Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions
Posted: Feb 20, 2018 at 11:29 Quote
ithomas wrote:
you guys might be able to partner up with strava and use the segments they already have to get more trails on the site

strava is full of crap segments. pulling their data over here would be a disaster.. + strava is all about road bikes. They dont really care about MTBs

Posted: Feb 22, 2018 at 13:33 Quote
Make it so that the ride planner doesnt just rely on added trails, but so that you can plan with roads already on google maps etc. otherwise its a pain and you cant really plan a ride.

Mod Plus
Posted: Feb 22, 2018 at 17:53 Quote
youann2170 wrote:
Make it so that the ride planner doesnt just rely on added trails, but so that you can plan with roads already on google maps etc. otherwise its a pain and you cant really plan a ride.

Most areas include the roads surrounding the trails. Please link to the region you are trying to make a ride plan that doesn't allow routing on roads.

Posted: Feb 28, 2018 at 15:18 Quote
Since winter is upon europe and the weather is not always that nice to go out riding in the evening, I use zwift to do some training and it would be nice to have a trailforks outfit Smile It could releave a bit the pain that I can't select an mtb in that program Cool

Mod Plus
Posted: Feb 28, 2018 at 16:16 Quote
TheHill wrote:
Since winter is upon europe and the weather is not always that nice to go out riding in the evening, I use zwift to do some training and it would be nice to have a trailforks outfit Smile It could releave a bit the pain that I can't select an mtb in that program Cool

Hmm I know nothing about Zwift, I'll look into it.

Posted: Mar 6, 2018 at 3:09 Quote
canadaka wrote:
TheHill wrote:

Hmm I know nothing about Zwift, I'll look into it.

I did some search and it seems that all requests for team outfits have to be mailed at info@zwift.com or support@zwift.com.

Posted: Mar 12, 2018 at 12:33 Quote
On the emergency page where it gives your location in gps co-ordinates. could we add an option to give UK National grid co-ordinates as well. In the UK most mountain rescue teams seem to favour this type of location data.

Just a thought as well but it might be an idea to have a link to the nearest hospital and first aid points on the Emergency page as well?

Could we add seperate POI icons for Hospitals and AED's to compliment the First Aid Signs ?

Posted: Mar 20, 2018 at 6:24 Quote
Hi, I've got a suggestion:

Should you make POI private, hidden or acessible only via password?

Example: Some time ago I've submitted a private cabin that wasn't very well know but it was a nice place to stay over night for bikepackers. BUT since on trailforks I've heard a lot of complaints from local hikers and cabin onwers, some people use it pretty often and leave messy. I don't really want to delete it from TF because it could be usefull for some.

Any suggestions?

Mod Plus
Posted: Mar 20, 2018 at 15:57 Quote
jxxw wrote:
Hi, I've got a suggestion:

Should you make POI private, hidden or acessible only via password?

Example: Some time ago I've submitted a private cabin that wasn't very well know but it was a nice place to stay over night for bikepackers. BUT since on trailforks I've heard a lot of complaints from local hikers and cabin onwers, some people use it pretty often and leave messy. I don't really want to delete it from TF because it could be usefull for some.

Any suggestions?

Currently there is no hidden option for POI, just the "Show on Map" option. But its not on the map, most people will never discover it. There is a small link on a region page to list a regions POI in a table, where you could then find it. Or a direct Link.

Mod Plus
Posted: Mar 28, 2018 at 18:04 Quote
I don't remember where, but awhile ago someone made a comment about people missing that there was a 2nd "Races" tab on the routes page of a region, people were not finding those routes.

So I re-did the region routes page.
Example https://www.trailforks.com/region/squamish/routes/

The page now instead has 2 columns, if there is races in the region. Also I've added small route preview images.

Posted: Apr 4, 2018 at 8:53 Quote
I noticed the event end date changes when I edit an event, this issue has happened every single time.
for example 6:00pm changes to 9:00am and another event 5:00pm 8:00am.

Mod Plus
Posted: Apr 4, 2018 at 12:00 Quote
mtbboy1993 wrote:
I noticed the event end date changes when I edit an event, this issue has happened every single time.
for example 6:00pm changes to 9:00am and another event 5:00pm 8:00am.

Thanks for the report, fixing that now!

Posted: Apr 8, 2018 at 14:05 Quote
It would be awesome to have the ability to post a Trail Network Report that allows an entire area to be 'closed' and shown easily via any of the interfaces.
Our new weather patterns we are seeing that have us with back to back 100 year floods in an area that typically would be filled with tourists searching for open trails is leaving our network quite vulnerable to catastrophic damage.

Bikes = happy
Flooding = sad

Mod Plus
Posted: Apr 8, 2018 at 19:05 Quote
Crapalier wrote:
It would be awesome to have the ability to post a Trail Network Report that allows an entire area to be 'closed' and shown easily via any of the interfaces.
Our new weather patterns we are seeing that have us with back to back 100 year floods in an area that typically would be filled with tourists searching for open trails is leaving our network quite vulnerable to catastrophic damage.

Bikes = happy
Flooding = sad

You can do a bulk report for all the trails in an area. Additionally I have added a region status, its just not used on our website or app really curently. But can be used via widgets. Its set automatically when a certain number of the trails in a region are open or closed. Or you can manually toggle the region status from the admin page of the parent region. This region status admin page also has handy links to the bulk reports for each riding area.
https://www.trailforks.com/region/penticton/admin/status/

Posted: Apr 11, 2018 at 10:26 Quote
I see you can tell the % grade of the trail by hovering over the elevation profile, but it would be nice to have the grade color coded with shading on the profile like it is on mtbproject. Makes it very easy to see the difficulty of climbs at a glance.

Copyright © 2000 - 2018. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016011
Mobile Version of Website