Looking for the right Enduro bike.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Looking for the right Enduro bike.
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 24, 2014 at 22:02 Quote
The snow is finally starting to melt here in Steamboat Springs, CO and it's got me thinking about ripping trails all day. I am a big downhill mountain biker that grew up riding in Colorado Springs. But I think it's time to move onto Enduro. It really caught my eye when I saw how mental and physical endurance are such key factors in Enduro and I love how you don't need a f*cking lift to go up a mountain and shred some fast technical runs!

So it's time for me to sell my DH bike and get an enduro bike. But I need experienced enduro racers to help me decide on which bike is right for me, that why I decided to turn to pinkbike users.

I'm 6'3" 155lb. I need a bike that is fast and agile, quick up steep inclines, durable yet light frame, and has the most amount of travel.

Posted: Apr 24, 2014 at 23:00 Quote
For a bike that can climb and shred downhills I will always suggest the Specialized Enduro... (Or Stumpy EVO if the trails are less gnarly). They have a wide range to choose from, starting around $3500 - never stopping :-)

Posted: Apr 25, 2014 at 21:16 Quote
seppe80 wrote:
For a bike that can climb and shred downhills I will always suggest the Specialized Enduro... (Or Stumpy EVO if the trails are less gnarly). They have a wide range to choose from, starting around $3500 - never stopping :-)
thanks man

Posted: Apr 27, 2014 at 0:12 Quote
x2 on the Enduro. Such a fun bike

Posted: Apr 27, 2014 at 13:48 Quote
Enduro 29. Even the comp version is a beast. Bronson or a Nomad from Santa Cruz. Lapierre Spicy or a Trek Slash. So many great bikes to chose from.

Posted: Apr 27, 2014 at 14:05 Quote
I had a 2013 Stumpy Evo and now I have a 2014 Bronson. The Bronson does everything better. I would get a Bronson with a cane creek db air cs rear shock and a pike rct3 160mm fork. Feels like a mini DH bike (I would literally ride this bike anywhere), yet pedals way better than the Stumpy Evo. Santa Cruz are really good people too. Let us know what you decide on. I'm 6ft. on a large, so I would go for an XL at your height.

Posted: Apr 27, 2014 at 14:58 Quote
you'd would be wise to edit in your budget so youll have more specific suggestions.
for sure your going to want an xl. reach/toptube/headtube lengths are important(especially for xl guys) and varies company to comp.
the new kona is half the price of most and twice the fun!

Posted: Apr 27, 2014 at 18:13 Quote
jrocksdh wrote:
you'd would be wise to edit in your budget so youll have more specific suggestions.
for sure your going to want an xl. reach/toptube/headtube lengths are important(especially for xl guys) and varies company to comp.
My budgets around $4,000-$6,000

Posted: Apr 27, 2014 at 18:39 Quote
What's a good weight for xc style bikes and lots of up hill switch backs ?

Posted: Apr 30, 2014 at 10:59 Quote
bwgtrue wrote:
What's a good weight for xc style bikes and lots of up hill switch backs ?
25-28 (difference usually dropper/1x)

O+
Posted: May 21, 2014 at 14:45 Quote
jrocksdh wrote:

I'm 6'3" and I had an XL Specialized Enduro but found it too big. It's got a really long reach and top tube length compared to most other XL bikes. I recently replaced it with an XL Rocky Mountain Altitude and I measured the Altitude to be about two inches shorter TTL than the Enduro. Part of that is due to the shorter stem, but generally I'm finding the RMA nimbler and more comfortable to ride than the Enduro because it's a bit smaller. If you were to go for an Enduro, I would go with a large, unless you have a really long torso.

Posted: May 23, 2014 at 0:08 Quote
Im 5'10 ride a medium specialized s works Enduro 26" set it up ti climb without a dropper is 25.5 lbs 6.5" travel the 2013 model used is in your price range large size would be perfect climbs fast goes down even faster

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012770
Mobile Version of Website