Let's have an Intense roll-call. What ya got?

PB Forum :: Intense
Let's have an Intense roll-call. What ya got?
Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 12:54 Quote
RodneyPierce wrote:
Latest ride on the recluse! Loving this bike!

Nice lookin bike. Love the color on those.

Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 17:54 Quote
my 2016 carbon tracer has some problems with the pivots coming loose after each run. time for new bearings?

Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 18:15 Quote
jmartinbiking wrote:
my 2016 carbon tracer has some problems with the pivots coming loose after each run. time for new bearings?

Take it apart and feel if they’re smooth or notchy. If smooth, regrease and reuse. If notchy, replace any either way, put Loctite on your bolt threads.

Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 21:38 Quote
jmartinbiking wrote:

I have heard of this happening. The recommendation given to me was to use carbon paste on the shoulders of the bolts (where they go into the carbon triangle). I did that on mine and have not had a single one of them come loose.

Posted: Jul 13, 2018 at 4:55 Quote
A hint for notchy bearings, as long as there is no axial movement of the inner race relative to the outer, it's not dead, just dry grease on the races.

Use a scalpel blade to gently prise the rubber seals out of the bearing (slide it gently under the inner lip and it it should pop out), drop the bearing in a jar of alcohol/solvent for a few hours to soften the dry grease. Check it every so often and forcibly run the bearing round till it comes free, once it's completely free, leave to dry, run a spot of light oil around it and then pack the balls completely with a good thick grease, replace seals and refit.

Ball races are intended to high speed rotational movement, not the small angular deflection that suspension pivots experience as such are only packed with a small amount of grease which dries up on the bearing tracks. When I got my 5.5evp I replaced all the shot bearings and packed them with grease as above, I now have 5 years of usage from one set of bearings without any maintenance and they're fine.

I recently ressurected my 16 year old black spire headset in a similar fashion, some water had got in there, soaked it in some phosphric acid cleaner to eat the rust, rinsed off in alcohol and it's come up just fine.

Posted: Jul 16, 2018 at 21:24 Quote
My Carbine as it now currently stands.

Took a break to eat lunch while riding at Deer Valley and decided to take a picture.

Posted: Jul 20, 2018 at 17:13 Quote
In Nelson, BC. A nice little trail called 49er.
On 49er near Nelson BC

Posted: Jul 23, 2018 at 13:31 Quote

My Oldie but Goodie.

Posted: Jul 25, 2018 at 6:50 Quote
jmartinbiking wrote:
I Have the same problem on the same frame and its freaking me out, thanks for the replies to said quoted text as i really need it sorting

Posted: Aug 1, 2018 at 10:35 Quote
austenselk wrote:
My Carbine as it now currently stands.

Took a break to eat lunch while riding at Deer Valley and decided to take a picture.

That Palmer helmet for the WIN

Posted: Aug 8, 2018 at 5:46 Quote
Woohoo!! NBD
2018 Intense M16c Pro
Cannot wait to get this thing dialed in... it's going to be a fun ride!

Woohoo NBD 2018 Intense M16c Pro Cannot wait to get this thing dialed in... it s going to be a fun ride

Woohoo NBD 2018 Intense M16c Pro Cannot wait to get this thing dialed in... it s going to be a fun ride

Posted: Aug 8, 2018 at 22:04 Quote
achristopher wrote:
Woohoo!! NBD
2018 Intense M16c Pro
Cannot wait to get this thing dialed in... it's going to be a fun ride!

NICE!!!!

Posted: Aug 9, 2018 at 4:57 Quote
My M16C large. In constant upgrade mode.
Just a semi clean pic of my M16C large.

Posted: Aug 29, 2018 at 22:08 Quote
Hello all,
I have an Intense M9. The fork looks like it may need replacing, but just wondering if there is any way of getting this bike to take 27.5 wheels. Has anyone had any experience in getting the G3 dropouts that are suitable for 27.5?

Posted: Aug 30, 2018 at 16:39 Quote
Stint wrote:
Hello all,
I have an Intense M9. The fork looks like it may need replacing, but just wondering if there is any way of getting this bike to take 27.5 wheels. Has anyone had any experience in getting the G3 dropouts that are suitable for 27.5?

I have an 26” 2014 Uzzi with G3 dropouts and I currently have 2.8 tires on 26+ wheels on it, which are 27.5 in diameter and they fit with plenty of clearance front and back. I’m using a 2018 26” Fox 36 fork with 180mm travel, so a 27.5 fork not necessary. Here’s a link to my Vital bike check for pics. The G3 is in the rear, slack setting.

https://www.vitalmtb.com/community/Faster-Than-U,27599/setup,23252

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2018. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.033274
Mobile Version of Website