What is the best DH Bike ?

PB Forum :: Downhill
What is the best DH Bike ?
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 8, 2014 at 13:33 Quote
Just a pool, what is the best DH bike in your opinion ?
George

Posted: May 8, 2014 at 21:02 Quote
Scott Gambler or Giant Glory

Posted: May 8, 2014 at 21:44 Quote
No such thing as best.

Every bike has its own geometry and feeling, some bikes are designed to ride a certain way and this suits certain riders, equally suspension design platform all have their own unique pros and cons or better again specific feeling.

This is futher complicated that two suspension platforms say FSR, can be used in different ways, positions, angles and leverages to change how it feels again.

Ultimately there is no best bike.

There are bikes that feel a certain way and have certain characteristics but which bike is the best is the one that compliments the riders technique. A rider can have a brilliant bike but if its design does not suit them they wont ride as well.

If you are buying any of the top range manufactures you usually are getting a top bike. It than just comes down to finding what you like in a bike and buying one designed in that way. The wc is filled with different bikes all designed differently and riders who all have their own style yet they all mange to get down the hill at similar speeds.

It does get more complicated in that set up than plays a big role too, you can drastically change how a bike feels by custom tuning the suspension dampening and setting up the bike differently.

If I had to put a short list. (in no order)

SC V10
GT fury
mondraker summum
glory
commencal supreme dh
M9 and 951
demo
nukeproof pulse
lapierre 722
divinci wilson
Scott gambler

Posted: May 9, 2014 at 2:57 Quote
slidways wrote:
No such thing as best.

Every bike has its own geometry and feeling, some bikes are designed to ride a certain way and this suits certain riders, equally suspension design platform all have their own unique pros and cons or better again specific feeling.

This is futher complicated that two suspension platforms say FSR, can be used in different ways, positions, angles and leverages to change how it feels again.

Ultimately there is no best bike.

There are bikes that feel a certain way and have certain characteristics but which bike is the best is the one that compliments the riders technique. A rider can have a brilliant bike but if its design does not suit them they wont ride as well.

If you are buying any of the top range manufactures you usually are getting a top bike. It than just comes down to finding what you like in a bike and buying one designed in that way. The wc is filled with different bikes all designed differently and riders who all have their own style yet they all mange to get down the hill at similar speeds.

It does get more complicated in that set up than plays a big role too, you can drastically change how a bike feels by custom tuning the suspension dampening and setting up the bike differently.

SC V10
GT fury
mondraker summum
glory
commencal supreme dh
M9 and 951
demo
nukeproof pulse
lapierre 722
divinci wilson
Scott gambler

+1

Most successful on the DH WC scene - V10
Best value - YT Tues

The Trek Session has to be up there too.

Posted: May 9, 2014 at 3:00 Quote
The one you currently own, enjoy what you got and shred it till it dies

Posted: May 9, 2014 at 13:23 Quote
I think the battle is between Session and V10. Lifetime warranty from Trek is something. VPP in my opinion is the best suspension system.
But in terms of looks , V10 will always be in my heart.

Posted: May 9, 2014 at 13:50 Quote
bigburd wrote:
Redalp

FAKT

Posted: May 9, 2014 at 17:51 Quote
Am i the only one that doesn't like the v10?

Posted: May 9, 2014 at 21:10 Quote
jimferno wrote:
slidways wrote:

SC V10
GT fury
mondraker summum
glory
commencal supreme dh
M9 and 951
demo
nukeproof pulse
lapierre 722
divinci wilson
Scott gambler

+1

Most successful on the DH WC scene - V10
Best value - YT Tues

The Trek Session has to be up there too.

Yeah that was a quick list no doubt many more to add in there.

Posted: May 10, 2014 at 4:40 Quote
But between V10 and Session 99, who wins ?

Posted: May 10, 2014 at 6:30 Quote
Majesty wrote:

The one that suits you.

neither of them are better..

Depends what you want from the bike, if you want a certain feel than yes one might be better than the other for YOUR want. Are you actually looking at these bikes?

If you don't know what you want from a bike yet than it doesn't matter which one you buy at this point, they are both top bikes and it will take a long time and lots of riding and development before you need to worry about any bike holding you back.

Posted: May 10, 2014 at 7:12 Quote
Majesty wrote:

For me, it would be the session. Hands down.

Posted: May 10, 2014 at 13:14 Quote
I am looking for a replacement to a Commencal SDH WC (2012 - blue one).
I would go for a carbon bike because of its weight and stiffness.
I just can't find a good angle for that 9.9 . I find the 88 hot , but the 99 seems like a tank dressed like Barbie. Or something huge that wants to be light.
The V10 is like the sexiest bike i've ever seen.
I will buy one after i sell my Commi. Should sell it b4 July.
Thanks for answer Wink
Have a good day !
George

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012960
Mobile Version of Website