Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions
  • Previous Page
Mod O+ FL
Posted: Apr 22, 2014 at 15:40 Quote
If you have any suggestions on things to improve or features to add let us know! Or if you have any concerns or criticisms please let us know.

Posted: Jun 13, 2014 at 14:17 Quote
Alot of the routes in my area use parts of the same trails,whilst it's not a bad idea to show surrounding routes would it not be better to have an optional layer to show them, as it seems a bit confusing to see them all on the same map.

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Jun 13, 2014 at 14:20 Quote
mallorcadave wrote:
Alot of the routes in my area use parts of the same trails,whilst it's not a bad idea to show surrounding routes would it not be better to have an optional layer to show them, as it seems a bit confusing to see them all on the same map.

"routes" have not been added to the site yet, you should only be adding individual trails. Routes are coming soon, which will allow you to linkup multiple trails.

Posted: Jun 13, 2014 at 14:24 Quote
routes trails same thing over here,So what you are saying is that i should of broken my routes down into individual trails. So how do I go about rectifying this?

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Jun 13, 2014 at 14:29 Quote
mallorcadave wrote:
routes trails same thing over here,So what you are saying is that i should of broken my routes down into individual trails. So how do I go about rectifying this?

You can edit the existing trails and when on the edit form press the "crop" button. You can find the edit link on a trails page by clicking the yellow "Contribute" dropdown in the top right. Or there is a small grey "edit" link at the bottom of the trail page.

Posted: Jun 13, 2014 at 14:29 Quote
Sorry guys I think this is a north america Europe thing! Don't have any bike parks here so the whole route/trail thing, but i have to admit it was nagging in the back of my mind lol.

O+
Posted: Jun 17, 2014 at 0:58 Quote
Would be great if there were a "ridden" button in the list view for trails. It is annoying to have to open the trail page to click ridden.

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Jun 17, 2014 at 9:27 Quote
zshipowick wrote:
Would be great if there were a "ridden" button in the list view for trails. It is annoying to have to open the trail page to click ridden.
There is! Click the "show action buttons" link to the top right of the trail lists.

O+
Posted: Jun 18, 2014 at 13:03 Quote
This is a great idea for a central place to collect trail maps. I hope it takes off!
I've only used it for a few minutes, but I noticed at least one thing I would change:
When displaying a map, the sidebar to the right where you can filter what's displayed shows the total number of trails in each category. This would make more sense if it only showed the number that are in the displayed map area, rather than the total in the entire database.

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Jun 18, 2014 at 14:55 Quote
sleepingduck wrote:
This is a great idea for a central place to collect trail maps. I hope it takes off!
I've only used it for a few minutes, but I noticed at least one thing I would change:
When displaying a map, the sidebar to the right where you can filter what's displayed shows the total number of trails in each category. This would make more sense if it only showed the number that are in the displayed map area, rather than the total in the entire database.
can you post the URL of the page you're talking about? The trail difficulty counts only show the totals for the specific region page you are looking at, not the entire database.

O+
Posted: Jun 18, 2014 at 20:53 Quote
Here's a screenshot (if the link works). This is a local area that doesn't have a single double black trail, never mind 150. Or am I misunderstanding what these numbers indicate?

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://oi61.tinypic.com/erlxqq.jpg

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Jun 18, 2014 at 23:13 Quote
ah I see, so your using the "all" trials view as map http://www.trailforks.com/trails/all/map/
Your kinda meant to navigate to a region page like this http://www.trailforks.com/region/snowden-demonstration-forest/
The sidebar filters are then updated http://www.trailforks.com/region/snowden-demonstration-forest/trails/

But its a good point, I could try and make those filters on the "all" page dynamic. How did you get to that page? Clicked the "Nearby Trails" tab, then changed it to the map view?

Posted: Jun 19, 2014 at 19:46 Quote
you guys might be able to partner up with strava and use the segments they already have to get more trails on the site

Posted: Jun 20, 2014 at 0:13 Quote
On my dashboard whenever someone I follow adds a trail I get a notification, which clogs up my dash a bit. Are we able to get a option in my dashboard settings so that I don't get a notification when someone adds a trail/region?

Posted: Jun 20, 2014 at 0:21 Quote
enduro86 wrote:
On my dashboard whenever someone I follow adds a trail I get a notification, which clogs up my dash a bit. Are we able to get a option in my dashboard settings so that I don't get a notification when someone adds a trail/region?

Yes I agree with that, just had over 100 notifications!

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010698
Mobile Version of Website