."

5) If the "Trails List" widget is put into a Web page, no trails appear. It seems that the 20 trails are not associated with the Hartland Winter Trails region.

I hope you can shed some light on what's up with each of those.

THANK YOU to you and all of the other coders and admins. Trailforks is a wonderful and very comprehensive resource for recreational trails.

-Gary

The bulk report page link is broken, doesn't know it's for a winter season
https://www.trailforks.com/contribute/reportbulk/?rid=42407&season=2
I will fix.

Same with the widget, if you add a param for season=2 it will work.

wisemtnbkr wrote:
Is it no longer an option to add a trail to a wish list? I can't find the option now.

Also, the trails I've ridden are not highlighted in yellow on my profile map. Can this be fixed?

Thanks.

The wishlist button is under the "Save" popup on trail & region pages.

Posted: Dec 8, 2020 at 17:41 Quote
Hi,

I've been out riding the Ironbark Track in QLD Australia (part of the White Rock/Spring Mountain area) several times for a few weeks, and entered them into my ridelog. I always set the timezone to "(UTC+10:00) Australia/Brisbane".

When I save the log, the time I have entered is reduced by one hour (5:32am becomes 4:32am) and the timezone changes to "(UTC+10:00) Australia/Lindeman". Editing the log to set the time and timezone back to the original values doesn't fix the issue.

Is this happening because Brisbane doesn't have summer time? (unlike NSW and Victoria)

cheers

mike

Posted: Dec 13, 2020 at 18:23 Quote
sMACkaddict wrote:
I have noticed some riding areas don't show up in the ride planner.

example: https://www.trailforks.com/region/pine-hill-park-12112/planner/

is it just for me somehow?

just tried again and it seems like the issue is only when using the Select Trails option, using Draw Route works.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006455
Mobile Version of Website