Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions
Posted: Oct 27, 2017 at 3:15 Quote
canadaka wrote:
I could make it visible for ridelogs in a region you admin. At least for sensitive ones, not private ones.
That works. Regional admins already know where the sensitive trails are anyway.

Mod Plus
Posted: Oct 27, 2017 at 10:30 Quote
Shoe2190 wrote:
Sorry if this suggestion has already been made but is there any chance that Trailforks will integrated with Android wear 2? I have a Casio WSD-F20 watch which can run strava but having trailforks on the watch face on my bars would be amazing. Currently use the viewranger app through the watch for mapping.

No immediate plans, we are a small dev team and have so much on our list. Plus I don't have an Android watch.

Posted: Oct 30, 2017 at 3:43 Quote
canadaka wrote:
Shoe2190 wrote:
Sorry if this suggestion has already been made but is there any chance that Trailforks will integrated with Android wear 2? I have a Casio WSD-F20 watch which can run strava but having trailforks on the watch face on my bars would be amazing. Currently use the viewranger app through the watch for mapping.

No immediate plans, we are a small dev team and have so much on our list. Plus I don't have an Android watch.

No probs thanks for the reply anyway.

Posted: Nov 2, 2017 at 3:13 Quote
Region Map Widget:
I would be nice if there were an option to choose Trail Style by Color.
All the other options are there but not color.

The excellent Plot a map tool:
In my riding area I really miss the option to choose OpenStreetMap as background map when plotting a map.
Is it possible to add that option?

Mod Plus
Posted: Nov 2, 2017 at 10:35 Quote
Drjoshua wrote:
Region Map Widget:
I would be nice if there were an option to choose Trail Style by Color.
All the other options are there but not color.

The excellent Plot a map tool:
In my riding area I really miss the option to choose OpenStreetMap as background map when plotting a map.
Is it possible to add that option?

Adding the color option to widget now.

What do you mean by the "plot a map tool"? Cna you provide a link.

If you mean the "Ride Planner" you can choose the basemap in the top right.

Posted: Nov 2, 2017 at 10:39 Quote
My bad. I mean the tool for printing maps. Sitting on my mobile now but maybe you know what I mean? Where you can create posters in jpg and pdf?

Tools/Print Maps
https://www.trailforks.com/tools/printmap/

Posted: Nov 3, 2017 at 8:37 Quote
Sweet! The color option is already in place. Thanks!

Mod Plus
Posted: Nov 3, 2017 at 10:49 Quote
Unfortunately the print tool can only use our custom basemap which is based on some OSM data.

Posted: Nov 3, 2017 at 11:46 Quote
I think I may have suggested this 30 pages back but I'd like to make the suggestion again. It would be really nice to have a tool where regional admins could submit the tiles which intersect a riding area for updated ride guides, heatmap, and labels. I recognize that these are computing intensive and this is a new tool that I'm asking for so it's just a suggestion. I'd find it very useful for those few riding areas that are undergoing new development and or changing access. Updating the global dataset obviously can't happen all that frequently and that's why I think an admin tool requesting small area updates would be great. Thanks.

Posted: Nov 3, 2017 at 12:38 Quote
canadaka wrote:
Unfortunately the print tool can only use our custom basemap which is based on some OSM data.

To bad! The background map, in my area, is lacking so many paths so printing it gives too little information for visitors. The printing tool is really cool though.

Posted: Nov 6, 2017 at 19:28 Quote
Print Maps Tool: I am attempting to export a map of one of our winter fatbike areas. I have the winter trails layer turned on in the trail layers list, but in the print maps tool section where you choose which layers to include in the exported map, there is no option for winter trails. Despite having the winter trails layer turned on in the map view, the exported map only shows summer trails. Am I missing something, or is the winter trail layer not available for the Print Maps tool?

Mod Plus
Posted: Nov 6, 2017 at 20:47 Quote
KevinBuxton wrote:
Print Maps Tool: I am attempting to export a map of one of our winter fatbike areas. I have the winter trails layer turned on in the trail layers list, but in the print maps tool section where you choose which layers to include in the exported map, there is no option for winter trails. Despite having the winter trails layer turned on in the map view, the exported map only shows summer trails. Am I missing something, or is the winter trail layer not available for the Print Maps tool?

It should only show the winter trails when you generate the print file. If you want to update the map to show the winter trails, use the normal map layers option.

Posted: Nov 6, 2017 at 21:11 Quote
canadaka wrote:

It should only show the winter trails when you generate the print file. If you want to update the map to show the winter trails, use the normal map layers option.

Yup, I've turned on the winter trails view using the normal map layers option, but the generated print file doesn't show the winter trails, just the summer trails. I think there may be a bug...?

Mod Plus
Posted: Nov 7, 2017 at 10:56 Quote
KevinBuxton wrote:
canadaka wrote:

Yup, I've turned on the winter trails view using the normal map layers option, but the generated print file doesn't show the winter trails, just the summer trails. I think there may be a bug...?

Yes there seems to be a problem, I tried in this area and didn't get the winter trails output. Looking into it!

Posted: Nov 7, 2017 at 20:38 Quote
OK thanks, let me know what you find out!

Copyright © 2000 - 2018. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016885
Mobile Version of Website