Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions
Posted: Feb 22, 2023 at 2:28 Quote
BenLow2019 wrote:
Ampfrog wrote:
Hi, just noticed events are now included as pins in my profile map. If my profile is going to be spammed with ads, I am not going to spend any more of my time documenting/contributing any trail info/status/photos/etc. Please don't ruin a what was a good thing.

Thanks for pointing this out. I like the events on the map though. It alerts me to them in case I may be interested in joining.

Maybe they should make it something that could be disabled for paying users.

So the hours I've spent documenting stuff to improve the site instead of paying cash means nothing? It should be a separate UX within the website, or at least a toggle within the profile, so as to not be mixed with ridden trails and what I use for where to ride next/what hasn't been documented/etc. It is nice to see things going on within spitting distance that I may not have been aware of, but profile page is probably not the best place to force it into.

Mod O+
Posted: Feb 24, 2023 at 1:05 Quote
There is an "events" layer that is off by default. But we are allowing some special paid events from BikeReg to show on the map by default.

I will remove these special event pins from the profile map next month.

Posted: Feb 27, 2023 at 14:11 Quote
Videos assigned to the wrong trail.

All the videos assigned to Hill Trail in the region Cuyamaca Rancho State Park are for a different trail someplace else (Sam Hill Trail)

There is a "Hill Trail" in the park, but these videos are not of that trail.
https://www.trailforks.com/trails/hill-trail-115983/videos/

Mod O+
Posted: Mar 6, 2023 at 17:07 Quote
I unlinked all the videos

O+
Posted: Mar 15, 2023 at 9:41 Quote
Is it standard practice for TF admins to reject trails that do not quite properly connect at the ends?

I ask because, as I'm sure you know, when manually adding a trail (drawing the path), the final path often changes slightly when published. For instance, if I create a trail with five points going around a tight turn, it may be altered to show three points when it is published.

Because of this phenomenon, even if trail ends meet when creating trails, not all of them "link up" 100% when they go live. They may have small gaps.

I was under the impression that trails for which this occurs are approved (assuming there are no other issues), and the locals (or other editors) are welcome to adjust accordingly in the future.

Please clarify.

Thanks for all the hard work!

Mod O+
Posted: Mar 15, 2023 at 13:25 Quote
I wouldn't reject trails because of this, but different regions and admins might have different standards. Because of the decentralized nature of Trailforks moderation, its hard to enforce any standard. You can always message the admin?

Posted: Mar 29, 2023 at 12:32 Quote
I posted this on the recent Trail Report article, but figured this is probably a better spot.

I enjoy submitting Trail Reports often.
However...
There's a Trail Report feature that needs help: 'Scheduling'.
If a report is supposed to expire then the report should go away or otherwise become invisible upon expiration.
It's confusing to look at a trail and believe that it's closed and then realize later that you needed to follow the report to see that it was closed two weeks ago for an event that was a day long and the report was scheduled to expire after the event, but it persists in view.

Mod O+
Posted: Mar 30, 2023 at 21:22 Quote
BenLow2019 wrote:
I posted this on the recent Trail Report article, but figured this is probably a better spot.

However...
If a report is supposed to expire then the report should go away or otherwise become invisible upon expiration.
It's confusing to look at a trail and believe that it's closed and then realize later that you needed to follow the report to see that it was closed two weeks ago for an event that was a day long and the report was scheduled to expire after the event, but it persists in view.

if a report is set to expire, the trail status should revert to the status of the previous report.

Posted: Apr 2, 2023 at 14:56 Quote
canadaka wrote:
BenLow2019 wrote:

However...

if a report is set to expire, the trail status should revert to the status of the previous report.

Here you go. https://www.trailforks.com/report/2675864/
This report was set to expire today at noon and it hasn't. The CLOSED status persists anyplace you look. You have to follow the report and find out that it is no longer closed and the status is expired.
This is just one example fo the schedule expiration failure in that specific region, Vailocity bike park (link)
photo
photo

Posted: Apr 3, 2023 at 6:16 Quote
Adding to the above. I just checked the trails again and they all still remain in CLOSED status despite the report also stating that the status expired yesterday.
Looking at the STATUS layer on the map also shows them CLOSED.

Posted: Apr 8, 2023 at 16:38 Quote
Been having trouble with Trailforks a lot after a couple of the most recent updates.

photo
photo

As you can see, no matter what discipline I put my map view in (Hike, Trail Run, XC Skiing, etc.), a large portion of the trails that used to show up highlighted (green, blue, etc.) don't show up anymore. Can't click on these trails, interact with them, get trail data. All these trails are still active trail systems.

Kind of annoying since I just renewed my subscription and a lot of my local trail data isn't accessible.

Mod O+
Posted: Apr 8, 2023 at 16:47 Quote
The first and best step for troubleshooting these sort of issues is to delete the app and reinstall fresh.

Posted: Apr 9, 2023 at 14:07 Quote
canadaka wrote:
The first and best step for troubleshooting these sort of issues is to delete the app and reinstall fresh.

Sure, I'll give er a go. Thanks bud!

O+
Posted: Apr 20, 2023 at 15:27 Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=244633

How do I switch my default bike AND save it??

Posted: Apr 29, 2023 at 3:51 Quote
Idea: use the OSM offline routing database, such as the one compiled by http://download.geofabrik.de/ and that I use in QMapShark (PC) or that Osmand uses on the mobile.

I don't know how easy or difficult it is to implement it in Trailforks, both on the web and in the app, but it would allow not to depend on the perfection in creating accesses and to join perfectly the trails. At least as a secondary option.

That's all, an idea that can be ignored. TF is a wonderful discovery (I'm an enthusiastic contributor).

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015751
Mobile Version of Website