Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions
Posted: Oct 1, 2018 at 8:13 Quote
canadaka wrote:
If you have any suggestions on things to improve or features to add let us know! Or if you have any concerns or criticisms please let us know.

Please make the Apple App work for Apple Watch! I'm about to drop into a Series 4 watch in an effort to use / look at my phone less and it would be amazing if I had Trailforks access on the watch. I know of other straight GPS apps that work for Apple Watch, ie. Gaia, so it would be awesome to have the maps accessible for mtb users.

Thanks!

Posted: Oct 1, 2018 at 8:54 Quote
eljefespeaks wrote:
canadaka wrote:
If you have any suggestions on things to improve or features to add let us know! Or if you have any concerns or criticisms please let us know.

Please make the Apple App work for Apple Watch! I'm about to drop into a Series 4 watch in an effort to use / look at my phone less and it would be amazing if I had Trailforks access on the watch. I know of other straight GPS apps that work for Apple Watch, ie. Gaia, so it would be awesome to have the maps accessible for mtb users.

Thanks!

Sorry, I see you have an App-specific feedback thread, so I'll post there - thanks!

Posted: Oct 6, 2018 at 12:24 Quote
As a local admin, is there any way that I can see which other admin or group with admin privileges approved a trail in my local area? Short of emailing everyone? The trail is in a contentious area and I would like to follow up on it.

thanks

Mod O+
Posted: Oct 6, 2018 at 12:56 Quote
KevinBuxton wrote:
As a local admin, is there any way that I can see which other admin or group with admin privileges approved a trail in my local area? Short of emailing everyone? The trail is in a contentious area and I would like to follow up on it.

thanks

On the trail edit page near the bottom you should see a link for Confirm History, click it and it will show who confirmed the trail.

Not sure which trail you are talking about. We are currently in the middle of a major site clean up and we needed to clear out all pending content. If it was me I apologize!

This is not normal and you will not see me approving trails in areas that have admins very often or ever.

Thanks

Posted: Oct 6, 2018 at 19:14 Quote
hey no worries Mark, and thanks for the Confirm History tip - I haven't noticed that before.

Cheers
Kevin

Mod O+
Posted: Oct 21, 2018 at 19:32 Quote
OrjanX wrote:
About the Trailforks maps for Garmin Edge devices. Would be good if there was some kind of information when the last update for each region/country was made.
Garmin Maps For Mountain Biking

"The trail & POI data is from the Trailforks database, we will updated the Garmin maps maybe twice a year."
Trailforks Basemap for Garmin

Thanks!

I add the last update time as a tooltip when you hover over a regions download file size (MB)

Posted: Oct 22, 2018 at 5:17 Quote
Works only for Canadian and US maps, but not for Rest of the world.

Thanks!

canadaka wrote:
OrjanX wrote:
About the Trailforks maps for Garmin Edge devices. Would be good if there was some kind of information when the last update for each region/country was made.
Garmin Maps For Mountain Biking

"The trail & POI data is from the Trailforks database, we will updated the Garmin maps maybe twice a year."
Trailforks Basemap for Garmin

Thanks!

I add the last update time as a tooltip when you hover over a regions download file size (MB)

O+
Posted: Oct 28, 2018 at 18:42 Quote
I have created a race course route, but after initially plotting have changed some of the trail order. The change shows up in the order of trail list but is not replicated in the actual map or the elevation profile. Is there a way to fix this or should I delete and start again. Thanks.

O+
Posted: Oct 30, 2018 at 4:11 Quote
I am the president of our local mtb and xc ski club "Memphremagog Ski Touring Foundation". We are rapidly growing our mtb system, joined VMBA as a new chapter "Memphremagog Trails (MSTF)". I am trying to add our association and trails to trailforks, but am paralyzed by being new - no trust score. This means I can't add the trails under our association , since trailforks isn't popping up the association yet on the trail registration page. We have cred, have been a club for almost 20 years, website MSTF.net, over a hundred members. I am the logical person to be a moderator for our are association - how to I achieve that? I am asking club members to confirm but of course that takes some time. thanks, Bob Primeau

Mod O+
Posted: Oct 30, 2018 at 6:14 Quote
RPrimeau wrote:
I am the president of our local mtb and xc ski club "Memphremagog Ski Touring Foundation". We are rapidly growing our mtb system, joined VMBA as a new chapter "Memphremagog Trails (MSTF)". I am trying to add our association and trails to trailforks, but am paralyzed by being new - no trust score. This means I can't add the trails under our association , since trailforks isn't popping up the association yet on the trail registration page. We have cred, have been a club for almost 20 years, website MSTF.net, over a hundred members. I am the logical person to be a moderator for our are association - how to I achieve that? I am asking club members to confirm but of course that takes some time. thanks, Bob Primeau

I'll PM you.

O+
Posted: Nov 4, 2018 at 2:57 Quote
Hey, did we ever figure out if this could become a thing?
photo

Posted: Nov 4, 2018 at 9:49 Quote
Good day,
normally a riding area is assigned to a city. A city can have several riding areas.
It happens quite often: A Riding Area belongs to 2 different cities. Please allow 2 riding areas to be assigned to a riding area. Or even 3

Freischneider

Posted: Nov 4, 2018 at 10:01 Quote
In German-speaking countries and more. Is there the rating according to STS. http://www.singletrail-skala.de/s0
It also corresponds to their colors.
White = S0
Green = S1
blue = S2
black = S3
Black (extreme) = S4
Orange (extreme) = S5
Could you put these labels (S0-S5) behind the color? In "Add a new Trail".
Otherwise it always comes to wrong reviews. With S0-S5, most people can do something.

Freischneider

Mod O+
Posted: Nov 4, 2018 at 12:05 Quote
Freischneider wrote:
Good day,
normally a riding area is assigned to a city. A city can have several riding areas.
It happens quite often: A Riding Area belongs to 2 different cities. Please allow 2 riding areas to be assigned to a riding area. Or even 3

Freischneider

Not sure how your regional hierarchy works but in Canada/USA it would normally go ride area-city-sub-region-province/state-country.

Regarding your question, are you asking to have a ride area assigned to another ride area? Or in the above did you mean assign a ride area to two cities?

Posted: Nov 5, 2018 at 0:14 Quote
markholloway wrote:
Freischneider wrote:
Good day,

Freischneider

Not sure how your regional hierarchy works but in Canada/USA it would normally go ride area-city-sub-region-province/state-country.

Regarding your question, are you asking to have a ride area assigned to another ride area? Or in the above did you mean assign a ride area to two cities?

I mean assign a ride area to two cities.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011636
Mobile Version of Website