O+
Posted: Jan 11, 2008 at 18:49 Quote
anybody know why fox 40 would be clicking im running them on a giant glory dh

O+
Posted: Jan 11, 2008 at 19:06 Quote
when does it click?

Mod
Posted: Jan 11, 2008 at 19:19 Quote
It is most likely the spring knocking against the inside of your fork. This means that the sheathing on the spring that Fox puts on has worn off. This is very common. An easy and quick fix is to go to an electrician type store that sells heat shrink and put the spring in that. Cover about ½ the spring in that starting from the middle of the spring and it should get rid of the knocking/clicking sound.

O+
Posted: Jan 11, 2008 at 22:08 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
It is most likely the spring knocking against the inside of your fork. This means that the sheathing on the spring that Fox puts on has worn off. This is very common. An easy and quick fix is to go to an electrician type store that sells heat shrink and put the spring in that. Cover about ½ the spring in that starting from the middle of the spring and it should get rid of the knocking/clicking sound.
but i just got the bike 3 days ago

O+
Posted: Jan 11, 2008 at 22:09 Quote
it clicks when going over rockgardens
stinkyde wrote:
when does it click?

Posted: Jan 11, 2008 at 22:12 Quote
Does it click when you compress the fork, or just over rock gardens?

Posted: Jan 11, 2008 at 22:13 Quote
laurie1 wrote:

Laurie's right, it's a pretty common issue with 40's. Doesn't seem to discriminate between new or used forks. Your lbs can put on Fox's cover, but the heat shrink is the cheapest and easiest method.

O+
Posted: Jan 11, 2008 at 22:27 Quote
cdavis wrote:
mostly only over rock gardens and hard hits but i have never heard that noise out of any other fox 40

O+
Posted: Jan 11, 2008 at 22:29 Quote
twigme wrote:
cdavis wrote:
mostly only over rock gardens and hard hits but i have never heard that noise out of any other fox 40
yah but the fox fourty is bran new this was the first ride

that's an expensive fork to make guesses about. I suggest you ask a trusted bike shop.

O+
cdavis wrote:
basicly when you are flying over roughf terain or hit the fork on the ground

O+
stinkyde wrote:
when does it click?
through rough rock gardens and hard hits

Posted: Jan 11, 2008 at 22:31 Quote
Wait until after you break it in. It's brand new, stuff internally needs to get lubricated, settle in location, etc.

Posted: Jan 11, 2008 at 22:31 Quote
if it's new it's under warranty. get it serviced.

Posted: Jan 12, 2008 at 2:05 Quote
Seriously man, its exactly what Laurie said. Every person who i have known who owns a 40 has had to put shrink wrap on the spring. The Fox spring only uses a 3 inch strip of tubing in one spot on the spring to keep the noise down. My 40 made the noise maybe 3 hard rides after buying it, the stock sleeve is not shrunk on tight enuff and it just slides down the spring.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010569
Mobile Version of Website