Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions
| Next Page
Mod Plus
Posted: Dec 18, 2020 at 7:04 Quote
Stevewrong wrote:
I am a pro user trying to plan a route outside of my local area without any luck. It seems I cannot see trails in the route planning function. I am attempting to plan a route with a Mac using Safari.

Route planning is the main reason I became an early Pro subscriber.

Steve

I have recently found an overlay in Trailforks called routing areas. The yellow rectangles are those areas. The area where I want to route is in the black oval which happens to be outside of the routing area.

WHAT IS A ROUTING AREA?

So the route planner is currently at a point where it needs to be blown up and recreated from the bottom up. Trailforks has grown so large that the current version can not support the amount of data. This will be a very large and time-consuming project for Trevor, which he is planning to tackle in the new year.

In the mean-time, he created the draw option that does not work off the current routing platform, meaning every trail and activity type is visible on the map and can be routed, even unmapped roads can be routed. It takes a few times to get the hang of it, but with a little practice, I have learned to draw routes pretty quickly.

Give it a shot and see what you think. In the end, it is the only option at this point. As mentioned a new and improved route creation tool will be coming in the new year!

Cheers

Posted: Jan 4, 2021 at 12:52 Quote
[/Quote]

So the route planner is currently at a point where it needs to be blown up and recreated from the bottom up. Trailforks has grown so large that the current version can not support the amount of data. This will be a very large and time-consuming project for Trevor, which he is planning to tackle in the new year.

In the mean-time, he created the draw option that does not work off the current routing platform, meaning every trail and activity type is visible on the map and can be routed, even unmapped roads can be routed. It takes a few times to get the hang of it, but with a little practice, I have learned to draw routes pretty quickly.

Give it a shot and see what you think. In the end, it is the only option at this point. As mentioned a new and improved route creation tool will be coming in the new year!

Cheers[/Quote]

Hi, I suggest someone post a banner on the Ride Planner page saying this. I spent the better part of an hour trying to figure out why I could no longer plan a route. I eventually started searching the boards until I came across this. It would have been VERY nice to know right away that the feature is down and being upgraded.

Posted: Jan 6, 2021 at 9:44 Quote
I saw there was an elevator. In some regions there is also a shuttle service. Can you add that to Lift? It would also be good to provide a telephone number for the lift and shuttle service. Another point would be opening times.
Chairlifts & gondolas & shuttle service

Posted: Feb 6, 2021 at 10:12 Quote
So one of the features I love about trail forks is all the yellow lines showing everywhere you have ridden. I even paid for pro so I could reimport all the old ride logs that have been deleted. So I had to resync my strava and import 200 at a time. no biggie. Now though the map is showing only two rides. Does this take time to generate? I see everything in the ride logs though.

Posted: Feb 21, 2021 at 8:30 Quote
Is there any possibility to have the primary trail activity change or allowed activities change automatically, based on which season is active?

For example in the winter, some trail are primarily (or ONLY) used for nordic skiing. But in the summer those same trails are multi-use.

Posted: Feb 22, 2021 at 1:26 Quote
Is it possible to add Gravel Bike to Activity Type? Or bike type? I ride a lot of (easier) MTB trails on my gravel bike. I feel like logging my rides as MTB and bike as MTB is misleading. (At least in Europe) my options for activity or bike type are only MTB or E bike... I would like to contribute to trail reports but I think knowing a trail was ridden on a bike without any suspension vs a MTB could be good info for everyone.. Just a thought, or do you have a recommendation for how I should log my rides on MTB trails on a gravel bike?

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005183
Mobile Version of Website