The Norwegian Biking thread

PB Forum :: Europe
The Norwegian Biking thread
Posted: Feb 4, 2015 at 1:30 Quote
chrishish wrote:
gsteder wrote:
chrishish wrote:

Frogner setern is best if you want some downhill! just take the subway up and ride down! works really well!
And drink Ringnes beer! best Norwegian one!

Thank you for the start! I will have to check it out, are the trails really technical DH or more flow and jumps DH?
ehm i guess its most techincal with some drops and jumps. either way it's really fun!

Perfect! Thank you, I will be checking it out then

Posted: Feb 5, 2015 at 12:56 Quote
Oi! mate, there is a few of us that go to Hafjell to ride DH pretty much every weekend and we are always looking to fill cars so just give me a ding if you wanna ride with us.

gsteder wrote:
I am moving to Oslo pretty soon and dont know if I can survive without riding some bikes and drinking some beer! Is there any advice on where I can find out about the local bike scene and find where all the trails are?

Posted: Feb 5, 2015 at 13:04 Quote
5 pages in so at least some people have been able to get some good use out of the thread Big Grin

I was just thinking, it might be very useful to a lot of people if there was a list of some of the best places to ride bikes in Norway?

If you think it might be an idea then just post a comment about the spot/area/bike park, where it is and what kind of riding its good for and I can add it to the opening post so people have a reference to check out depending on what kind of riding they want to do?

Posted: Feb 5, 2015 at 13:17 Quote
dusse123 wrote:
5 pages in so at least some people have been able to get some good use out of the thread Big Grin

I was just thinking, it might be very useful to a lot of people if there was a list of some of the best places to ride bikes in Norway?

If you think it might be an idea then just post a comment about the spot/area/bike park, where it is and what kind of riding its good for and I can add it to the opening post so people have a reference to check out depending on what kind of riding they want to do?

I could add some!
For downhill:
Hafjell.
Frognersetern
Nesbyen
Drammen

For DJ:
Kongsvinger
Esso Trails (bærum)
and around Moss is some spots
Salute

Posted: Feb 5, 2015 at 13:35 Quote
That's rad, thanks man.

Also heard theres some great AM riding above Hafjell bike park and Drammen bike park but never been myself, worth adding to the list anyone?

Posted: Feb 5, 2015 at 13:38 Quote
Trail riding in Romsdalen also looks pretty spectacular.

Posted: Feb 5, 2015 at 14:02 Quote
Lennoxxx wrote:
Oi! mate, there is a few of us that go to Hafjell to ride DH pretty much every weekend and we are always looking to fill cars so just give me a ding if you wanna ride with us.

gsteder wrote:
I am moving to Oslo pretty soon and dont know if I can survive without riding some bikes and drinking some beer! Is there any advice on where I can find out about the local bike scene and find where all the trails are?

Ya I would down for that! I'm moving in March so maybe we could get together and ride some of the local trails before Hafjell opens.

Posted: Feb 6, 2015 at 14:21 Quote
Sure! we can do that,, we will also be clearing some new trails this spring just 25 minutes outside Oslo in some pretty steep terrain that should be good for some gnarly, and some flowing parts.

gsteder wrote:
Lennoxxx wrote:

gsteder wrote:

Ya I would down for that! I'm moving in March so maybe we could get together and ride some of the local trails before Hafjell opens.

Posted: Feb 9, 2015 at 0:36 Quote
Lennoxxx wrote:
Sure! we can do that,, we will also be clearing some new trails this spring just 25 minutes outside Oslo in some pretty steep terrain that should be good for some gnarly, and some flowing parts.

gsteder wrote:
Lennoxxx wrote:

Sick, iv spent a summer working for a trail building company in salt lake so I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty, let me know if you want some help

Posted: Feb 9, 2015 at 7:50 Quote
Anyone here that is traveling from oslo/akershus to hafjell? Have'nt got my license yet so i have a hard time to get there haha

Posted: Feb 9, 2015 at 11:07 Quote
gsteder wrote:
Lennoxxx wrote:

gsteder wrote:

Sick, iv spent a summer working for a trail building company in salt lake so I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty, let me know if you want some help

Sure,, we need all the help we can get ,, we will also be needing volunteers to help get Hafjell ready in the spring, we have not been asked to volunteer in Hafjell but we will be doing it anyway in a effort to help save the bike park some money,

Posted: Feb 9, 2015 at 11:09 Quote
chrishish wrote:
Anyone here that is traveling from oslo/akershus to hafjell? Have'nt got my license yet so i have a hard time to get there haha

Let me know when the season starts and i'm sure we can find a ride for you.

Posted: Feb 26, 2015 at 12:00 Quote
Lennoxxx wrote:
gsteder wrote:
Lennoxxx wrote:

Sure,, we need all the help we can get ,, we will also be needing volunteers to help get Hafjell ready in the spring, we have not been asked to volunteer in Hafjell but we will be doing it anyway in a effort to help save the bike park some money,

Sweet, I arrive on April 2nd so anything after that keep me in the loop because im always down to help and dig trail!

FL
Posted: Mar 10, 2015 at 13:48 Quote
I'm going backpacking with some friends (biking friends) in the Lofoten Area later this year before travelling across to Sweden to hike the Kunsleden trail tup

I'm trying to find the best ways to travel between the places and google maps is being a bit of a bitch. I was wondering if anybody would kind enough to give me some help. Either inbox me or reply to this if you think you could be that kind person Big Grin

Thank you Salute

Posted: Apr 6, 2015 at 0:35 Quote
tom666 wrote:
I'm going backpacking with some friends (biking friends) in the Lofoten Area later this year before travelling across to Sweden to hike the Kunsleden trail tup

I'm trying to find the best ways to travel between the places and google maps is being a bit of a bitch. I was wondering if anybody would kind enough to give me some help. Either inbox me or reply to this if you think you could be that kind person Big Grin

Thank you Salute

Hi, the bus connections on the Lofoten are normally pretty good to get from one place to another. For more flexibility renting a car is probably. As the NOK is going to hel it might even be a bit cheaper these days.

If I read the maps correct the Kunsleden trail starts on the E-10 which is the road between Narvik and Kiruna. So it should be possible to drop off the buss on the way. Here is a link to the bus company and the time tables http://www.ltnbd.se/timetables/61/0/. Line 91 goes fro Narvik to Kiruna.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.029596
Mobile Version of Website