Let's have an Intense roll-call. What ya got?

PB Forum :: Intense
Let's have an Intense roll-call. What ya got?
Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 10:49 Quote
Just added an X2 to my Carbine Cool

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 11:56 Quote
Intense knocked it out of the park with that color way. Absolutely love it.

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 13:09 Quote
retrofred wrote:
First real ride on my new Tracer. So far I m enjoying the feel and length of the bike. Just need to dial in the rear shock.
black on black always good;
add black chain for pure style

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 14:08 Quote
JNZ wrote:
Just added an X2 to my Carbine Cool

Do revert with your findings once you have ridden it with that X2

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 14:48 Quote
missionS wrote:
Do revert with your findings once you have ridden it with that X2

Will do, was going to add a megneg to my Super Deluxe R or buy the X2. Problem with the X2 is I'm 230 pounds/104kg and the max pressure in the 2018 X2 is 250 psi. I'm at 240 psi and already at 32% sag. First proper DH runs on saturday so will see how it goes. Need to get my shockwiz off my mate.

The Carbine is very progressive so I'm mindful of the plushness already

Posted: Feb 15, 2020 at 18:12 Quote
Does anyone know the size of bearings I need to get for the 2018 intense carbine lower link? The bearings on the linkage that attach the rear triangle to the front triangle/ the bearings where the grease port is

Posted: Feb 15, 2020 at 20:38 Quote
ibishreddin wrote:
Does anyone know the size of bearings I need to get for the 2018 intense carbine lower link? The bearings on the linkage that attach the rear triangle to the front triangle/ the bearings where the grease port is

https://parts.intensecycles.com/collections/link-kits/carbine

Posted: Feb 16, 2020 at 8:15 Quote
Hey, odes anyone successfully use the grace port?

I own A bike 4 years already, and always done bearing replacement or so since was never ever able to squeeze marine breeze via this port's

Posted: Feb 16, 2020 at 17:48 Quote
nickmalysh wrote:

I own A bike 4 years already, and always done bearing replacement or so since was never ever able to squeeze marine breeze via this port's

Yep, I regrease mine every few months. You need use a grease gun with a pointy tip that pushes the ball in and opens the port.

Posted: Feb 16, 2020 at 19:01 Quote
Can get the tips and gun at diy hardware stores and it threads onto the grease gun which you then POKE and inject fresh loada grease

This should be done fairly often consistent with amount you ride

An air jet wouldn't hurt if you want to get all anal bout flushing dirt out

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 13:28 Quote
I find that it helps if you loosen off the axel so that the old grease can get out As you inject the new grease in.

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 13:35 Quote
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
nickmalysh wrote:

Yep, I regrease mine every few months. You need use a grease gun with a pointy tip that pushes the ball in and opens the port.

Have a recommendation for a cheap one?

Posted: Feb 18, 2020 at 7:28 Quote
stacyoblenes wrote:
I find that it helps if you loosen off the axel so that the old grease can get out As you inject the new grease in.

Good point

Posted: Feb 18, 2020 at 8:33 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
stacyoblenes wrote:

Good point

I’ve never had to do that. My old grease comes out as I pump in the new grease. The seals in those bearings are designed to allow grease to pass through so its not necessary to loosen anything.

Posted: Feb 18, 2020 at 8:37 Quote
NorCalNomad wrote:
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
nickmalysh wrote:

Have a recommendation for a cheap one?

I use this one with a tube of Slick Honey grease.

https://www.amazon.com/Finish-Line-Grease-Injection-Gun/dp/B000BR0Y9Y?psc=1&SubscriptionId=AKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q&tag=duckduckgo-ipad-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B000BR0Y9Y

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006777
Mobile Version of Website