Let's have an Intense roll-call. What ya got?

PB Forum :: Intense
Let's have an Intense roll-call. What ya got?
Posted: Feb 24, 2019 at 8:41 Quote
Greetings all. I have a 2017 Spider 275C that I absolutely LOVE. Current upgrades:

- Box Two 11 - 50 drivetrain (cassette, chain, clutched derailleur, shifter)
- Magura MT Trail Brakes (being installed now...pics later)
- Red Monkey fat grips
- Crank Brothers Stamps (Large)
- Inbike Seat (Jury still out on this one...)
- Running Maxxis Highroller IIs on the rear and Minion DHFs on the front

Posted: Feb 24, 2019 at 10:27 Quote
Your bike is dope and I'd honestly appreciate a drive side photo.

Posted: Feb 24, 2019 at 11:20 Quote
sherbet wrote:

Soon as I get it back from the shop, I'll take a shot from that side with the new cassette and all.

Posted: Feb 24, 2019 at 12:43 Quote
New whip. Waiting on bushings for the ccdb coil

Posted: Feb 24, 2019 at 16:03 Quote
Sick BAR!!! Looking good bud. The rear shock been sorted out?

Sn0wy wrote:
Posted this in the all mountain thread but will post it here for the guys that may not look in that one.

Been way to busy to get some out and about shots unfortunately

Have updated the bike abit, couple more things to do changing brakes to either hope or magura and need a new headset

Most recent updates, orange rim decals, Renthal Fatbar Carbon 35 stealth, ANVL stem and orange tmacs. Have orange grips coming and hope to somehow get an orange link

Posted: Feb 24, 2019 at 16:20 Quote
Yeah man they took it back and done a 100 hour service on it after 3 rides

Posted: Feb 26, 2019 at 8:54 Quote
951. 205mm travel!

Posted: Feb 26, 2019 at 15:16 Quote
sherbet wrote:

Here you go:

Posted: Apr 8, 2019 at 0:56 Quote
Hey guys, first time buying an Intense but am so happy. Wanted a do everything 29er that focuses more towards Downhill. Will sell my old Kona Cadabra and Carbon Supreme Operator now I have this.

Mods:
2019 Fox 36 170mm with Grip 2
Deity black label bars and stem
Deity Seat
Shimano flats but moving to saint platform spds soon
Stans Flow Mk3 rims
Maxxis DHR and DHF in 2.5 WT
KS Lev dropper
Guide R brakes

After the 1st ride at our local park this thing flies, I've never owned a bike that is so quick. My starva times and top speeds on runs leaves my top of 2016 range 26" wheeled Supreme Operator for dead. Extremely happy with the build!

Posted: Apr 8, 2019 at 7:57 Quote
Stoked for you !! :-)

Posted: Apr 8, 2019 at 9:09 Quote
JNZ wrote:
Hey guys, first time buying an Intense but am so happy. Wanted a do everything 29er that focuses more towards Downhill. Will sell my old Kona Cadabra and Carbon Supreme Operator now I have this.

Mods:
Deity Seat
Stans Flow Mk3 rims
KS Lev dropper
Guide R brakes

After the 1st ride at our local park this thing flies, I've never owned a bike that is so quick. My starva times and top speeds on runs leaves my top of 2016 range 26" wheeled Supreme Operator for dead. Extremely happy with the build!

That thing is so dope, how does it climb? I was tempted to get a carbine before my tracer but the 74° seattube angle set me off. Mainly because its a long travel 29er with a slack seattube angle. That combination doesnt mix very well.

Posted: Apr 8, 2019 at 9:57 Quote
I'd say an X2, coil or air and some different brakes and you're golden! I love the paint on it.

Posted: Apr 8, 2019 at 10:18 Quote
Gmoneyog1 wrote:
JNZ wrote:

Mods:
Deity Seat
Stans Flow Mk3 rims
KS Lev dropper
Guide R brakes

That thing is so dope, how does it climb? I was tempted to get a carbine before my tracer but the 74° seattube angle set me off. Mainly because its a long travel 29er with a slack seattube angle. That combination doesnt mix very well.

I used to have a sentinel and the steeper seat angle was definitely nice, and I had the same concerns coming to the carbine. Carbine doesn't climb quite as well due to it, but with seat slid forward all the way it is not bad and you will make it to the top. I notice I have to use the middle position more often on climbs.

Posted: Apr 8, 2019 at 15:34 Quote
Gmoneyog1 wrote:

Thanks, we have a bike park here with chair so most of the time its ok haha. But I did buy it to do everything including multi day trips.

As has been said above, I have to move the seat all the way forward to get more over the BB. It does climb fine though but compared to my Giant XTC 29er its a lot slower. The flats and down more than make up for the slow climbs though.

Moving to the 170mm front has probably slackened my HTA and STA a bit as well

Posted: Apr 17, 2019 at 7:20 Quote
I'm looking to replace my rear shock with this: https://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/rockshox-super-deluxe-coil-ultimate-831212 can you tell me if this is compatible with Intense Carbine 2018? Another problem is the coil size, I'm not sure if https://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/rockshox-metric-coil-spring-831241 151x65mm will fit the shock. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.031778
Mobile Version of Website