Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions
Mod Plus
Posted: Sep 18, 2018 at 1:45 Quote
OrjanX wrote:
Rejected trail message

When a person gets a trail rejected there is this message sent out (Reject vote message). Very helpful if the message also could contain the name of the rejected trail, and not only a non-working link.

Thanks!

/Örjan, Sweden-admin

I'll add the trail title in the email!

Posted: Sep 18, 2018 at 6:05 Quote
>>But even better is add the Route to your "WIshlist" then install and use our Garmin CIQ app on your Edge 1000, to view and load your Wishlisted routes & trails. No limit there!

I appreciate all you are trying to do for the community. That being said, it's frustrating using your service...

1) Can you ask for a small (maybe $5) donation to bypass the 3-day moratorium on productivity? It would help me and others be able to download when we first sign up.

2) I'm traveling around the western USA on rides. This karma thing is very confusing, and I have no idea how many "points" I get for donating to different causes, so I didn't donate through you guys (I donate other places locally).

3) Also, at least in my specific situation, I'm traveling to 7 states, and I'd be donating quite a bit of cash to download 7 states with of data. I'm doing this trip on a shoestring budget (sleeping in my truck), and I don't have that kind of scratch. The obvious solution to me would be to allow users to designate an area (by dragging a rect on a map) and spending fewer karma points for that area as opposed to an entire state. I'll only be in Colorado for 2 days, and I may never return...

4) I ended up adding the entire Winter Bike Park trail system to my wishlist one trail at a time (very slow and possibly incomplete - let's add that feature to drag an area to select trails!). Then I had to go into my Garmin Edge 1000 and click about 600 times through the menus to add each and every trail to my device. Can you guys create an "Add All" option at the start of the list? That was extremely time consuming...

Thanks.

Posted: Sep 18, 2018 at 14:15 Quote
That link provided in the Reject vote message seems useless/unvalid. Good if the rejected trail can be edited again by the submitter.

Thanks!

canadaka wrote:
OrjanX wrote:
Rejected trail message

When a person gets a trail rejected there is this message sent out (Reject vote message). Very helpful if the message also could contain the name of the rejected trail, and not only a non-working link.

Thanks!

/Örjan, Sweden-admin

I'll add the trail title in the email!

Posted: Sep 18, 2018 at 17:33 Quote
I am trying to create a route that will be unpublished utilising hidden trails. The Hidden trails have been approved a few days ago but do not appear when I am trying to plot the route. Is there a work around this?

Thanks

Mod Plus
Posted: Sep 18, 2018 at 22:44 Quote
harwox wrote:
I am trying to create a route that will be unpublished utilising hidden trails. The Hidden trails have been approved a few days ago but do not appear when I am trying to plot the route. Is there a work around this?

Thanks

currently no, the route planner is only on public trails. It's tricky technically to solve, since only certain users have permission to access certain hidden trails in certain areas. harder to control with the route planning.

Mod Plus
Posted: Sep 20, 2018 at 8:33 Quote
Regarding Trail Karma, when the currency is changed, the displayed currency remains in USD.

Mod Plus
Posted: Sep 20, 2018 at 10:51 Quote
The currently change only effects the form to donate, the data sent to PayPal. It doens't convert the recent donations amounts on the TF website.

Mod Plus
Posted: Sep 20, 2018 at 12:23 Quote
Are there any plans to change this? It would be nice to see it in my own currency.

Posted: Sep 21, 2018 at 6:39 Quote
Self crossing trails in different planes

We are currently cleaning up trails in Sweden with respect to self crossing and knots. This trail, Pista Ciclabile, which just has been cut in two has a bridge where the original trail crossed itself. With the split of the trail there is now a connection point in Ride Planner. But according to the photo you have no options at the crossing. How to handle this?

Pista Ciclabile trail
Pista Ciclabile photo

/Örjan, Sweden admin

Mod Plus
Posted: Sep 21, 2018 at 6:44 Quote
you can't! The TF ride planner isn't complex enough to handle routing situations like that. Which are not very common on mtn biking trails.

Posted: Sep 21, 2018 at 6:55 Quote
So, which is worse? A deceiving junction or a self crossing trail?

canadaka wrote:
you can't! The TF ride planner isn't complex enough to handle routing situations like that. Which are not very common on mtn biking trails.

Posted: Sep 21, 2018 at 10:23 Quote
Hi,

Would it be possible to make the friends column searchable on the ride log page?
I would like to see rides I have done with a particular person by searching using their name.

Thanks,
David

Posted: Sep 24, 2018 at 0:14 Quote
About the Trailforks maps for Garmin Edge devices. Would be good if there was some kind of information when the last update for each region/country was made.
Garmin Maps For Mountain Biking

"The trail & POI data is from the Trailforks database, we will updated the Garmin maps maybe twice a year."
Trailforks Basemap for Garmin

Thanks!

Posted: Sep 24, 2018 at 11:53 Quote
it's not ideal but.. the date of the last update is in the filename.

UK: 3113_2018_06_united-kingdom.img

3113 is the region id, 06/2018 is the last update date .

Posted: Sep 30, 2018 at 15:31 Quote
As an admin (not sure about regular users), when confirming a trail, sometimes a "Duplicate GPS Track Match / hidden trail..." message pops up. This is probably to inform the admin that this trail was already inserted but was set to hidden so that it doesn't show up in the map.
However, as an admin sometimes it's really cumbersome to find out which hidden trail is actually triggering this message. It would be really helpful if it was linked in this message as well instead of only showing that there is some hidden trail. As an admin, you're already eligible to see all the hidden trails anyway.

Right now I cannot find any hidden trail that would be triggering this message for a newly entered trail. It doesn't show up in the advanced map, which should show all the hidden trails, nor in the trail list for this region. I don't know, maybe there's something else broken there as well...

https://www.trailforks.com/confirm/view/trail/128387/

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005974
Mobile Version of Website