Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions
Posted: Oct 2, 2020 at 11:23 Quote
camelkicker wrote:
[Quote]
camelkicker wrote:
I am not sure if I missed something but does our ride logs disappear off of the trail forks map after awhile?

We had our Postgres database server run out of space and had to purge old ridelog data from it. Several features on the website like the personal ridelog map on profile pages used this to show your rides on the map when zoomed in. I am looking into ways to fix this feature.

Well that is a bummer it was my favorite feature[/Quote]

Agreed! Please fix!

Mod O+
Posted: Oct 2, 2020 at 19:14 Quote
mtbboy1993 wrote:
there is a Ridden feature,
but this feature only is for riding.
but it would make sense to have one for each activity. but if having one for all activities, it should be changed to a suitable word.
But I don't see this as a high priority.

I have been tracking this for a year, but won't show the button any different when you change activity types. I will do that now.

marambo wrote:
Hi J'm an admin for the VCO area (Italy) and we'd like to add videos for some of the best trails/routes of the area. We are wondering what kind of video is more popular and useful for riders and kindly asking for suggestions such as...duration, drone or go pro, explanation of the type of trail and the surroundings, ecc. Do you have a model video to propose?
Thank you
Ciao
Marambo

I think videos with some narration and explanation with static shots of the rider going by are the best. better than just plain POV videos. But obviously a lot more work to create!

O+
Posted: Oct 6, 2020 at 23:21 Quote
Currently it is possible to link videos from Youtube, Vimeo or Pinkbike only.

I would like to link my videos on Kinomap. For example here is Forest City, CA

https://videos.kinomap.com/en/watch/daxpzh

O+
Posted: Oct 7, 2020 at 12:58 Quote
Hi There, Im looking for some clarity on elevation data in your trail descriptions. More specifically the trail called "Schacher" in Golden BC. The trail is a massive climb listed as 1625m of elevation gain, everyone that comes back including myself says that TF is wrong and my computer says 1058m of climb. So is this 1625m include Total climb which is every little up and down over the trails 15.3km length, or is it just total difference between the start point and end point? Basically is it Total climb or total elevation difference? I have had several relationship ending arguments over this! I know that there is a lot of rolling terrain on the climb that could add up. Any help would be awesome !
Thanks
Mike

O+
Posted: Oct 7, 2020 at 14:03 Quote
When I create & submit a new Route as a public route, it needs to be confirmed much like a new trail.

I have waited at least 30 minutes & it does NOT appear under the /confirm section of the website no matter how much I filter it.

If we select "route" in the "content Type" filter, the result "no new content needing confirmation"

If I provide the direct URL to the new route, to someone/anyone else, they can access & confirm or reject.

https://www.trailforks.com/confirm/view/route/274446/

Why is that? Is this a delay in the system? I have submitted my routes as Public Routes in the past & had people Confirm/Reject the same day.

O+
Posted: Oct 7, 2020 at 15:24 Quote
andrelaurentmtb wrote:
When I create & submit a new Route as a public route, it needs to be confirmed much like a new trail.

I have waited at least 30 minutes & it does NOT appear under the /confirm section of the website no matter how much I filter it.

If we select "route" in the "content Type" filter, the result "no new content needing confirmation"

If I provide the direct URL to the new route, to someone/anyone else, they can access & confirm or reject.

Why is that? Is this a delay in the system? I have submitted my routes as Public Routes in the past & had people Confirm/Reject the same day.

Looks like it is there now..

Posted: Oct 7, 2020 at 15:42 Quote
Canadmos wrote:
andrelaurentmtb wrote:

Looks like it is there now..

Still not displaying for me:
photo

As you can see it says in the top right corner "Confirm (1)"

I also made a route which is not showing up in confirm queue:
https://www.trailforks.com/confirm/view/route/274495/

Not the first time i've seen this bug.

Mod O+
Posted: Oct 8, 2020 at 17:15 Quote
mnorton wrote:
Hi There, Im looking for some clarity on elevation data in your trail descriptions. More specifically the trail called "Schacher" in Golden BC. The trail is a massive climb listed as 1625m of elevation gain, everyone that comes back including myself says that TF is wrong and my computer says 1058m of climb. So is this 1625m include Total climb which is every little up and down over the trails 15.3km length, or is it just total difference between the start point and end point? Basically is it Total climb or total elevation difference? I have had several relationship ending arguments over this! I know that there is a lot of rolling terrain on the climb that could add up. Any help would be awesome !
Thanks
Mike

"Climb" stat is always cumulative, so counts the ups and downs, this is pretty much universal in all apps.

https://www.trailforks.com/help/view/90/

O+
Posted: Oct 15, 2020 at 9:46 Quote
When I select the Nearby/Nearby Overview, I get the wrong city showing up. I haven't been able to find out how to change this. I have my profile address and city correct and I'd like nearby trail information to use this address. Please help.

Mod O+
Posted: Oct 15, 2020 at 11:18 Quote
You can set a home location for the map, I need to make this more visible in other spots. You can do this on the fullscreen map page.

https://www.trailforks.com/map/

photo

Posted: Oct 16, 2020 at 5:46 Quote
Hi,
I want to buy Trailforks Pro for a friend as a gift. Is there a way to buy a voucher or code? Need to get this within like 2 hours :-)
//
cheers

Mod O+
Posted: Oct 16, 2020 at 11:10 Quote
NiklasMoller wrote:
Hi,
I want to buy Trailforks Pro for a friend as a gift. Is there a way to buy a voucher or code? Need to get this within like 2 hours :-)
//
cheers

We do not support this yet, something we will look at doing in the future for sure!

Posted: Oct 16, 2020 at 21:54 Quote
canadaka wrote:
If you have any suggestions on things to improve or features to add let us know! Or if you have any concerns or criticisms please let us know.

Hello, if a trail was added with private/hidden settings, it does not show up in the region feed afterwards when it is edited again and made public.

O+
Posted: Oct 19, 2020 at 8:13 Quote
I have two suggestions...

1. Make the "Edit Note" field mandatory for local admins as well.

2. On the trail report add page, maybe have some sort of tip/suggestion that the trail being simply wet from rain or leaf covered, doesn't really warrant the status being changed to yellow/amber.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014258
Mobile Version of Website