Let's have an Intense roll-call. What ya got?

PB Forum :: Intense
Let's have an Intense roll-call. What ya got?
| Next Page
Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 12:54 Quote
RodneyPierce wrote:
Latest ride on the recluse! Loving this bike!

Nice lookin bike. Love the color on those.

Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 17:54 Quote
my 2016 carbon tracer has some problems with the pivots coming loose after each run. time for new bearings?

Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 18:15 Quote
jmartinbiking wrote:
my 2016 carbon tracer has some problems with the pivots coming loose after each run. time for new bearings?

Take it apart and feel if they’re smooth or notchy. If smooth, regrease and reuse. If notchy, replace any either way, put Loctite on your bolt threads.

Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 21:38 Quote
jmartinbiking wrote:

I have heard of this happening. The recommendation given to me was to use carbon paste on the shoulders of the bolts (where they go into the carbon triangle). I did that on mine and have not had a single one of them come loose.

Posted: Jul 13, 2018 at 4:55 Quote
A hint for notchy bearings, as long as there is no axial movement of the inner race relative to the outer, it's not dead, just dry grease on the races.

Use a scalpel blade to gently prise the rubber seals out of the bearing (slide it gently under the inner lip and it it should pop out), drop the bearing in a jar of alcohol/solvent for a few hours to soften the dry grease. Check it every so often and forcibly run the bearing round till it comes free, once it's completely free, leave to dry, run a spot of light oil around it and then pack the balls completely with a good thick grease, replace seals and refit.

Ball races are intended to high speed rotational movement, not the small angular deflection that suspension pivots experience as such are only packed with a small amount of grease which dries up on the bearing tracks. When I got my 5.5evp I replaced all the shot bearings and packed them with grease as above, I now have 5 years of usage from one set of bearings without any maintenance and they're fine.

I recently ressurected my 16 year old black spire headset in a similar fashion, some water had got in there, soaked it in some phosphric acid cleaner to eat the rust, rinsed off in alcohol and it's come up just fine.

Posted: 1 days ago Quote
My Carbine as it now currently stands.

Took a break to eat lunch while riding at Deer Valley and decided to take a picture.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2018. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015887
Mobile Version of Website