Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions
| Next Page
Posted: May 20, 2022 at 5:33 Quote
Canadmos wrote:
Is there any possibility to have the primary trail activity change or allowed activities change automatically, based on which season is active?

For example in the winter, some trail are primarily (or ONLY) used for nordic skiing. But in the summer those same trails are multi-use.

This would be a much needed addition.

Municipality I live in, has loads of gravel roads that function as access roads for many trails.
During winter they are for Nordic skiing only (that is why they were built), and you're not allowed to even cross them on a bike or walk on them. The map will look a lot different winter when it comes to legal accessibility.

Some municipalities however do allow skiing, walking and biking on some sections.

Posted: May 26, 2022 at 9:33 Quote
The "Detailed Description" box on a Route could be improved with units of measure. I think simply adding the word "meter" after the numbers is all that's needed.
Here's an example:

Mod Outside+
Posted: May 26, 2022 at 9:46 Quote
BenLow2019 wrote:
The "Detailed Description" box on a Route could be improved with units of measure. I think simply adding the word "meter" after the numbers is all that's needed.
Here's an example:

Thanks, I found the problem. Was only if you weren't logged in.

Posted: May 26, 2022 at 9:53 Quote
canadaka wrote:
BenLow2019 wrote:
Here's an example:

Thanks, I found the problem. Was only if you weren't logged in.

Yeah...I was definitely logged in when I made this discovery, but no matter. You fixed something and it works now.
Thanks!

Posted: Jun 6, 2022 at 3:23 Quote
cattledogcrew wrote:
Hi there,

is there any way of marking parts of a ridelog as "shuttle". Similar to the lift feature where it detects elevation gained by lifts an removes it from the overall elevation gain. It would be nice to have that for rides that start out with a shuttle drop off and continue with uphill pedaling.
Or is there a way to deduct a certain elevation gain from the overall?

Thanks,

cheers

i would like to 2nd this...i just recorded a day where we did some suttling and i paused the ride everytime we got to the bottom and re-started it at the top...after saving it just filled in the blank space with a straight line up the mtn. and added the mileage on, so it jumped from 16 to 22 while saving...is there a way i can edit those out?!?!?!

Posted: Jun 6, 2022 at 20:18 Quote
Ridelog from rideplan/route.

Would be handy if there was an option for adding a ridelog from an existing route or ride plan. I suppose the manual way to do this would be do download the gpx and reupload it, but it would be nice if that just stayed on the server instead.

Posted: Jun 7, 2022 at 6:57 Quote
leegenes wrote:
Ridelog from rideplan/route.

Would be handy if there was an option for adding a ridelog from an existing route or ride plan. I suppose the manual way to do this would be do download the gpx and reupload it, but it would be nice if that just stayed on the server instead.

I don't think your idea would work.
Routes and Ride Plans don't have time data associated with the location data as an actual Ridelog does.

A Ridelog will show distance between points as well as time between points. It is usually data gathered by an actual ride recorded on a GPS device which is uploaded to TF.
A Route or Ride Plan is just location data without time between points. It shows a path, but doesn't know how long it was between points so there's no speed data.

Posted: Jun 7, 2022 at 10:19 Quote
BenLow2019 wrote:

Routes and Ride Plans don't have time data associated with the location data as an actual Ridelog does.

A Ridelog will show distance between points as well as time between points. It is usually data gathered by an actual ride recorded on a GPS device which is uploaded to TF.
A Route or Ride Plan is just location data without time between points. It shows a path, but doesn't know how long it was between points so there's no speed data.

I think it should. A ride plan can be downloaded as a GPX file. Similarly, a ride log can be uploaded as a GPX file. Looking at a definition of the GPX format, https://docs.fileformat.com/gis/gpx/, just looks like either the time> attribute could be removed from the trkpt> sections.

I just downloaded a route plan as gpx, and as I expected, the trkpt sections omit time>.
trkpt lat="46.66184" lon="-92.28259">
ele>198/ele>
/trkpt>

Seems like that's just an optional part of the format spec. With that said..if Trailforks doesn't treat it as optional in their handling because it would impact average ride times, etc. that would be totally understandable.

Oops! Looks like some auto-formatting remove the tag openers here, but not going to try to fix them.

Posted: Jun 7, 2022 at 13:15 Quote
leegenes wrote:
BenLow2019 wrote:

I think it should. A ride plan can be downloaded as a GPX file. Similarly, a ride log can be uploaded as a GPX file. Looking at a definition of the GPX format, https://docs.fileformat.com/gis/gpx/, just looks like either the time> attribute could be removed from the trkpt> sections.

I just downloaded a route plan as gpx, and as I expected, the trkpt sections omit time>.
trkpt lat="46.66184" lon="-92.28259">
ele>198/ele>
/trkpt>

Seems like that's just an optional part of the format spec. With that said..if Trailforks doesn't treat it as optional in their handling because it would impact average ride times, etc. that would be totally understandable.

Oops! Looks like some auto-formatting remove the tag openers here, but not going to try to fix them.

I take it back. I tried it just now and it worked. That's ridiculous! I could digitally fabricate riding everywhere in the world without leaving my couch.
But what would I gain? Maybe some digital badges or trophies.

Posted: Jun 7, 2022 at 20:49 Quote
BenLow2019 wrote:
I take it back. I tried it just now and it worked. That's ridiculous! I could digitally fabricate riding everywhere in the world without leaving my couch.
But what would I gain? Maybe some digital badges or trophies.

It's just a shortcut for those of us that don't track our rides with a gps to mark trails ridden so we can keep finding new stuff to ride, and it would be a handy shortcut.

The trophies are only digital if you don't print them out and frame them.

Posted: Jun 8, 2022 at 10:02 Quote
Just a usability suggestion (and I might be in a strong minority on this one, so take with a grain of salt) - Can we update the website regions (states, etc...) to show that there are Garmin basemap downloads available for pro users? It took me a while to search around and realize the link is in the footer of the sitemap. Maybe having it in the trails dropdown area...

Posted: Jun 16, 2022 at 15:03 Quote
Curious, is their now some kind of auto function listing trails as closed on the day of events? In the case of Whistler this morning "Trailforks" updated the status of trails for tonight's toonie as "closed"...we don't hard close trails for these events and they're still open to the public, and the event only is in the evening so having them marked as closed for the day isn't accurate.

Mod Outside+
Posted: Jun 20, 2022 at 11:52 Quote
flipfantasia wrote:
Curious, is their now some kind of auto function listing trails as closed on the day of events? In the case of Whistler this morning "Trailforks" updated the status of trails for tonight's toonie as "closed"...we don't hard close trails for these events and they're still open to the public, and the event only is in the evening so having them marked as closed for the day isn't accurate.

This has always been an OPTION when creating a event, its a checkbox labelled "Close trails on event day". If the event has a route linked to it, this is what will happen.

Posted: Jun 20, 2022 at 15:23 Quote
canadaka wrote:
flipfantasia wrote:

This has always been an OPTION when creating a event, its a checkbox labelled "Close trails on event day". If the event has a route linked to it, this is what will happen.

ahh, I will let the WORCA events person know!

thanks

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008145
Mobile Version of Website