Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions
| Next Page
Posted: Sep 11, 2020 at 12:43 Quote
Would like to see a brief statement when uploading a trail photo that lists what should and shouldn't be uploaded. Something that encourages photos that are useful to other users trying to decide which trail to ride, including photos of the trail itself, photos of trail signs and (some) photos of the scenery. So many people upload spam photos of people (who usually look like they're on a bike for the first time) or their bike leaned against a tree that give absolutely zero useful information to other users and make useful photos harder to find.

Posted: Sep 11, 2020 at 13:49 Quote
alece wrote:
Would like to see a brief statement when uploading a trail photo that lists what should and shouldn't be uploaded. Something that encourages photos that are useful to other users trying to decide which trail to ride, including photos of the trail itself, photos of trail signs and (some) photos of the scenery. So many people upload spam photos of people (who usually look like they're on a bike for the first time) or their bike leaned against a tree that give absolutely zero useful information to other users and make useful photos harder to find.

pictures uploaded on pinkbike that are tagged with the trail as location also show up and I'm not sure if I like that feature. it's probably also the reason why some stuff looks like irrelevant spam. like 10y ago I uploaded quite a few pics and tagged the local 4x track, after adding the track to trailforks recently they suddenly all showed up there and I didn't enjoy that too much. iirc you can unlink them, but imo you should get active to link them instead of auto link and getting active to unlink them

Mod Plus
Posted: Sep 14, 2020 at 13:31 Quote
derechtefux wrote:
probably not needed very often, but it would be nice to have a detail that the trail crosses itself. or is it atleast possible that admins unflag trail data quality errors? I added a 4cross track some time ago with the information that it has a bridge and crosses itself, but besides being approved it is still flagged for cleanup.
I see that there is probably no need for such a feature to work on it with 99.9% of trails not crossing themself, that red banner is just kinda annoying lol

A region admin can "ignore" trail data crossing cleanup flags. There is an ignore link when viewing the list of trails in a region with data cleanup errors.

Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 12:14 Quote
Several people have requested an API key. But you have not received an answer. Is there a mistake?

Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 12:21 Quote
We have a more detailed need for Trail Hidden and Puplic.
The trail should be popular for hiking activities.
For MTB activity, the trail should be hidden.

Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 12:24 Quote
When downloading a region as KML, the URL of the trail and the difficulty is included.
When I download a single trail as KML, this information is missing.

Posted: Sep 17, 2020 at 0:34 Quote
Add
http://www.opensnowmap.org/

Posted: Sep 20, 2020 at 1:40 Quote
OK, now I am able to create a polygon. Had to work a bit on the kml, change from multipolygon to polygon, delete the z-dimension, but now everything is fine.
My goal is to create some polygons and make them visible only to me. I have tried to check the "hidden" box in one polygon, but then the polygon disappears and I can't see it anymore in the map. What is the meaning of the "hidden" checkbox? Is there any workaround to achieve my goal?

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
Would it be possible to add voting on trails and voting on trail difficulty to the automated emails that are sent for trail status updates? Seems like that would really increase use age of those features.

Posted: 13 hours ago Quote
add more icons, barrier, Swing gate, this one is common at cycle & walkways and short connectors between roads & streets
some examples:
https://www.trailforks.com/poi/54930/

Double Swing gate
https://www.trailforks.com/poi/14442/

some trails have jersey barriers, bollards blocking car access,

some have a chain:
https://www.trailforks.com/poi/22920/
But this example has a path going around the tree, and another past the trees.

it would be nice if the icon also made it clear if it was possible for aMTB to cross.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006720
Mobile Version of Website