The Norwegian Biking thread

PB Forum :: Europe
The Norwegian Biking thread
O+
Posted: Jul 10, 2014 at 2:08 Quote
Bummer deal about all the rain, but oh well... Just landed in Oslo last night. Hanging out in town today. Any shops I should stop by? I am still stoked for Hafjell this weekend!

Posted: Jul 10, 2014 at 2:19 Quote
Apparently they're opening a day early today because of all the volunteers that turned up, pretty awesome to see, looking forward to this!

Posted: Jul 12, 2014 at 22:57 Quote
Hi guys,
Im coming together to hafjell and in august for the world masters dh champs. Has anyone any information on tyre choice and which track is being sent used. Im guessing the world cup?! We are going for almost a week and wondering is there anything we need to bring up to hafjell etc.

Posted: Jul 21, 2014 at 23:29 Quote
Hillbilly Huckfest in Ål this coming weekend!!

http://hokkfest.no/

https://www.facebook.com/HillbillyHuckfest

Also part of the Fest Series

Posted: Jul 27, 2014 at 15:02 Quote
Here's a video I put together with some clips from me and my friends 2 days in Hafjell Smile

Views: 1,225    Faves: 2    Comments: 0

If someone in Stavanger/Sandnes want to ride, shoot me a message Big Grin

Posted: Jul 28, 2014 at 2:53 Quote
Nice riding dude! It's almost too hot at the moment, the gondola is a killer in the middle of the day! Haha

Wrecked my ankle on that stream gap thing on nm løypa, chickened out and braked then decided to pedal like mad and go for it anyway, cases it hard with the rear wheel bottoming out on the lip destroying most of the drive train on the rental bike as well as my ankle, thank God for insurance!

Hopefully its fine by the 8th since I'm going up again for a few days then, if anyone's there at the same time would be cool to catch a few laps! I'm in Asker so if anyone's down for some more AM stuff in the Oslo area or Drammen when it opens that would be cool too

Posted: Jul 28, 2014 at 3:27 Quote
dusse123 wrote:
Nice riding dude! It's almost too hot at the moment, the gondola is a killer in the middle of the day! Haha

Wrecked my ankle on that stream gap thing on nm løypa, chickened out and braked then decided to pedal like mad and go for it anyway, cases it hard with the rear wheel bottoming out on the lip destroying most of the drive train on the rental bike as well as my ankle, thank God for insurance!

Hopefully its fine by the 8th since I'm going up again for a few days then, if anyone's there at the same time would be cool to catch a few laps! I'm in Asker so if anyone's down for some more AM stuff in the Oslo area or Drammen when it opens that would be cool too

Thank you very much! Yeah, it was way too hot! At the end of wednesday the chairlift was overheating.
Doesn't sound fun dude, get better! I also sprained my ancle trying to gap from one jump and land on the landing of another in Buldreløypa (a little optimistic...)

Posted: Jul 28, 2014 at 4:41 Quote
Haha, there's plenty jumps on the blues that catch you out once you get up to speed and get to know the runs, especially on Moe'town

FL
Posted: Aug 2, 2014 at 21:08 Quote
Hi everyone, I'll be in Oslo on august 11 until the end of december. Anyone that knows the local trail would be welcome to show me how we get there. I'm pretty stoked to ride this new location and I'm willing to go to Hafjell for the world champs. I had the chance to see Mount Saint-Anne World cup today and these guys are crazy fast.

Posted: Aug 5, 2014 at 1:03 Quote
There are lots of really good spots around Oslo. Go to www.terrengsykkel.no (norwegian mtb forum). 45 minutes from Oslo you have Drammen where the lifts run Wednsday evening, Saturday and Sunday

Posted: Jan 29, 2015 at 15:35 Quote
I am moving to Oslo pretty soon and dont know if I can survive without riding some bikes and drinking some beer! Is there any advice on where I can find out about the local bike scene and find where all the trails are?

Posted: Jan 30, 2015 at 1:43 Quote
gsteder wrote:
I am moving to Oslo pretty soon and dont know if I can survive without riding some bikes and drinking some beer! Is there any advice on where I can find out about the local bike scene and find where all the trails are?
Frogner setern is best if you want some downhill! just take the subway up and ride down! works really well!
And drink Ringnes beer! best Norwegian one!

Posted: Jan 31, 2015 at 4:49 Quote
chrishish wrote:
gsteder wrote:
Frogner setern is best if you want some downhill! just take the subway up and ride down! works really well!

Thank you for the start! I will have to check it out, are the trails really technical DH or more flow and jumps DH?

Posted: Feb 2, 2015 at 12:15 Quote
gsteder wrote:
chrishish wrote:
gsteder wrote:

Thank you for the start! I will have to check it out, are the trails really technical DH or more flow and jumps DH?
ehm i guess its most techincal with some drops and jumps. either way it's really fun!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.026297
Mobile Version of Website