Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions
Posted: Aug 3, 2020 at 9:30 Quote
Hi

I recently submitted a route I mtb ride regularly just to let other riders know about an area to possibly try exploring. It was rejected on the grounds it's on private land. This is understandable.
However, trailforks has recently mapped many motorized roads/trails in the same area. All are on private land. The local forest landowner does not want motorized vehicles on their land and spends a lot of time and money trying to block access and posting signs. I have also casually spoken with employees when out riding and they do not mind mtb riding and other non-motorized activity.

My plan was to submit some mtb trails in the area soon. The inconsistent approval process makes me wonder if it's worth the effort.
I should also note I previously had a mtb trail approved in the exact same area in the past. There is also an entire mtb riding area mapped in trailforks nearby, its on private land, and as far as I know not sanctioned.

Posted: Aug 3, 2020 at 13:30 Quote
Check in with the admin for the area (found at the bottom of the region page)
Perhaps the person can shed some light or entertain a discussion as to changing the blockage of trails.

greenwavemf wrote:
Hi

I recently submitted a route I ride regularly just to let other riders know about an area to possibly try exploring. It was rejected on the grounds it's on private land. This is understandable.
However, trailforks has recently mapped many motorized roads/trails in the same area. All are on private land. The local forest landowner does not want motorized vehicles on their land and spends a lot of time and money trying to block access and posting signs. I have also casually spoken with employees when out riding and they do not mind mtb riding and other non-motorized activity.

My plan was to submit some trails in the area soon. The inconsistent approval process makes me wonder if it's worth the effort.
I should also note I previously had a trail approved in the exact same area in the past. There is also an entire riding area mapped in trailforks nearby, its on private land, and as far as I know not sanctioned.

Posted: Aug 5, 2020 at 19:01 Quote
When editing an existing route, it'd be cool if the map is positioned adjacent to the route list. See https://ibb.co/DGHwG71

Posted: Aug 6, 2020 at 12:19 Quote
Would love to have the ability to increase the font size of trail names on the map. Perhaps have it correspond to phone/device font size settings? Can’t always bring my readers with me Smile I’m on iPhone SE (2020), iOS 13.5.1

Posted: Aug 17, 2020 at 11:50 Quote
Just found an issue with the route planner. Was starting to add\create a route by adding trails. This was on the Flagstaff, AZ Elden area where I was wanting to create a route, part of which was riding up Sunset to meeting the new Heart trail. On the selecting trails map where Heart should be, Heart is not there, although a trail is shown but when you click the map it thinks it is "Schnebly Hill Road" which is a forest road about 30 miles away!

Posted: Aug 20, 2020 at 8:55 Quote
I think it'd be really fun and cool if you could display your favourite trail on your profile. Maybe you could also see other people with the same favourite trail as you, and when viewing a trail page you could see how many people have it as their favourite trail.

Posted: Aug 20, 2020 at 14:42 Quote
RE: Rile Logs Feed, can a 'Nearby' tab and a 'State' tab be added?

Posted: Aug 20, 2020 at 21:08 Quote
Sun2306 wrote:
I think it'd be really fun and cool if you could display your favourite trail on your profile. Maybe you could also see other people with the same favourite trail as you, and when viewing a trail page you could see how many people have it as their favourite trail.

They did TrailTinder a while ago ...

Posted: Aug 21, 2020 at 12:48 Quote
Hi,

is it possible to give a group of people or certain members access to hidden trails that I created?

Posted: Aug 22, 2020 at 22:34 Quote
hardtailssuck wrote:
Hi,

is it possible to give a group of people or certain members access to hidden trails that I created?

Unpublished with a password. Not certain if it’ll show up in the app though.

Posted: Aug 24, 2020 at 17:02 Quote
Hey, I'm just getting into night ridding - would love to see a tag for nightride-able or park hours added. Would make it so much easier to tell if they allow that, I know some preserves are open and others closed - sometimes depending on the time of year. Would still be a really cool feature to add, maybe under reports then?

Posted: Aug 25, 2020 at 8:49 Quote
Would it be possible to require a description when uploading trails and areas? I am surprised how many trails and regions are on Trailforks but have zero information about them.

Posted: Aug 27, 2020 at 9:39 Quote
Dark Mode that takes into account oled screens. By turning off most of the pixels using dark mode, battery life on smart phones could significantly be improved. This is huge on long rides.

Posted: Aug 27, 2020 at 9:41 Quote
The ability to follow other riders in real time on the app, like how the Glympse app works.

Mod Plus
Posted: Aug 28, 2020 at 22:42 Quote
I added several of the recent suggestions to our ideas list!

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005687
Mobile Version of Website