The Norwegian Biking thread

PB Forum :: Europe
The Norwegian Biking thread
  • Previous Page
Posted: Apr 28, 2014 at 5:45 Quote
I dont know if this will kick off but could come in useful, most countries have one so lets see if this comes in useful for some people at least.
Just a place to chat and talk about mountain biking in Norway.

Dh riding spots:
-Hafjell bike park
-Frognersetern, Oslo
-Nesbyen
-Drammen Bike Park

Am riding spots:
-Above Drammen Bike Park
- Above Hafjell Bike Park
-Romsdalen
Dj riding spots
-Kongsvinger
-Esso Trails (bærum)
-Moss

Posted: Apr 28, 2014 at 5:49 Quote
So heres a couple of gopro videos from Tryvann last year, gutted the uplift shut down.
Views: 294    Faves: 1    Comments: 2

Views: 550    Faves: 0    Comments: 3

Posted: Apr 28, 2014 at 6:23 Quote
Sweet, nice to see a Norwegian presence on PB.

If anyone wants to go biking around Oslo, let me know. Keen for pretty much anything, trails or bikepark stuff.

FL
Posted: Apr 29, 2014 at 18:38 Quote
Hi guys,

I'm pretty happy to see a Norwegian thread, and moreover a reply on Oslo biking.

I will be studying at Oslo University from August 12 to mid-december 2014. I was thinking about bringing my 160mm enduro bike during that period. I don't know yet where I'll be housing but it's gonna be not so far of the campus I guess.

I have no information about the trails around there, the possibly riding crew in the city and the bike shop. Furthermore, at what time of the year it becomes to snowy/to cold to ride?

Any answers from local riders are welcome, I'm looking to experience biking in this country!

O+
Posted: Apr 30, 2014 at 17:41 Quote
Posting up to try to plan some riding this summer. I am spending a month in Sweden in Oland, but I will also be in Oslo for a week. Probably early July. I won't have a bike, but would like to try and do a day or possibly two of riding. Hopefully can make meet up with some locals and get a ride or two in.

Posted: May 15, 2014 at 5:49 Quote
There is soo much epic ridespots around Oslo and within 3hours drive/trainride. U get everything from DH in Drammen, Oslo and Hafjell to epic trails. And area around Drammen sports some of the best trails in the country. U can take the lift up and ride lots of different trails down, varying from pure DH to flowing trails. U also have Norefjell and Geilo wich will give you hours and days with riding you bike in the mountains.

Downside gots to be the amount of money you have to spend to survive here Big Grin

Posted: Jun 1, 2014 at 11:23 Quote
Yey! Big Grin

I just started DH biking this season, and live in Holmenkollen, Oslo, next to the Frognerseteren trail. I think its a good option to ride in oslo, cause theres no need of bike park- or lift passes, you only need a subway ticket to get on top. I don't believe that everyone buys subway tickets at all though... Wink

The snow won't be here until the end of november I think, but it will start to get kind of cold in october

If you are visiting norway for a short limited time, I'd prefer to experience Hafjell Smile

Posted: Jun 2, 2014 at 5:49 Quote
Anyone going to hafjell bike park 14-15 June? Batman

Posted: Jun 2, 2014 at 15:30 Quote
Thats opening weekend right? I'll be riding in Drammen on the 14th since Ive got a driving course in the morning, enjoy it!

Posted: Jun 2, 2014 at 23:47 Quote
Yes, opening weekend.
Lots of people, riding, beer and bbq Smile

Posted: Jun 5, 2014 at 23:11 Quote
The lifts in Drammen will be open Saturday, Sunday and Monday this weekend from 11.00 to 16.00

O+
Posted: Jun 6, 2014 at 0:01 Quote
So I am planning on being in Oslo for about a week some time between July 1st and July 15th.. Anyone want to try to plan a ride? I am thinking I want to try and ride Hajfell for a day ( Assuming you guys all recommend it) and maybe another day of shuttle or even a pedal ride. But I have to rent bikes for any riding I do unless someone wants to let me ride their bike in exchange for some grub and beer..

Posted: Jun 6, 2014 at 2:46 Quote
Hafjell's insane dude! Im free through all of that time, I can lend you a fully rigid 1980's specialized stumpjumper if you want? lol If I decided to take my specialized sx as well as my dh bike you could use that if you wanted, only 100mm rear and 130mm front but built to take a beating, Im planning on meeting up with a few different people so it would be cool to get a little pinkbike group ride going!

O+
Posted: Jun 6, 2014 at 9:00 Quote
dusse123 wrote:
Hafjell's insane dude! Im free through all of that time, I can lend you a fully rigid 1980's specialized stumpjumper if you want? lol If I decided to take my specialized sx as well as my dh bike you could use that if you wanted, only 100mm rear and 130mm front but built to take a beating, Im planning on meeting up with a few different people so it would be cool to get a little pinkbike group ride going!

I slay a SX that has a 36 on the front of it here! Super rad bikes.. I will rent a DH bike for Hajfell as I dont want to worry about thrashing on someone else's bike at a bike park.. But if we do something other than Hajfell, then I would gladly take you up on the SX, another day bike rental that I dont have to pay for is more food, and travel that I can afford.. haha

Posted: Jun 6, 2014 at 9:08 Quote
My SX is one of the new ones but yeah, I'll see cause its a lot of extra effort to take 2 bikes on the plane by myself cause my brothers sure as hell not gonna help lol Then again as fun as it is using that 1980's fully rigid as my trail bike it gets old (and painful) pretty quickly so Id like to take two, or might just take the SX, just not sure yet!

I spoke to one of buddy's over there and we're just going to decide on the dates closer to the time

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.024413
Mobile Version of Website