Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions
| Next Page
Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 8:16 Quote
Would like to be able to add private trails and use them for private ride plans. Many of my rides have trails that are hidden on the map for various reasons, without being able to add my own trails I can't plan rides properly.

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 8:21 Quote
Hi.
I'm not a TF Admin, but you can achieve what you're asking for by making a Route. You can use the TF tools or draw your own track in another site and import your GPX into TF as a Route and follow it as desired. You can keep your Route private and you can make it for riding anyplace you want.

I've made a bunch of private Routes just for this purpose.

Hope that helps.

Posted: Sep 19, 2021 at 11:01 Quote
A great feature would be for users to share their location with specific other users. This way your friends would show up on Trailforks maps.

Posted: Oct 8, 2021 at 9:42 Quote
I have a suggestion for an added feature.
Not sure if anything like this ever came up in the forum but I do a lot of riding with my dog. I was thinking about how to identify which rides I do with her and which I don't.
What about a feature where you can add a pet same way you add your bikes. You could then click on the pets profile same as your bike and see all the stats. Maybe even show a little icon on your ride logs next to your ride.
There is a decent amount of ppl riding with their dogs.

Posted: Oct 8, 2021 at 10:31 Quote
luke59 wrote:
Not sure if anything like this ever came up in the forum but I do a lot of riding with my dog. I was thinking about how to identify which rides I do with her and which I don't.
What about a feature where you can add a pet same way you add your bikes. You could then click on the pets profile same as your bike and see all the stats. Maybe even show a little icon on your ride logs next to your ride.

It'd be cool if you could import your dog's fitness too from something like Fitbark or one of the other brands.
https://www.fitbark.com/

Posted: Oct 8, 2021 at 10:47 Quote
BenLow2019 wrote:
luke59 wrote:

It'd be cool if you could import your dog's fitness too from something like Fitbark or one of the other brands.
https://www.fitbark.com/

Yeah I though about that too. Would be nice to maybe have a layer that you can turn on/off on the map that can overlay your track with the dogs.

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 8:54 Quote
I'd like to suggest a way to 'flag' or challenge a leaderboard post especially when it's obviously wrong. It's not cool to get #1 on a leaderboard if you don't earn it.
Nothing against David, but it's not humanly possible to ride this trail at 81 MPH. Digging into the ride that posted this speed, he did an entire 60 miles in less than 1 hour. Something is definitely wrong here.

Mod Outside+
Posted: Oct 25, 2021 at 18:29 Quote
You can view the ridelog and there is a "flag" link in the bottom right.

Posted: Oct 26, 2021 at 13:57 Quote
canadaka wrote:
You can view the ridelog and there is a "flag" link in the bottom right.

Thanks

Posted: Nov 9, 2021 at 13:27 Quote
I've seen this a few times. TF will alert that there are no photos for a particular trail and encourages adding some, but there are actually photos to view. Here's one example:

This issue seems to arise when the photo is used in conjunction with a trail report; TF doesn't consider a trail report photo as a 'trail photo'. I don't see why that would be relevant since it actually is a photo associated with the trail.
Just something to consider.

Posted: Nov 9, 2021 at 19:30 Quote
Trail direction:

What are the criteria for determining "Both Directions" vs. "Primarily ..."? I just looked at a trail with a 92:8 ratio that's described as "Both Directions". I suggest 2:1 (i.e. 67%) as the ratio that triggers "Primarily ...".

Mod Outside+
Posted: Nov 11, 2021 at 9:40 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
Trail direction:

What are the criteria for determining "Both Directions" vs. "Primarily ..."? I just looked at a trail with a 92:8 ratio that's described as "Both Directions". I suggest 2:1 (i.e. 67%) as the ratio that triggers "Primarily ...".

The direction is manually selected when editing a trail. The % data is real world rider data. but might not actually match the "allowed" status of a trail.

Posted: Nov 11, 2021 at 23:30 Quote
Thank you for the explanation. What are your thoughts on automating the designation? Maybe you could have a slider that simply places a marker along a continuum of uphill to downhill.

Posted: Nov 28, 2021 at 21:47 Quote
FEATURE REQUEST [site and app] - can the hidden portion of the ridelog, inside the privacy zone, be a different colour like Strava does?

https://www.trailforks.com/help/view/26/

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006522
Mobile Version of Website