Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions
Mod Plus
Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 16:13 Quote
nocoast wrote:
When adding/updating a trail there is an option to choose which style of bikes are appropriate - have you thought of adding 24", 20", 16", etc?

If we started to add all the different bike types and wheel sizes the list could get out of hand.

If you are referring to a more kid 'friendly' trail we do have an option to check Family Friendly when adding/editing trails.

Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 20:01 Quote
markholloway wrote:
nocoast wrote:
When adding/updating a trail there is an option to choose which style of bikes are appropriate - have you thought of adding 24", 20", 16", etc?

If we started to add all the different bike types and wheel sizes the list could get out of hand.

If you are referring to a more kid 'friendly' trail we do have an option to check Family Friendly when adding/editing trails.

Some times we need to know what wheel sizes have been there, I don’t want my 29s tainted by the stank of a 26.

Posted: Jul 11, 2019 at 5:12 Quote
Could we add 'time' column in person's bikes' view (e.g. https://www.trailforks.com/profile/Kober/bikes/)?

Currently, we can view the number of rides and distance ridden, but (especially from the suspension-servicing point of view) it would be beneficial to see time spent on each of the bikes too.

Posted: Jul 11, 2019 at 10:49 Quote
It's awesome to see Trailforks expansion into other activity types!

There is a largely unmet(*) need for mapping of rivers and rapids for whitewater rafting and kayaking. I would love to see River Running, Kayaking, or similar as an activity filter!

* Americanwhitewater is frequently broken, the Riverbrain dataset is sparsely populated and neither of these do mapping nearly as well as Trailforks.

Posted: Jul 11, 2019 at 14:49 Quote
Can we please make adding a description to a trail or area mandatory? I hate using MTB Project and Trailforks is far superior but one thing that forces me to go back to MTB Project is the amount of trail and area information they have. It's a bummer when you search a new area on Trailforks only to just find trails with zero information in the descriptions and zero information of the area.

Posted: Jul 12, 2019 at 17:37 Quote
Given Strava's recent cancellation of Relive's access to their API, it seems a lot of people are shutting down their Strava accounts. Might be a good time to reconsider a direct integration with Garmin Connect. That article says that Garmin have eliminated the fee to access their API, which was previously a barrier.

Also, note that Ray calls out Trailforks by name as a service that breaks many of the TOS rules that Relive did.

Posted: Jul 12, 2019 at 18:37 Quote
just bought a Yt Capra 29 al comp im trying to adjust the rear Fox X2 shock, im looking for the high speed rebound and high speed compression Allen key slot ( 6 mm) to no avail, all I can find is the low speed ( 3 mm). went to Fox site and they show all there X2 with shocks with high speed and lower speed compression and rebound 3 mm for low and 6 mm high.... any ideas ?? HELP !

Posted: Jul 12, 2019 at 19:52 Quote
metwo29 wrote:
just bought a Yt Capra 29 al comp im trying to adjust the rear Fox X2 shock, im looking for the high speed rebound and high speed compression Allen key slot ( 6 mm) to no avail, all I can find is the low speed ( 3 mm). went to Fox site and they show all there X2 with shocks with high speed and lower speed compression and rebound 3 mm for low and 6 mm high.... any ideas ?? HELP !

Being a PUSH guy myself, I’m not much help. But maybe the folks in the Fox forums could help more than Trailforks Bugs forum ...

Posted: Jul 12, 2019 at 21:11 Quote
shill wrote:
Given Strava's recent cancellation of Relive's access to their API, it seems a lot of people are shutting down their Strava accounts. Might be a good time to reconsider a direct integration with Garmin Connect. That article says that Garmin have eliminated the fee to access their API, which was previously a barrier.

Also, note that Ray calls out Trailforks by name as a service that breaks many of the TOS rules that Relive did.

Shutting down Strava accounts? I'm constantly besieged by people wanting to follow my extremely boring Strava profile. I'm seeing the opposite of what you're seeing - more people are on Strava every day. It's a PITA - everyone is faster than me, so I slide out of the top 10% into the top 20%. It would be awesome to have people drop Strava - I'd get some top 10s!

Posted: Jul 13, 2019 at 13:03 Quote
pinkrobe wrote:
I'm seeing the opposite of what you're seeing - more people are on Strava every day.

I meant in reaction to this move, not necessarily as an overall trend. Check out the reaction on Twitter and in the article comments.

Posted: Jul 15, 2019 at 4:47 Quote
markholloway wrote:
Freischneider wrote:
Different rating for mountain bike and hiking. When hiking there are very different evaluation criteria than the mountain bike. A hiker says the trail is 5 stars and a mountain biker says it's 2. So there's no good predictive value of the rating. It would be good if you can do the assessment separately for each activity. It would be best if you call the rating so you still have to choose for which activity you give it. A field must be active and not filled with the last activity.

We have this already. When adding/editing a trail be you can add difficulty based on activity type. Its located just under the main rating selection, "add different difficulty per activity type ".

Different difficulty goes. (T1 hiking and S1 MTB)
But different rating is not (5 stars for MTB and 3 stars for hiking).

Place card on hiking. Then see Trail xy. Open this window in detail. Then the name is in the top. xy and behind it Bike Trail. Also the rating is that of MTB. https://www.trailforks.com/trails/karolinenhoftrail--freischneidertrails-24/

Posted: Jul 15, 2019 at 9:33 Quote
I still have a missing day for return to Earth. "Day 4".

I was told to not make rides private which I fixed the same day but still didn't get the badge and it seems like it didn't register as a day I completed.
On the contest pages it says days ridden 13, when I have ridden all 14 days.

www.trailforks.com/profile/eMoose/ridelog
www.trailforks.com/ridelog/view/7093308

Thanks a lot!

Posted: Jul 15, 2019 at 11:07 Quote
Would it be possible to see pending content, when adding or modifying trails, maybe as a dotted line or something?

For example, I just added a missing trail, which a few other trails connect to. I assume it'll get approved at some point, but its hard to snap the existing trails, or approximate, where this new trail is in the mean time.

Right now I'll have to wait a week for the new trail to get approved. Then change the existing trails as need or snap them to the new trail, wait another week for those to get confirmed etc etc... Where as if I can see what is pending and edit to suit that, if it all gets confirmed, it should be good to go at that point, no?

Hope that makes sense...

Mod Plus
Posted: Jul 15, 2019 at 17:15 Quote
Canadmos wrote:
Would it be possible to see pending content, when adding or modifying trails, maybe as a dotted line or something?

For example, I just added a missing trail, which a few other trails connect to. I assume it'll get approved at some point, but its hard to snap the existing trails, or approximate, where this new trail is in the mean time.

Right now I'll have to wait a week for the new trail to get approved. Then change the existing trails as need or snap them to the new trail, wait another week for those to get confirmed etc etc... Where as if I can see what is pending and edit to suit that, if it all gets confirmed, it should be good to go at that point, no?

Hope that makes sense...

Don't have to wait anymore, check your email!

Posted: Jul 15, 2019 at 19:48 Quote
markholloway wrote:
Canadmos wrote:

Hope that makes sense...

Don't have to wait anymore, check your email!

As a variation on this request, I can subscribe to updates from ride logs, and my favorited areas email me when someone adds a new trail or feature to an area that gets approved, but I can't get a notification when someone proposes a change. If I could subscribe to add/edit proposals for an area I'd be happy to review in regions that I'm familiar with to upvote/approve edits and new trails/features. I suspect the last few changes sat unreviewed for some time after people submitted them in an area where I initially added the bulk of the trails, and this would be a nice way to speed up the review process if interested parties can sign themselves up to help with edits.

Ideally this would be a feature a region admin could disable or at least manage the list of authorized approvers.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010307
Mobile Version of Website