Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions
O+
Posted: Sep 22, 2022 at 13:53 Quote
There doesn't seem to be any way to mark an issue reported in a trail report as "fixed". Is that correct? Sometimes I scroll through my area to see if there's any work that needs to happen, but I have to dig into each reported issue to try and suss out if any work has already been done. It sucks to trudge in with tools only to have the log already removed or whatever. It'd be great to treat those sort of like support tickets with a comment thread and a "mark as fixed" status type of functionality.

O+
Posted: Sep 22, 2022 at 15:02 Quote
Isn't that what a followup "all clear/green" status report is for?

Posted: Sep 24, 2022 at 19:18 Quote
Adaptive bikes

I'm glad to see some progress being made and including adapted bikes within trail forks. For example, now when I create a ride log, I can identify that I used a mountain adaptive bike. However, when I post photos, I cannot select adaptive bike as the type of activity. Anywhere that bike types are being used for activity types are being used, we need to have adaptive bike or adaptive biking included. Thanks!

One of the reasons why we need this is that some adopted bikes are considered mobility devices like wheelchairs, and that are legally allowed anywhere where you can walk. E bikes or mountain bikes may not be allowed in such places.

O+
Posted: Sep 26, 2022 at 16:52 Quote
Canadmos wrote:

I think I was imagining the ability to just see a current punchlist for an area, for example. If I go to trail reports, filter for yellow/amber and a region, it shows me every yellow/amber report since the beginning of time. Sometimes I just have a couple hours where I'd like to go take care of a couple things, and so it'd be cool to be able to be able to quickly know what needs to be addressed.

As you said, I can dive into each trail to see what the current status is. Just thinking about simple ways to bring that up a level to avoid looking under too many rocks.

O+
Posted: Sep 26, 2022 at 18:03 Quote
PacificNorthWes wrote:
Canadmos wrote:

I think I was imagining the ability to just see a current punchlist for an area, for example. If I go to trail reports, filter for yellow/amber and a region, it shows me every yellow/amber report since the beginning of time. Sometimes I just have a couple hours where I'd like to go take care of a couple things, and so it'd be cool to be able to be able to quickly know what needs to be addressed.

As you said, I can dive into each trail to see what the current status is. Just thinking about simple ways to bring that up a level to avoid looking under too many rocks.

You could try out the Status page for a region and then sort by the trail status column. It'll bring the yellow/orange/red statuses to the top. There's also some filter buttons at the top.

Like this...just need to sort the status column.
https://www.trailforks.com/region/south-march-highlands/status/?viewMode=table&activitytype=1

Mod O+
Posted: Sep 30, 2022 at 18:12 Quote
You can filter the reports by "active". Only the MOST RECENT report on a trail is active.
https://www.trailforks.com/region/south-march-highlands/reports/?viewMode=table&status=99&activitytype=1&active=1

We might work on some sort of more complex issue flagging system one day, but @Canadmos is correct, the way it works now, is if there is a newer report showing status=green, that's how to clear it.

O+
Posted: Oct 9, 2022 at 20:49 Quote
forrestgladding wrote:
Maybe if it allows dirtbikes assume it allows ebikes. Frustrating as a paying customer how inaccurate the ebike layer is. Maybe start by merging all the dirt bike layers with ebike layers

I would add, as I found Wisconsin to be pretty inaccurate before I started to improve it, to allow a region change to propagate down to the individual trails. Currently you have to modify every trail one by one and it is a nightmare.

O+
Posted: Nov 7, 2022 at 9:58 Quote
Do "walk" activities not get synced from Strava to Trailforks?

Posted: Nov 7, 2022 at 13:38 Quote
Canadmos wrote:
Do "walk" activities not get synced from Strava to Trailforks?

I've never had a "walk" synchronize, but I have had multiple "hike" activities synchronize.

Posted: Nov 28, 2022 at 7:54 Quote
How to flag or remove photos?
All of the photos posted on a trail named Slingshot at Vailocity Bike Park are from some other location. Vailocity is in Temecula, California and there are no significant trees in the region - the photos are in a forest. Plus the trail is practically featureless singletrack that winds around the shrubbery - the photos show all sorts of wooden features and jumps. Is there any way to flag inaccuracy or completely remove the pictures from the trail so users aren't misled?
Photos

Mod O+
Posted: Nov 28, 2022 at 15:56 Quote
BenLow2019 wrote:
How to flag or remove photos?
All of the photos posted on a trail named Slingshot at Vailocity Bike Park are from some other location. Vailocity is in Temecula, California and there are no significant trees in the region - the photos are in a forest. Plus the trail is practically featureless singletrack that winds around the shrubbery - the photos show all sorts of wooden features and jumps. Is there any way to flag inaccuracy or completely remove the pictures from the trail so users aren't misled?
Photos

I removed all the photos.

Posted: Nov 30, 2022 at 2:57 Quote
I'm using Trail Reports to log work being done by the volunteers in my region, it would be nice if in the work report, you could enter a date that the work was done and have that logged for that date instead of adding it as trailreport for the day you enter the data. One work around I found is if you've recorded your activity (hike/ride/ etc.) when you were doing the trail work, then you can load that activity, add trailreports from that activity (albeit you cannot add a work report at this point, only status/condition), submit it, then go back into the trail reports and edit it from there and that is where you can add a work report, and it will be logged on the trail activity date. This is cumbersome, and relies on having recorded an activity. And secondly, I know as an admin you can set up approval for trail reports, but can you you have it set up for approval only for work reports? And finaly, I'm an admin for Jefferson Forest region, but under the admin tab, I don't see the option to set up groups, is this still a function?
Thanks

Mod O+
Posted: Dec 5, 2022 at 22:41 Quote
You can change the date of reports when adding or editing a report on the website.

Posted: Dec 6, 2022 at 17:59 Quote
canadaka wrote:
You can change the date of reports when adding or editing a report on the website.
Got it, thanks!!

O+
Posted: Dec 18, 2022 at 12:21 Quote
I was logged into trail forks, to wite some feedback I had to log into pinkbike. Hmm, ok on with my story.

In Trailforks in my ride log you can select stats and see a wonderous array of stat's, graphs and so on, mind boggling. But the thing is that I want to look at hours of riding and distance ridden since last fork service (or shock service or whatever). I know the date I had the bike serviced but it is not very easy to get stats from a date to a date. You can access every year individually or "all" but unless you get your bike serviced annually in middle of summer holidays (for those in the southern hemisphere) it is not that easy to use the stat's productively. In terms of downloading a bank statement from internet banking you can generally download a CSV file or other between dates. It might be a major to do something but clearly the TF has all the data and has put huge effort into displaying it. It is just that when I come to use the data it isn't that usable.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014878
Mobile Version of Website