Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions
Author Message
Mod Plus
Posted: Jan 1, 2019 at 20:28 Quote
tgullacher wrote:
How can I remove a SAC Scale data from my trails? I added a nordic ski trail as a hiking trail before the nordic ski option was there, but the SAC rating persists and I can't find a way to remove it.

Thanks!

Can you link to an example trail? The SAC scale should only show if the trail supports hiking activity.

Posted: Jan 2, 2019 at 8:10 Quote
canadaka wrote:

Can you link to an example trail? The SAC scale should only show if the trail supports hiking activity.

Here is one of the trails: https://www.trailforks.com/trails/jackrabbit-loop/

The SAC Scale isn't in the Details, but if you click on the trail to display the pop-up, its listed in the pop-up

Posted: Jan 2, 2019 at 11:54 Quote
Maps don't seem to load in Internet Explorer anymore. Yes I know, Internet Explorer...

Mod Plus
Posted: Jan 2, 2019 at 14:33 Quote
Canadmos wrote:
Maps don't seem to load in Internet Explorer anymore. Yes I know, Internet Explorer...

Hmm you are right... but not sure It's a big deal... they work in Microsoft Edge. and we get such a small percentage of traffic from IE. Have to move forward at some point!

But I'll take a look if it might be an easy fix.

Posted: Jan 2, 2019 at 19:59 Quote
Just out of curiosity, what edits do you TFAdmins make to various trails every so often? I get notices of edits and there is no description and often I can't find a change.
Is it just aligning the dots to clean up the backlog of 'dirty gps' tracks?

I've whipped my 'constituants' into doing descriptions for edits but the overlords don't seem to do them Wink

Carry on with the excellent work !!

Posted: Jan 3, 2019 at 7:56 Quote
Removed, posted in wrong thread.

Mod Plus
Posted: Jan 3, 2019 at 13:05 Quote
Crapalier wrote:
Just out of curiosity, what edits do you TFAdmins make to various trails every so often? I get notices of edits and there is no description and often I can't find a change.
Is it just aligning the dots to clean up the backlog of 'dirty gps' tracks?

I've whipped my 'constituants' into doing descriptions for edits but the overlords don't seem to do them Wink

Carry on with the excellent work !!

It's likely Mark or Brent cleaning up GPS track issues.


For the trail snapping, I'll reduce the auto-snap distance a bit. was around 30 meters, will change to 20 meters.

Mod Plus
Posted: Jan 3, 2019 at 21:00 Quote
Crapalier wrote:
Just out of curiosity, what edits do you TFAdmins make to various trails every so often? I get notices of edits and there is no description and often I can't find a change.
Is it just aligning the dots to clean up the backlog of 'dirty gps' tracks?

I've whipped my 'constituants' into doing descriptions for edits but the overlords don't seem to do them Wink

Carry on with the excellent work !!

Ya probably me. I'm either cleanup overlapping trails or editing the track to be more accurate. Most time I try and leave a edit note, but when you are doing 100's of edits a day I sometimes forget to add it.

It also depends if I am actually editing trails on the site or using a different tool to do the edits, which does not give me the option to leave an edit note since we are trying to speed up the edit process.

Posted: Jan 5, 2019 at 13:41 Quote
markholloway wrote:
Crapalier wrote:
Just out of curiosity, what edits do you TFAdmins make to various trails every so often? I get notices of edits and there is no description and often I can't find a change.
Is it just aligning the dots to clean up the backlog of 'dirty gps' tracks?

I've whipped my 'constituants' into doing descriptions for edits but the overlords don't seem to do them Wink

Carry on with the excellent work !!

Ya probably me. I'm either cleanup overlapping trails or editing the track to be more accurate. Most time I try and leave a edit note, but when you are doing 100's of edits a day I sometimes forget to add it.

It also depends if I am actually editing trails on the site or using a different tool to do the edits, which does not give me the option to leave an edit note since we are trying to speed up the edit process.

Hi Mark
I have posted to another thread, insure of the correct place, about a revision you did a few hours ago in 'my' area. (Haughmond Hill in the UK). This was going to cause problems on the ground which I doubt you would have been aware of. (described in other thread). If you were to contact the Admin (me) I would be able to explain why the trails were laid out as they were. If the trails here are causing a technical issue back at TF HQ then I am sure we can sort this out. Unfortunately, as you allude to in your last reply, the Admins are not fully notified when editing takes place and only when 'a new trail is added'. I appreciate your comment that you do hundreds of edits, but surely it is worth having an automatic notifier when a Riding Area is altered remotely. I try and keep on top of 'edits' in this area, but remote alterations that seem to just 'happen' for no reason in particular do cause issues with riders in this area who have asked for trail alterations. I hope this does not come across as a negative comment, just as a constructive comment to try and keep our Riding Area functioning well.
Best Wishes
Claire
Admin Haughmond Hill UK

Posted: Jan 6, 2019 at 8:40 Quote
Any plans to bring back the ridelog overlays on the map on each profile page? I liked how you could look at a riding area and see where you've been and what areas you haven't ridden yet. This seemed to have disappeared about a month ago. (Mac/Google Chrome)

Thanks!

Mod Plus
Posted: Jan 6, 2019 at 9:58 Quote
Cyclingclaire wrote:
markholloway wrote:
Crapalier wrote:
Just out of curiosity, what edits do you TFAdmins make to various trails every so often? I get notices of edits and there is no description and often I can't find a change.
Is it just aligning the dots to clean up the backlog of 'dirty gps' tracks?

I've whipped my 'constituants' into doing descriptions for edits but the overlords don't seem to do them Wink

Carry on with the excellent work !!

Ya probably me. I'm either cleanup overlapping trails or editing the track to be more accurate. Most time I try and leave a edit note, but when you are doing 100's of edits a day I sometimes forget to add it.

It also depends if I am actually editing trails on the site or using a different tool to do the edits, which does not give me the option to leave an edit note since we are trying to speed up the edit process.

Hi Mark
I have posted to another thread, insure of the correct place, about a revision you did a few hours ago in 'my' area. (Haughmond Hill in the UK). This was going to cause problems on the ground which I doubt you would have been aware of. (described in other thread). If you were to contact the Admin (me) I would be able to explain why the trails were laid out as they were. If the trails here are causing a technical issue back at TF HQ then I am sure we can sort this out. Unfortunately, as you allude to in your last reply, the Admins are not fully notified when editing takes place and only when 'a new trail is added'. I appreciate your comment that you do hundreds of edits, but surely it is worth having an automatic notifier when a Riding Area is altered remotely. I try and keep on top of 'edits' in this area, but remote alterations that seem to just 'happen' for no reason in particular do cause issues with riders in this area who have asked for trail alterations. I hope this does not come across as a negative comment, just as a constructive comment to try and keep our Riding Area functioning well.
Best Wishes
Claire
Admin Haughmond Hill UK

If you want to contact me directly and we can sort out any issues. In the end we just need to figure out a way to have trails not overlap each other.

Mod Plus
Posted: Jan 6, 2019 at 10:41 Quote
Cyclingclaire wrote:
markholloway wrote:
Crapalier wrote:
Just out of curiosity, what edits do you TFAdmins make to various trails every so often? I get notices of edits and there is no description and often I can't find a change.
Is it just aligning the dots to clean up the backlog of 'dirty gps' tracks?

I've whipped my 'constituants' into doing descriptions for edits but the overlords don't seem to do them Wink

Carry on with the excellent work !!

Ya probably me. I'm either cleanup overlapping trails or editing the track to be more accurate. Most time I try and leave a edit note, but when you are doing 100's of edits a day I sometimes forget to add it.

It also depends if I am actually editing trails on the site or using a different tool to do the edits, which does not give me the option to leave an edit note since we are trying to speed up the edit process.

Hi Mark
I have posted to another thread, insure of the correct place, about a revision you did a few hours ago in 'my' area. (Haughmond Hill in the UK). This was going to cause problems on the ground which I doubt you would have been aware of. (described in other thread). If you were to contact the Admin (me) I would be able to explain why the trails were laid out as they were. If the trails here are causing a technical issue back at TF HQ then I am sure we can sort this out. Unfortunately, as you allude to in your last reply, the Admins are not fully notified when editing takes place and only when 'a new trail is added'. I appreciate your comment that you do hundreds of edits, but surely it is worth having an automatic notifier when a Riding Area is altered remotely. I try and keep on top of 'edits' in this area, but remote alterations that seem to just 'happen' for no reason in particular do cause issues with riders in this area who have asked for trail alterations. I hope this does not come across as a negative comment, just as a constructive comment to try and keep our Riding Area functioning well.
Best Wishes
Claire
Admin Haughmond Hill UK

You're not getting an email notification when there is a trail edit?

Posted: Jan 9, 2019 at 10:56 Quote
campasternak wrote:
Any plans to bring back the ridelog overlays on the map on each profile page? I liked how you could look at a riding area and see where you've been and what areas you haven't ridden yet. This seemed to have disappeared about a month ago. (Mac/Google Chrome)

Thanks!

110% Agreed!

Mod Plus
Posted: Jan 11, 2019 at 14:36 Quote
meaks wrote:
campasternak wrote:
Any plans to bring back the ridelog overlays on the map on each profile page? I liked how you could look at a riding area and see where you've been and what areas you haven't ridden yet. This seemed to have disappeared about a month ago. (Mac/Google Chrome)

Thanks!

110% Agreed!

I'm often shocked when something like that is removed that people actually used it!

So your talking about the map at the top of your profile page that shows markers of all the places you've ridden. But if you zoomed in very close it would load your actual ridelogs as yellow lines?

Posted: Jan 11, 2019 at 15:29 Quote
canadaka wrote:
I'm often shocked when something like that is removed that people actually used it!

So your talking about the map at the top of your profile page that shows markers of all the places you've ridden. But if you zoomed in very close it would load your actual ridelogs as yellow lines?

Yeah, that's it! It was really cool to drill down to see the all your ridelogs as individual yellow lines, and then a link to the ridelog itself was just insanely powerful... Really fun/satisfying to fly around and see all the ground you've covered!


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.040428
Mobile Version of Website