Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions
Author Message
Mod Plus
Posted: Jun 20, 2014 at 2:29 Quote
mallorcadave wrote:
enduro86 wrote:
On my dashboard whenever someone I follow adds a trail I get a notification, which clogs up my dash a bit. Are we able to get a option in my dashboard settings so that I don't get a notification when someone adds a trail/region?

Yes I agree with that, just had over 100 notifications!

I thought one of the other Devs had added options for that on the PB dashboard settings, maybe its not enabled yet, I will check. If not we will work on adding them.

Posted: Jun 22, 2014 at 21:38 Quote
would it be possible to extend it worldwide ?at least for the Bike parks ? It would be awesome for people looking for a road trip. Wink

Mod Plus
Posted: Jun 22, 2014 at 21:50 Quote
ibex-rider wrote:
would it be possible to extend it worldwide ?at least for the Bike parks ? It would be awesome for people looking for a road trip. Wink

The site is worldwide and anyone can add new regions (country/prov/city/riding areas). We have been adding areas in every US state to get the ball rolling. But its a user driven site.

You can see where there are trails added so far on this page: http://www.trailforks.com/trails/

Same goes with Bike Parks, we were going to start adding Bike Parks ourselves next week, but will need GPS data for trails.

Posted: Jun 24, 2014 at 18:06 Quote
This is the perfect opportunity to capture the history of trails. Along with year created, it would be great to capture original trail builder's name, any insight into the meaning of the trail's name (some cool/funny stories), past names (some trails have changed over the years), etc. This information is scarce and I think you guys are onto growing a database that's going to be super valuable! It would work like a wikipedia format where people come along and clarify information to ensure the data gets more and more accurate over time. Even better if you can link the builders to their Pinkbike accounts (if they're on here). Not sure how they would feel about their privacy (and the risk associated with trails that aren't "legitimate"), but all food for thought. Thanks for making it happen.

Mod Plus
Posted: Jun 24, 2014 at 23:46 Quote
nshoregal wrote:
This is the perfect opportunity to capture the history of trails. Along with year created, it would be great to capture original trail builder's name, any insight into the meaning of the trail's name (some cool/funny stories), past names (some trails have changed over the years), etc. This information is scarce and I think you guys are onto growing a database that's going to be super valuable! It would work like a wikipedia format where people come along and clarify information to ensure the data gets more and more accurate over time. Even better if you can link the builders to their Pinkbike accounts (if they're on here). Not sure how they would feel about their privacy (and the risk associated with trails that aren't "legitimate"), but all food for thought. Thanks for making it happen.

So people can already do all of this. There isn't a specific field for history, but can be added under the open-ended description field. I do have a specific field for year created, as I had the idea of creating a timeline chart down the road.

Edits to trails for adding this type of info can be made by anyone, just click the yellow "contribute" tab in the top right to edit the trail. There is past revisions saved and a history of all those who have contributed edits.

There is a feature on trails to add the maintainers/supporters and specify which years they worked on the trail. So the original builder can be added here. It can be linked to a Pinkbike profile or just a text name field.

I would love to see some people adding the history of some of the local trail names. Thanks for the comment!

Posted: Jun 30, 2014 at 14:49 Quote
I just voted on one of my local trails, and somehow gave it 3 stars when I meant 5. When I go back I am not able to change this, it just says that I have already voted. It would be good to be able to change this, either if you have made a mistake or if the trail changes.

Mod Plus
Posted: Jun 30, 2014 at 23:57 Quote
canadaka wrote:
mallorcadave wrote:
enduro86 wrote:
On my dashboard whenever someone I follow adds a trail I get a notification, which clogs up my dash a bit. Are we able to get a option in my dashboard settings so that I don't get a notification when someone adds a trail/region?

Yes I agree with that, just had over 100 notifications!

I thought one of the other Devs had added options for that on the PB dashboard settings, maybe its not enabled yet, I will check. If not we will work on adding them.

I added options to enable/disable all the trailforks related PB dashboard events. Click the gear icon on your dashboard page.

I added to my todo list 5-star vote editing.

Posted: Jul 1, 2014 at 7:20 Quote
wrote:
I added to my todo list 5-star vote editing.

Thanks, it will be great to be able to change your vote.

Mod Plus
Posted: Jul 10, 2014 at 13:28 Quote
wrote:
jerryclelford wrote:
I added to my todo list 5-star vote editing.

Thanks, it will be great to be able to change your vote.

You can now change your trail 5-star rating votes.

Posted: Jul 10, 2014 at 14:07 Quote
Yes. It works! Thankyou

Posted: Jul 11, 2014 at 9:23 Quote
It seems that all of the "Random Trail Photos" are only of trails that I have viewed before, I would really like to see them be from all trails in the area I'm browsing instead of only ones that I've seen before. For example if I'm browsing the "Province" homepage I would like to see random photos from all the trails in BC.

Mod Plus
Posted: Jul 11, 2014 at 10:35 Quote
legomyego1010 wrote:
It seems that all of the "Random Trail Photos" are only of trails that I have viewed before, I would really like to see them be from all trails in the area I'm browsing instead of only ones that I've seen before. For example if I'm browsing the "Province" homepage I would like to see random photos from all the trails in BC.

huh I guess you just have strange luck, the randomness is not related to trails you have viewed at all. I defiantly see photos from trails all over. Right now the site still has WAY more content for BC trails than anywhere else, so the ods of seeing photos from a BC trail you might already know is high.

What does change about that random photo block is the scope based on which activity feed "tab" your viewing. So if your on wordwide compared to province.

Posted: Jul 12, 2014 at 10:23 Quote
Hi!
I'm trying to upload a new trail for the Whistler area, "Hey Bud". It's a very well known trail but it's not in your files yet. Once I've finished all the specs. it says that my "trust" rate is too low to confirm the trail, how can I do it then? this is the link to the info I've edited http://www.trailforks.com/confirm/view/trail/2476/

I want to upload this trail because I have a nice video from it. https://vimeo.com/100392722

Suggestion: If at the end of the process I'm not going to be able to upload the trail, this could be checked BEFORE entering any data and not after, because the process takes time....

Thanks

Mod Plus
Posted: Jul 13, 2014 at 11:53 Quote
Jabali wrote:
Hi!
I'm trying to upload a new trail for the Whistler area, "Hey Bud". It's a very well known trail but it's not in your files yet. Once I've finished all the specs. it says that my "trust" rate is too low to confirm the trail, how can I do it then? this is the link to the info I've edited http://www.trailforks.com/confirm/view/trail/2476/

I want to upload this trail because I have a nice video from it. https://vimeo.com/100392722

Suggestion: If at the end of the process I'm not going to be able to upload the trail, this could be checked BEFORE entering any data and not after, because the process takes time....

Thanks

This is how the site works, new content like trails need to be confirmed by a moderator or 'the community' before they are added. So others can vote to confirm or reject your trail, but more likely a mod will decide before then.

You had info that is lost? It doesn't seem so, as that confirm URL you posted works. But you shouldn't have seen any message about trust? IT should only reject a submission if your trust score is very negative, yours is neutral at 0.
http://www.trailforks.com/help/view/5/

I approved the trail and found a gps track for it too add.

Posted: Jul 15, 2014 at 20:34 Quote
Loving the new sight! Can't thank you folks enough for all the work you're putting in... just rode a local trail i wasn't even aware of till yesterday thanks to TFtup One very minor personal issue i find (since this is the feedback forum) is that i often inadvertently have the cursor over the map when attempting to scroll the page and end up zooming the map instead. Then i have to fuss around a bit to get it back to the view i wanted. Which makes me cry. Perhaps having to click/select the map window to activate the zoom function? Otherwise good stuff all around. Thanks again and keep it up.


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016290
Mobile Version of Website