Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions
O+
Posted: Feb 10, 2020 at 10:44 Quote
canadaka wrote:
Filthyaddiction wrote:
Love the app but it would be good to have an indication on what end of the trail is the start or finish.

This is normally there, but an update at the end of October broke it. ANd we've been unable to update Android since then because of changes Google has made. This is only an issue on Android and we will finally have an app update this month.

That is awesome to here.

Posted: Feb 11, 2020 at 15:19 Quote
Would be good to display the average % grade of trails. I use this to determine what kind of bike I need or how hard the trail likely is. Would be good to also add this to the the list of options for "trail style" like you can with difficulty or status.

Mod O+
Posted: Feb 11, 2020 at 19:24 Quote
vesania wrote:
Would be good to display the average % grade of trails. I use this to determine what kind of bike I need or how hard the trail likely is. Would be good to also add this to the the list of options for "trail style" like you can with difficulty or status.

If you view a trails details page, you can see it's average grade.

O+
Posted: Feb 12, 2020 at 12:17 Quote
Don't know if it's just me being simple or if it's been suggested before, but I get notifications for trail edits, but can never work out what the edit was. Is there any way to view edit history?

O+
Posted: Feb 12, 2020 at 12:50 Quote
Bert4Breakfast wrote:
Don't know if it's just me being simple or if it's been suggested before, but I get notifications for trail edits, but can never work out what the edit was. Is there any way to view edit history?

You can if you go to the trail in question, scroll to the bottom and look under the weather section, where the submitted on/by info is. Click the contributors link and then revisions on the next page. There is a 'view' link to each revision, if there are any.

Mod O+
Posted: Feb 12, 2020 at 16:25 Quote
Bert4Breakfast wrote:

Yes. If you edit a trail and scroll to the bottom, beside the submit button you will see a revision link.

Mod O+
Posted: Feb 12, 2020 at 16:26 Quote
Bert4Breakfast wrote:

Or do as Canadmos says....

O+
Posted: Feb 13, 2020 at 7:06 Quote
I posted this in the Trailforks Bug Reports thread, but this thread seems to be getting alot more visibility from Trailforks admins, so I'll post here too.

I'm trying to use the Route Planner in the Tucson Arizona area. Why aren't any of the roads and streets routable anymore in this area? Trails are still routable, but streets and roads aren't. I'm trying to map some routes that involve sections of road. This used to work, as I've mapped other routes in the past in this area using roads without issue, but it's not anymore. What's changed? In all other areas that I've checked roads and streets appear to be routable as normal, but not in the Tucson area anymore...

O+
Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 8:31 Quote
freerider11 wrote:
I posted this in the Trailforks Bug Reports thread, but this thread seems to be getting alot more visibility from Trailforks admins, so I'll post here too.

I'm trying to use the Route Planner in the Tucson Arizona area. Why aren't any of the roads and streets routable anymore in this area? Trails are still routable, but streets and roads aren't. I'm trying to map some routes that involve sections of road. This used to work, as I've mapped other routes in the past in this area using roads without issue, but it's not anymore. What's changed? In all other areas that I've checked roads and streets appear to be routable as normal, but not in the Tucson area anymore...

@markholloway, @canadaka, Anyone?

Mod O+
Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 15:00 Quote
There are too many roads and too large a routing area, so they are dumped. A big limitation of the routing system that badly needs a complete overhaul.

O+
Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 15:42 Quote
Thanks. It used to work though? Something changed? I'm trying to route roads up on mt Lemmon. not many roads up there!

Posted: Feb 20, 2020 at 16:16 Quote
Is it just me or is the "Bike Type" category when entering the info for you bikes somewhat confusing? I know these days there are so many different types of bikes and I am unsure of what to select for my "trail" bike. That bike being a Stumpjumper ST. It's not quite a "cross-country" bike but its not a "enduro(all-mountain)" or "downhill" for sure. Then "gravel / adventure" doesn't exactly sound right either.. So I do not know what to set it as and I've accidentally set it wrong once so one of the options is now forever selected no matter what. I think either a way to deselect the "Bike Type" would be good or maybe the types need to reviewed? I really don't know but I just hope I'm not the only one with this weird problem.

O+
Posted: Mar 25, 2020 at 10:04 Quote
Will the app be modified to allow users to provide information on which trails locations are shutdown by CoVid 19

Mod O+
Posted: Mar 25, 2020 at 10:40 Quote
tiffe wrote:
Will the app be modified to allow users to provide information on which trails locations are shutdown by CoVid 19

This can already be done with the existing trail reports. Many areas have submitted trail reports with a closed status to their trails.

O+
Posted: Apr 3, 2020 at 12:17 Quote
Myself and a friend have been trying to upload some short trails that we have built locally to us and the admin keeps rejecting our trails with comments like 'poor quality gps data' ' does not match standards' and 'incomplete gps trace' when we have contacted him he has been very un-helpful and rude and will not reply to our questions of what we need to improve. We have filled out all of the criteria and have used gpx files from our garmins, we walked the trails today to get the most accurate trace we could to improve the gps trace
he has also written to us say 'no further trails are being accepted to Glengap Forest at this time, all submissions will be rejected' when we questioned why and what we needed to do he did not respond.

Anyone else had this happen or know what to do to fix this?

cheers
Ewan

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012477
Mobile Version of Website