Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions
Posted: May 8, 2020 at 12:01 Quote
Hello. On personal profile map is possible to turn on/off a lot of overlays. But I miss possibility to turn off gps tracks (yellow line). Sometime if I look for trails I have not ridden it causes difficulty to me. Thanks.

Mod Plus
Posted: May 11, 2020 at 14:35 Quote
You don't have to use your personal profile map to find trails you haven't ridden. You can filter this on any of the maps on region and trail pages.

In this case, all the trails I've already ridden turn grey on the map.

Posted: May 19, 2020 at 1:16 Quote
Hi, I'm riding in France and Spain.
I find that the maps in TF website are not too performance, whitout details.
It's posible to place the maps of IGN Spain et IGN of France

-Raster IGN Spain
https://www.ign.es/iberpix2/visor/

-France http://https://www.geoportail.gouv.fr/carte/?c=6.7853,45.9797&z=15&l0=GEOGRAPHICALGRIDSYSTEMS.MAPS:WMTS(1)&permalink=yes

-Open cycle maps http://https://www.opencyclemap.org/

In the others local website for mtb like http://http://www.vttrack.fr/
we can use it and they are free.

Thanks
Javier

Posted: May 20, 2020 at 2:07 Quote
I would like to have a filter for unconfirmed trails on the map...
e.g. in germany:
im living in the east part so i want to confirm a trail i already know there i dont even know if someone contributed a trail there i could confirm .. i have to klick on every trail in the list until i maybe find one in the area where i used to ride.

would be nice to have a filter at the map so you can enable confirmed and unconfirmed trails at the same time or only one of them!

Posted: May 23, 2020 at 21:51 Quote
I was scrolling around the heatmap and found so many lines to my house.

I've always had my Strava privacy radius set and it always seems to show properly.
I've always had my Trailforks privacy circle set and it seems to work.

Yet the heat map shows all the traffic.

Next issue, found this as I was trying to track down rides that might have slipped the privacy screen. In Ridelog, I select 2019 -> Submit -> MAP
No map loads. Now I imagine this is quite taxing on the system to generate a map.
If I click LIST now, it kicks back to current year.

Is it possible to view the maps of previous years?
How does TF calculate the global heatmaps? Does it use private ride logs as well?

Posted: May 24, 2020 at 14:22 Quote
In Firefox, the route planner elevation chart doesn't show the cumulative elevation totals on my PC. Not sure if this is a Firefox issue or just my PC. It works fine in Chrome though.

Mod Plus
Posted: May 25, 2020 at 12:12 Quote
Crapalier wrote:
I was scrolling around the heatmap and found so many lines to my house.

I've always had my Strava privacy radius set and it always seems to show properly.
I've always had my Trailforks privacy circle set and it seems to work.

Yet the heat map shows all the traffic.

Next issue, found this as I was trying to track down rides that might have slipped the privacy screen. In Ridelog, I select 2019 -> Submit -> MAP
No map loads. Now I imagine this is quite taxing on the system to generate a map.
If I click LIST now, it kicks back to current year.

Is it possible to view the maps of previous years?
How does TF calculate the global heatmaps? Does it use private ride logs as well?

The ridelog filters don't transfer between pages. So after you click map, re-select the year filter at the top.

Private or sensitive rides are not included in the heatmap. Cropping rides by their privacy zone is tricky for heatmap use... So I believe I changed it awhile ago to just not use a ridelog if it has a privacy zone at all in the heatmap. But the heatmap hasn't been re-generated in awhile, it's cached.

Posted: May 25, 2020 at 14:23 Quote
So those of us who live a short pedal from trails are not counted in heat maps?

Is there going to be a regeneration of heat maps soon? I’ve created some blackout regions around location private properties and trails. Would these be applicable to old logs or just anything from this point on?

Posted: May 27, 2020 at 19:53 Quote
Why are some roads not available for selection in the ride planer tool? For example, I see this road titled DC5 at the Indian Creek area in Colorado but when I try and plan a route in that area I can't select the road for my route.

Mod Plus
Posted: May 28, 2020 at 5:58 Quote
provin1327 wrote:
Why are some roads not available for selection in the ride planer tool? For example, I see this road titled DC5 at the Indian Creek area in Colorado but when I try and plan a route in that area I can't select the road for my route.

Either the road has to be physically add to Trailforks, (we are not encouraging adding every road) or it has to be on OSM and routable.

Best just to use the new draw function, it eliminates the worry of not having actual maps roads to follow.

Posted: May 28, 2020 at 8:01 Quote
markholloway wrote:
provin1327 wrote:

Either the road has to be physically add to Trailforks, (we are not encouraging adding every road) or it has to be on OSM and routable.

Best just to use the new draw function, it eliminates the worry of not having actual maps roads to follow.

I ended up using the draw function. Although it's a cool function it was a pain to use and took forever. Can you use the draw function in conjunction with selecting entire trails? That would have made things way easier.

Posted: Jun 1, 2020 at 9:08 Quote
Would it be possible to put the voted difficulty on the app? In my area I find most trails are uploaded one level too difficult and the voted difficulty is almost always lower and correct. It would be nice to see this in the app.

Posted: Jun 2, 2020 at 9:47 Quote
canadaka wrote:
If you have any suggestions on things to improve or features to add let us know! Or if you have any concerns or criticisms please let us know.

app suggestion -- it would be GREAT if the app allowed for the starting/ending point to be hidden when sharing a ride publicly so that it just looks like a complete loop and you can't pin-point anyone's actual home. In today's world, perhaps that's a good safety-guard we should have access too...

Posted: Jun 14, 2020 at 11:13 Quote
I would like to see a like/kudos option for people writing trail reports or adding trails/trail work. ATM you can just comment and upvote comments.

Mod Plus
Posted: Jun 14, 2020 at 22:08 Quote
hardtailssuck wrote:
I would like to see a like/kudos option for people writing trail reports or adding trails/trail work. ATM you can just comment and upvote comments.

this is not a bad idea.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010207
Mobile Version of Website