Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions
O+
Posted: Jan 15, 2024 at 18:55 Quote
Just wondering, is there a way to see a history of trail information edits for a riding area? Especially name changes. The edits don't show in the activity feed.

An area I ride frequently https://www.trailforks.com/region/naseby-forest/ has had a bunch of trail names etc changed recently - all done officially by the club & land managers as far as I know, but it would be good to see a list of all the changes to help keep track.

As it is there will be a bit of confusion for a while with most people knowing the old names and not being able to find them on trailforks.

Mod O+
Posted: Jan 23, 2024 at 17:25 Quote
Gravelben wrote:
Just wondering, is there a way to see a history of trail information edits for a riding area? Especially name changes. The edits don't show in the activity feed.

An area I ride frequently https://www.trailforks.com/region/naseby-forest/ has had a bunch of trail names etc changed recently - all done officially by the club & land managers as far as I know, but it would be good to see a list of all the changes to help keep track.

As it is there will be a bit of confusion for a while with most people knowing the old names and not being able to find them on trailforks.

you can click the "contributors" link on a trail, then from there there is a revisions link. to see on a per-trail basis.

Admins have access to a region level audit log.

O+
Posted: Jan 25, 2024 at 6:38 Quote
If a region has switched to the winter map, how come ridelogs in that region don't also show the winter map?

The ridelogs also don't capture riding the winter trails, they still grab the summer/non-winter trails.

This ridelog for example - https://www.trailforks.com/ridelog/view/63818714/

The map doesn't default to the winter one and all the matched trails are the summer ones. If I add trail reports, it won't prompt for any of the winter trails.

Mod O+
Posted: Jan 25, 2024 at 13:46 Quote
ridelogs themselves have never had support for "winter". The trail matching and map for a ridelog is based on the activitytype. So if its a winter activitytype, then the map will be winter. There is a "winter fate bike" you can choose.

O+
Posted: Jan 25, 2024 at 14:11 Quote
Ah, noted. I synced a new bike and it had the default mountain bike activity selected.

The map should still popup as the winter map though, if it's within the winter map dates Razz

Posted: Jan 30, 2024 at 10:37 Quote
Would it be possible when adding a trail from
HOME/trails/add trail, when loading the gpx it would inherit the parameters of the region to which it corresponds (if any)?
I mean primary activity and allowed uses. In addition to the hierarchy corresponding to that region.

Posted: Feb 1, 2024 at 1:15 Quote
I received a feedback from trail association which could be interesting:

Receiving karma donations is of course a good support for associations. In Switzerland, the associations are more interested in gaining more members. the more members the associations have, the more influence their interests have on political decisions.

Beside Karma donation recommendation, it would be cool when users receive recommendations to become member of most ridden ride area association. May be coupled with karma points as well and possibly combined with the trailforks affiliate program.

Further would be a nice feature If users could show their memberships in their profile, as well as the members of the trail associations are recognizable.

O+
Posted: Feb 5, 2024 at 14:17 Quote
It has probably been mentioned deep in this thread elsewhere, but here goes:

Weather historical data. If data is available, it would be amazing to be able to see how much precipitation has fallen in the last 48 hours within a trail complex.

O+
Posted: Feb 5, 2024 at 21:42 Quote
toddnzmtb wrote:
illepic wrote:
It has probably been mentioned deep in this thread elsewhere, but here goes:

Weather historical data. If data is available, it would be amazing to be able to see how much precipitation has fallen in the last 48 hours.
I can see it here https://www.trailforks.com/tools/weathermap/ under daily rain history.

Dude this is amazing! I had no idea!! I love this app.

Posted: Feb 19, 2024 at 5:45 Quote
toddnzmtb wrote:
The route planner is quite awful to use, one thing that would be useful would be to be able to select multiple points and delete them, similar to adding a new trail, select a 'polygon' then delete.

Also to be able to move the start or end point, if I'm using someone else's ride and want to start/finish in a different place.

I spent ages creating a route then it just vanished, there's no 'undo' or 'history' or 'quick save' so the whole thing was gone, devastating.

And despite pressing Z [zed] it still snaps to an existing trail.

You already have the polygon tool. You only have to NOT "edit points" and you will see it

Posted: Feb 19, 2024 at 5:47 Quote
JLlor wrote:
toddnzmtb wrote:
The route planner is quite awful to use, one thing that would be useful would be to be able to select multiple points and delete them, similar to adding a new trail, select a 'polygon' then delete.

Also to be able to move the start or end point, if I'm using someone else's ride and want to start/finish in a different place.

I spent ages creating a route then it just vanished, there's no 'undo' or 'history' or 'quick save' so the whole thing was gone, devastating.

And despite pressing Z [zed] it still snaps to an existing trail.

You already have the polygon tool. You only have to NOT "edit points" and you will see it
The only thing I miss is the chance to upload several gpx to merge them. But, delete points, move them, etc is ok to me

O+
Posted: Feb 26, 2024 at 9:23 Quote
I just made some edits to a few local trails for accuracy (the tracks were way off from the activity recordings) and also added a few access roads. They all got rejected a few minutes later by a member who joined a year ago and has a trust score of 18. All the rejections have a rejection score of 5 after 1 vote by a person who apparently just joined and has made minimal contributions to TF.

Is this normal?

Thanks very much.

O+
Posted: Mar 21, 2024 at 8:20 Quote
The new looking on the homepage feed is interesting. But IMO, there are some things missing, or inconsistencies.

Some actions have no icon.
Some have an action icon, but there is no description in plain text saying what it is.

Examples:
photo

photo

Mod O+
Posted: Mar 22, 2024 at 20:05 Quote
spokesmanmtb wrote:
I just made some edits to a few local trails for accuracy (the tracks were way off from the activity recordings) and also added a few access roads. They all got rejected a few minutes later by a member who joined a year ago and has a trust score of 18. All the rejections have a rejection score of 5 after 1 vote by a person who apparently just joined and has made minimal contributions to TF.

Is this normal?

Thanks very much.

I don't know why all your submissions were rejected, I do see that the user is part of the region admin group. And the first trail I checked had a hidden trail already there, so likely an illegal trail.

Mod O+
Posted: Mar 22, 2024 at 20:07 Quote
The new feed design should have titles, I'll look at those missing ones. They seem to all be for grouped activities.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.241749
Mobile Version of Website