Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions
| Next Page
Author Message
Mod Plus
Posted: Nov 2, 2020 at 12:05 Quote
ben-hryciw wrote:
User's Leaderboard Rankings page only lists top 3 results for "normal" direction - can it also show top 3 results in reverse?

Example on my profile:
My Leaderboard Rankings on https://www.trailforks.com/profile/ben-hryciw/leaderboard/ only lists 5 trails where I have top 3 in forward direction
If I find a specific trail (Surf's Up in Whistler) and show the reverse leaderboard, https://www.trailforks.com/trails/surf-s-up-97231/leaderboard/?reverse=1 , I have the fastest reverse time

Good suggestion, this page will now also show reverse results.

Posted: Nov 5, 2020 at 17:09 Quote
canadaka wrote:
Good suggestion, this page will now also show reverse results.
Amazing! Thanks so much.

Posted: Nov 10, 2020 at 2:43 Quote
Hello canadaka,

will the trail challenge become active for other parts of the world?
https://www.trailforks.com/trailchallenge/#filter

I wanted to set it up for my area in Neckargem√ľnd, Germany.

Also, is a new user interface planned soon?

What about the like feature for the trail builders and reporters?

Mod Plus
Posted: Nov 10, 2020 at 21:14 Quote
You can kinda run your own trail challenge using that page, you can type in any region.

But we also have a world-wide challenge coming this winter Wink

Posted: Nov 11, 2020 at 8:07 Quote
I tried my region but it gave me no results.

Posted: Nov 15, 2020 at 2:11 Quote
Greetings.

Is it possible to localize trail name to different languages without losing a link? It looks like it's not possible, as a result, there is a ton of transliterated names, usually misspelled, instead of local names in local language + optional international name.

If I rename a trail, it will break previous link, e.g.: https://www.trailforks.com/trails/eclyzy-acces-way/ (notice misspelled "acces" and it's impossible to fix it without losing all links to this trail posted anywhere).

My suggestion is to split "name" field to 3 separated fields:

- technical name for URL, latin characters only;
- local name in local language;
- international name in English.

It will give ability to
- fix any misspellings without breaking URLs;
- name trails in local language while keeping fancy URL;
- name trails in English for visitors from another countries while keeping local names for local-language-speaking people.

Thank you.

Mod Plus
Posted: Nov 17, 2020 at 22:38 Quote
romanshuvalov wrote:
Greetings.

Is it possible to localize trail name to different languages without losing a link? It looks like it's not possible, as a result, there is a ton of transliterated names, usually misspelled, instead of local names in local language + optional international name.

If I rename a trail, it will break previous link, e.g.: https://www.trailforks.com/trails/eclyzy-acces-way/ (notice misspelled "acces" and it's impossible to fix it without losing all links to this trail posted anywhere).

My suggestion is to split "name" field to 3 separated fields:

- technical name for URL, latin characters only;
- local name in local language;
- international name in English.

It will give ability to
- fix any misspellings without breaking URLs;
- name trails in local language while keeping fancy URL;
- name trails in English for visitors from another countries while keeping local names for local-language-speaking people.

Thank you.

A trails old URLs will still work and redirect to the new URL.

You can contruct a trail URL using the ID number as well.

/goto/trail/6

Posted: Nov 23, 2020 at 7:49 Quote
I added a trail (hiking only). I can choose this as an activity. I specified T1 as the difficulty for hiking. But I also have to state a difficulty for MTB. Although the trail is for hiking only.

Posted: 1 days ago Quote
trailrakete wrote:
I added a trail (hiking only). I can choose this as an activity. I specified T1 as the difficulty for hiking. But I also have to state a difficulty for MTB. Although the trail is for hiking only.

Just had a look at this at the risk of having a Hiking trail in my back garden!

If you click on the 'add different difficulty per activity type' button at the bottom of the REQUIRED DIFFICULTY section, as long as you have deselected Mountain Bike and only have Hiking higher up the form, then that difficulty section reverts to Hiking info and all the MTB info clears.

Try it, BUT not in my garden! (Haven't told you where I live so I am secure in the knowledge that a horde of hikers will not be traipsing past my window.....

Hope this helps

Claire

| Next Page

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005769
Mobile Version of Website