Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions
Posted: Nov 27, 2017 at 8:27 Quote
pinkrobe wrote:
jitenshakun wrote:
Any idea how to download .gpx files from Trailforks? I ask for some application work.

TIA.
Desktop:
There's a green Download button at the bottom of the trail's page. Click on that, and then go to the GPX / KML tab to download the file.

Phone/Tablet:
There's a grey Download button at the bottom of the trail's page. Click on that, and then go to the GPX / KML tab to download the file.

If the trail has been set to not permit downloads, this ^^^^^ won't work. Contact the region admin and/or the person who submitted the trail for assistance.

Thank you. I was looking at the wrong part of the page.

Mod Plus
Posted: Nov 28, 2017 at 10:22 Quote
zsdoom wrote:
I think it would be good on the "Browse trails by map" page to have the option to select/hide trails by options such as difficulty, trail features, whether youve ridden it, trail type etc

For technical reasons the trail filtering is not available on the global map. You can do what you describe on a pre-region level though. Goto any city or riding area's page, then under the "more" dropdown is the "advanced map". On the right sidebar of the fullpage map is a "Filter" tab. Here you have access to a whole tone of filters.

https://www.trailforks.com/region/callendar-estate/map/

Posted: Jan 8, 2018 at 7:46 Quote
Hi,

When I add a trail, I see from time to time yellow tracks indicating I assume ride logs. It would be a nice feature in discovering new trails, if you could flag this option also on the map (not only in the "add new trail" section.

Posted: Jan 8, 2018 at 8:58 Quote
With seasonal Fatbike trails, i.e. snowshoe trails, what about a seasonal Fatbike setting?

This is likely only a thing for users in the North, but still may be handy.

Mod Plus
Posted: Jan 8, 2018 at 18:32 Quote
jitenshakun wrote:
With seasonal Fatbike trails, i.e. snowshoe trails, what about a seasonal Fatbike setting?

There is already support for seasonal winter trails.
https://www.trailforks.com/help/view/61/

Posted: Jan 9, 2018 at 7:45 Quote
canadaka wrote:
jitenshakun wrote:

There is already support for seasonal winter trails.
https://www.trailforks.com/help/view/61/

D-oh my miss.

Great layer!

Posted: Jan 9, 2018 at 8:09 Quote
2 little requests....

1/ Any chance someone could clear out all the rejected stuff from the UK and Scotland admin groups? For some reason the system says I don't have the status to do these myself even though I'm an admin.

2/ More of a feature request.....

on the ridelogs page.. possibly only needed on Country and Region levels.. Would it be possible to add a region/riding area column to the list so that its easier to see where each ridelog relates to without having to open them up to find out?

Mod Plus
Posted: Jan 10, 2018 at 23:46 Quote
GavinStorie wrote:
2 little requests....

1/ Any chance someone could clear out all the rejected stuff from the UK and Scotland admin groups? For some reason the system says I don't have the status to do these myself even though I'm an admin.

2/ More of a feature request.....

on the ridelogs page.. possibly only needed on Country and Region levels.. Would it be possible to add a region/riding area column to the list so that its easier to see where each ridelog relates to without having to open them up to find out?

#1 done!

#2 not sure what you mean, when viewing the list of ridelogs for a country or region, there is columns in the table for city and location

Posted: Jan 26, 2018 at 16:04 Quote
wrote:
[#2 not sure what you mean, when viewing the list of ridelogs for a country or region, there is columns in the table for city and location

Ignore me.... i think my browser was having a brain fart. it wasn't showing up :-)

Posted: Feb 1, 2018 at 9:11 Quote
Is there a decent guide to getting started importing trails into Trailforks? I am with an economic development agency and I work specifically with cyclist in order to help promote the region and raise cycling awareness in our area. We have many mountain bike trails in our area (very few are currently on Trailforks) and I am wanting to update and load all of our regions trails. I have been stumbling through the process through trial and error but wondered is there was a tutorial or anything like that.

Mod Plus
Posted: Feb 1, 2018 at 12:13 Quote
NEWATrails wrote:
Is there a decent guide to getting started importing trails into Trailforks? I am with an economic development agency and I work specifically with cyclist in order to help promote the region and raise cycling awareness in our area. We have many mountain bike trails in our area (very few are currently on Trailforks) and I am wanting to update and load all of our regions trails. I have been stumbling through the process through trial and error but wondered is there was a tutorial or anything like that.

We have some video tutorials here: https://www.trailforks.com/help/

but you can also contact brent@pinkbike.com he can help you, maybe setup a Skype screen sharing tutorial session with you.

Posted: Feb 8, 2018 at 8:04 Quote
I believe the colors used for the trail conditions layer could be improved. Right now green is wet, and red is dry. I suggest reversing these, so that green is "GOOD", and red is "NO-GO". Which is the convention everyone else uses.

This would also change "variable" to yellow (caution).

blues are great for snow/ice.

Posted: Feb 16, 2018 at 7:41 Quote
With trails that have wrongly associated Trail Photos, is there a way to "Bulk Reconnect" them to the proper trail if you are not the photo owner?

I can Bulk Unlink them. These are all Event photos, so can they be reconnected to both the event and the trail by the non-owner?

Mod Plus
Posted: Feb 16, 2018 at 13:54 Quote
chuktA wrote:
With trails that have wrongly associated Trail Photos, is there a way to "Bulk Reconnect" them to the proper trail if you are not the photo owner?

I can Bulk Unlink them. These are all Event photos, so can they be reconnected to both the event and the trail by the non-owner?

No, there is currently no way to bulk connect photos to a trail or event.

I do have a hidden feature to bulk remove ALL photos from a trail. So if you every come across a trail with A LOT of photos that are all wrong, just send me a PM and I can remove them all at once.

Posted: Feb 20, 2018 at 6:10 Quote
This is a complete non-bike related question. I opened Trailforks and noticed the weather report for my region (Penticton), it seemed waaaaay colder than what I remember the forecast reporting.
Where does the widget pull that data from? Neither weather.gc.ca nor theweathernetwork are remotely close. TF lists a -24C and both weather channels show -6C.

Copyright © 2000 - 2018. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016904
Mobile Version of Website