Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions
Author Message
Posted: Aug 31, 2020 at 11:03 Quote
Just tried adding a trail in my local area for the first time but I couldn't as I can't crop my ride down enough using the current sliders on my tablet. The trail is short so the sliders become unusable on the touchscreen as they are so close together.

Can you add individual buttons each side of the crop slider as Strava's ride cropping tool has?

Posted: Sep 1, 2020 at 8:33 Quote
Possibly not the best place to ask, but is there a way of subscribing to Pro which means TF gets the full subscription rather than having to pay via Google Play (who take their large percentage)?

Posted: Sep 1, 2020 at 11:08 Quote
It seems a few Trailforks users, myself included, also use Locus Maps as an offline mapping/logging application for use on our rides. It would seem they have interest in being able to make use of the Trailforks API for use of track data and integrating with logged data sharing. It seems like this sort of arrangement (presumably with some limitation) exists for other apps (thinking Strava and Garmin), but they've indicated they haven't been able to get the attention of Trailforks developers to work something out. I'm posting here to highlight their inquiry and voice support for these 2 excellent apps interacting at a technical level so I can enjoy the best features of both. If someone on the team could look into their request (referenced here: https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/trailforks-overlay#comment-87584) I would be most appreciative.

Posted: Sep 1, 2020 at 14:22 Quote
I do want to point out something silly. I was told one of the trails I went to add was unsanctioned. It is called devil's playground on Pikes, Peak CO. It's a sanctioned trail I work on pikes peak as a mtb tour guide. I think I would know. Sometimes your crowdsource info fails.

Posted: Sep 1, 2020 at 14:27 Quote
SixZeroSixOne wrote:
Possibly not the best place to ask, but is there a way of subscribing to Pro which means TF gets the full subscription rather than having to pay via Google Play (who take their large percentage)?

https://www.trailforks.com/pro

Posted: Sep 1, 2020 at 16:23 Quote
alexvos wrote:
SixZeroSixOne wrote:
Possibly not the best place to ask, but is there a way of subscribing to Pro which means TF gets the full subscription rather than having to pay via Google Play (who take their large percentage)?

https://www.trailforks.com/pro

Thanks! Subscribed!

Posted: Sep 1, 2020 at 21:16 Quote
camelkicker wrote:
I do want to point out something silly. I was told one of the trails I went to add was unsanctioned. It is called devil's playground on Pikes, Peak CO. It's a sanctioned trail I work on pikes peak as a mtb tour guide. I think I would know. Sometimes your crowdsource info fails.

Then go an edit the trail. Crowdsourced, everyone can do it.

Posted: Sep 2, 2020 at 12:02 Quote
1partatatime wrote:
camelkicker wrote:
I do want to point out something silly. I was told one of the trails I went to add was unsanctioned. It is called devil's playground on Pikes, Peak CO. It's a sanctioned trail I work on pikes peak as a mtb tour guide. I think I would know. Sometimes your crowdsource info fails.

Then go an edit the trail. Crowdsourced, everyone can do it.

Well it still waiting I guess to get confirmed now https://www.trailforks.com/confirm/view/trail/262967/

Posted: Sep 3, 2020 at 6:45 Quote
camelkicker wrote:
1partatatime wrote:
camelkicker wrote:
I do want to point out something silly. I was told one of the trails I went to add was unsanctioned. It is called devil's playground on Pikes, Peak CO. It's a sanctioned trail I work on pikes peak as a mtb tour guide. I think I would know. Sometimes your crowdsource info fails.

Then go an edit the trail. Crowdsourced, everyone can do it.

Well it still waiting I guess to get confirmed now https://www.trailforks.com/confirm/view/trail/262967/

I pushed it through for you.
The trails listed on a bunch official Colorado area websites so I very much doubt its unsanctioned.

Posted: Sep 3, 2020 at 15:05 Quote
survivor wrote:
Just tried adding a trail in my local area for the first time but I couldn't as I can't crop my ride down enough using the current sliders on my tablet. The trail is short so the sliders become unusable on the touchscreen as they are so close together.

Can you add individual buttons each side of the crop slider as Strava's ride cropping tool has?

If you do an initial crop then 'save' it another crop button appears. Enlarge what you have then crop again. You can crop really accurately like this. Finish with a track edit.
Hope this helps
Claire

Posted: Sep 5, 2020 at 13:50 Quote
Cyclingclaire wrote:
survivor wrote:
Just tried adding a trail in my local area for the first time but I couldn't as I can't crop my ride down enough using the current sliders on my tablet. The trail is short so the sliders become unusable on the touchscreen as they are so close together.

Can you add individual buttons each side of the crop slider as Strava's ride cropping tool has?

If you do an initial crop then 'save' it another crop button appears. Enlarge what you have then crop again. You can crop really accurately like this. Finish with a track edit.
Hope this helps
Claire

Cool. Thanks for that.

Posted: Sep 5, 2020 at 14:23 Quote
When searching for trails the drop down suggestions list is kind of a free-for-all. Usually when typing in a search the results would narrow down for every character you would enter, but even if I type the entire trail name it seems to work the opposite way. And a few trails don't seem to come up at all.

Posted: Sep 5, 2020 at 19:27 Quote
probably not needed very often, but it would be nice to have a detail that the trail crosses itself. or is it atleast possible that admins unflag trail data quality errors? I added a 4cross track some time ago with the information that it has a bridge and crosses itself, but besides being approved it is still flagged for cleanup.
I see that there is probably no need for such a feature to work on it with 99.9% of trails not crossing themself, that red banner is just kinda annoying lol

Posted: Sep 9, 2020 at 17:40 Quote
Instead of manually creating polygons, is it possible to upload polygons from a .KML file?

Posted: Sep 10, 2020 at 6:21 Quote
rikicarra wrote:
Instead of manually creating polygons, is it possible to upload polygons from a .KML file?

Yes. There is a WKT box to enter the text version of the file.
You will need to convert the KML to WKT (there is a Tool on the TF page).
It may take some work to make it work, if there are layers or colours, it sometimes adds extra text you'll need to filter from the header. And make sure it only says POLYGON and not MULTIPOLYGON. Just need to delete the extra few characters from header/footer of the text.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006446
Mobile Version of Website