Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions
Mod Plus
Posted: May 28, 2019 at 14:08 Quote
provin1327 wrote:
Is there anywhere to see average time to complete a route?

Currently no, just for individual trails. Something we could guesstimate in future using the trails in a route.

Posted: May 29, 2019 at 8:21 Quote
Would you consider adding the ability to add roads into a route? I imagine this is probably outside of the functionality of the maps data for the moment, but it would be so helpful for some epic loop routes I'm trying to create that will require me to connect up some singletrack on paved paths or roads. Do you think this is a feature that will ever be available?

Mod Plus
Posted: May 31, 2019 at 11:18 Quote
shreddyshorty wrote:
Would you consider adding the ability to add roads into a route? I imagine this is probably outside of the functionality of the maps data for the moment, but it would be so helpful for some epic loop routes I'm trying to create that will require me to connect up some singletrack on paved paths or roads. Do you think this is a feature that will ever be available?

We do include roads in our routing system, but only roads around trail networks. The routing gets to slow and slow to update if we include the entire world of roads. I hopefully will be re-visiting the routing system this fall and might come up with a better system.

Posted: Jun 27, 2019 at 11:22 Quote
Browsing my own stats, I lists longest ride, most elevation, etc...
I go into my ride logs hoping to be able to sort by these data points.

Any interest in adding custom headers to the ride log page so it can be sorted by this other data? I could go to strava but really, I'm not a leg shaver so that would be sacrilege.

Thanks!

Posted: Jul 3, 2019 at 13:22 Quote
This has probably been suggested before, but would it possible to make it so that trail reports can be submitted even if the trail status and conditions in the report are the same as the last one? I.e. the last rating for a trail was in 2017 rating the trail as green/dry, I cannot submit a report for the same trail today (3 July 2019) saying green/dry without adding a description. Perhaps it would be possible to make it so that after some amount of time (say like 1 week) it is possible to add a report with the same status and conditions as the previous report.

Mod Plus
Posted: Jul 3, 2019 at 16:28 Quote
SpecializedFTW wrote:
This has probably been suggested before, but would it possible to make it so that trail reports can be submitted even if the trail status and conditions in the report are the same as the last one? I.e. the last rating for a trail was in 2017 rating the trail as green/dry, I cannot submit a report for the same trail today (3 July 2019) saying green/dry without adding a description. Perhaps it would be possible to make it so that after some amount of time (say like 1 week) it is possible to add a report with the same status and conditions as the previous report.

This restriction is only supposed to be if the previous report is less than 24 hours old. Are you trying to add the report from the app or website? If website, what method? Post URL?

Posted: Jul 4, 2019 at 14:20 Quote
Do trail confirmations get escalated after a timeframe? I could find the answer in the Help guide, was just wondering.

Mod Plus
Posted: Jul 4, 2019 at 15:22 Quote
mrtoodles wrote:
Do trail confirmations get escalated after a timeframe? I could find the answer in the Help guide, was just wondering.

We try and let the locals confirm the trails, if it's sat for a couple weeks, then we start to look at them.

Posted: Jul 4, 2019 at 21:23 Quote
canadaka wrote:
SpecializedFTW wrote:

This restriction is only supposed to be if the previous report is less than 24 hours old. Are you trying to add the report from the app or website? If website, what method? Post URL?

Website. I used the add trail report feature. URL: https://www.trailforks.com/contribute/report/?trailid=62910

Posted: Jul 5, 2019 at 2:06 Quote
canadaka wrote:
Freischneider wrote:
In German-speaking countries and more. Is there the rating according to STS. http://www.singletrail-skala.de/s0
It also corresponds to their colors.
White = S0
Green = S1
blue = S2
black = S3
Black (extreme) = S4
Orange (extreme) = S5
Could you put these labels (S0-S5) behind the color? In "Add a new Trail".
Otherwise it always comes to wrong reviews. With S0-S5, most people can do something.

Freischneider

I'll add this to my list.

For technical reasons allowing a `riding area` region to belong to multiple cities is not an easy change. If an area is larger than a city, it should probably be a 'region2' that is above a city in the hierarchy.

Hello,
There is already a timetable for the supplement of MTB-Scale (S0, S1 ...). For hiking, the Sac Scale (T1-T6) has already been implemented.

Posted: Jul 5, 2019 at 9:30 Quote
Is it possible to make it so you can mark places on the map that you can get drinkable water? Something similar to POI locations? That would be extremely helpful for planning longer rides.

Mod Plus
Posted: Jul 5, 2019 at 17:01 Quote
@pecializedFTW this should be fixed now, it should only restrict a new report if less than 24 hours.

@Kenbitting there is a drinking/fountain POI that can be added
https://www.trailforks.com/pois/all/?category=7&activitytype=1

Posted: Jul 7, 2019 at 23:26 Quote
Different rating for mountain bike and hiking. When hiking there are very different evaluation criteria than the mountain bike. A hiker says the trail is 5 stars and a mountain biker says it's 2. So there's no good predictive value of the rating. It would be good if you can do the assessment separately for each activity. It would be best if you call the rating so you still have to choose for which activity you give it. A field must be active and not filled with the last activity.

Mod Plus
Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 12:59 Quote
Freischneider wrote:
Different rating for mountain bike and hiking. When hiking there are very different evaluation criteria than the mountain bike. A hiker says the trail is 5 stars and a mountain biker says it's 2. So there's no good predictive value of the rating. It would be good if you can do the assessment separately for each activity. It would be best if you call the rating so you still have to choose for which activity you give it. A field must be active and not filled with the last activity.

We have this already. When adding/editing a trail be you can add difficulty based on activity type. Its located just under the main rating selection, "add different difficulty per activity type ".

Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 13:58 Quote
When adding/updating a trail there is an option to choose which style of bikes are appropriate - have you thought of adding 24", 20", 16", etc?

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010246
Mobile Version of Website