Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions
Posted: Jun 20, 2018 at 2:13 Quote
Ride planner tool is behaving strangely. When setting the first point the whole picture with trails scrolls/jumps upwards. The first point lands off-trial with (sometimes) subsequent routing error.

Edit: PC Win7 64bit Chrome
Edit2: Today, 21 june, everthing is working as usual. Smile

Thanks!

Posted: Jun 24, 2018 at 5:09 Quote
OrjanX wrote:
canadaka wrote:
OrjanX wrote:
Management of a hidden riding area.

So this area (Dillingby) I have developed the last 5 years is hidden since spring 2017 on TF due to land owner's request not to have it public. I am fine with that. We can ride as much as we like, altough the area is sparsely visted. We have a secret group on FB to share GPX files etc. But still, to be able to have it in the TF app would be favourable compared to other apps. Now I have tried to add permission to a friend to access the area on TF. Seems to work. But the trail lines on the app are hard to read since they are drawn very thin. Also the routing tool does not seem to work on the web for them or me, and snapping of trail ends does not work when editing a trail.

Is there a way to make the trails lines in the app thicker for hidden areas?

Could the routing tool be made to handle a hidden area?

Thanks! /Örjan

Sorry the idea of hidden trails was never developed with that in mind really. Hidden trails need to have a separate look to normal trails on the map, thus the thinner line. And hidden trials are not included with the routing tool, to not expose them. It would get complicated working in per-user permissions to view hidden trails in the routing network.

Best you can do is just add individual users to the region admin with "hidden" permission, which sounds like you've done.

Ok, I see. We can surely live with these limitations. But is there any way you can make the lines thicker but still beeing different from other normal trails? It would help a lot for usage of the app in the field.

Thanks!

Posted: Jun 24, 2018 at 5:12 Quote
For some reason I can only see the hidden trails on the App version, but not on the Web version, running Windows 7 and I have hidden permission.....is there some setting I'm missing on the web version?
Thx

O+
Posted: Jun 24, 2018 at 18:43 Quote
Is there a way to view your "wishlist" in map form. For example, to plan rides that are nearby or while on trips/roadtrips?

I searched, but could not find an answer.

Mod O+
Posted: Jun 25, 2018 at 12:54 Quote
the-lorax wrote:
Is there a way to view your "wishlist" in map form. For example, to plan rides that are nearby or while on trips/roadtrips?

https://www.trailforks.com/profile/the-lorax/wishlist/trails/map/

O+
Posted: Jun 25, 2018 at 14:26 Quote
canadaka wrote:
the-lorax wrote:

https://www.trailforks.com/profile/the-lorax/wishlist/trails/map/

Awesome! How do you navigate to that though?

Edit: Nevermind. I found it! I think that button should be much more prominent rather than a tiny nondescript button at the bottom of the page.

Posted: Jun 25, 2018 at 19:37 Quote
A question moreso than a suggestion.

The GPS interval settings (1,5,20,Manual) - how does that affect the 'split times' when uploaded to Strava?

For example, if I set the GPS to poll every 20 seconds, are your split times only accurate to then closest 20 seconds? Same applies further down the scale ( 5 / 1 ), if I'm doing a short DH tun, then microseconds differentiate the top of the charts. How does your GPS polling interval, affect the time captured?

Mod O+
Posted: Jun 25, 2018 at 20:03 Quote
waxyfeet wrote:
A question moreso than a suggestion.

The GPS interval settings (1,5,20,Manual) - how does that affect the 'split times' when uploaded to Strava?

For example, if I set the GPS to poll every 20 seconds, are your split times only accurate to then closest 20 seconds? Same applies further down the scale ( 5 / 1 ), if I'm doing a short DH tun, then microseconds differentiate the top of the charts. How does your GPS polling interval, affect the time captured?

This setting only affects the passive updating of your location (blue dot) on the map. When you are recording a ride this setting is ignored, the recording has its own interval settings, based on distance moved.

Posted: Jun 27, 2018 at 3:09 Quote
Thanks @canadaka

Posted: Jul 2, 2018 at 10:54 Quote
GOOD IDEA MR
youann2170 wrote:
Make it so that the ride planner doesnt just rely on added trails, but so that you can plan with roads already on google maps etc. otherwise its a pain and you cant really plan a ride.

O+
Posted: Jul 6, 2018 at 7:58 Quote
I wonder why in some regions add ridelogs takes so much time, for example I'm in Slovenia now and it takes very long. I still have 4 activities (from Sunday, Monday etc.) in the sync queue.

Mod O+
Posted: Jul 7, 2018 at 14:37 Quote
kaiser81 wrote:
I wonder why in some regions add ridelogs takes so much time, for example I'm in Slovenia now and it takes very long. I still have 4 activities (from Sunday, Monday etc.) in the sync queue.

Seems there is a backlog in the queue growing again. I'll try to increase the speed to get the queue size down. Its over 9,000 right now!

Posted: Jul 9, 2018 at 11:00 Quote
TF Ridelogs,
Any chance to get a better "edit" system? right now everytime I edit and remove trails, more and more trails are being entered in the ridelog.
I would like to be able to remove the wrongly detected segments by a single click, right now it's guess work when the same actual segment is recorded 2+ times, in various directions. I'm just giving up on recording the trails I've actually taken since it's so hit/miss when it goes through the detection.
I'm uploading my trails from my Garmin GPSMAP 62s and Basecamp.

Posted: Jul 9, 2018 at 14:25 Quote
I am Admin for HAUGHMOND HILL and an issue has arisen. During the Summer very heavy bracken, ferns and brambles make some trails very difficult if not impossible. What I would like to do is to 'flag' trails that are impossible due to this undergrowth so that I can filter them out during the Summer. This is similar to WINTER and WINTER and SUMMER trails. During the winter all trails are rideable, just in summer some are hopeless. What happens is a visitor tries to ride one of these trails and thinks all are the same overgrown state.
Is there a way of editing (in bulk preferably) all trails to the state in summer? Then how would a user access a SUMMER trails only?

Hope this makes sense!

Mod O+
Posted: Jul 9, 2018 at 15:20 Quote
Cyclingclaire wrote:
I am Admin for HAUGHMOND HILL and an issue has arisen. During the Summer very heavy bracken, ferns and brambles make some trails very difficult if not impossible. What I would like to do is to 'flag' trails that are impossible due to this undergrowth so that I can filter them out during the Summer. This is similar to WINTER and WINTER and SUMMER trails. During the winter all trails are rideable, just in summer some are hopeless. What happens is a visitor tries to ride one of these trails and thinks all are the same overgrown state.
Is there a way of editing (in bulk preferably) all trails to the state in summer? Then how would a user access a SUMMER trails only?

Hope this makes sense!

I would just do a bulk trail report for all those effected trails, making their status significant issue or closed.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012311
Mobile Version of Website