Best full face helmet

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Best full face helmet
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 12, 2008 at 3:06 Quote
Just wondering what you all think is the best full face helmet

O+
Posted: Jan 12, 2008 at 3:13 Quote
giro remedy no doubt, looks awesome, feels awesome, and is fairly cheap. Troyleedesign helmets are good but expensive... Never tried anything else.

Posted: Jan 12, 2008 at 6:58 Quote
Giro Remedy. I have one and its really comfortable. Good visibility too.

Posted: Jan 12, 2008 at 8:06 Quote
What they said.. best bang for the buck Smile

O+
Posted: Jan 12, 2008 at 8:19 Quote
Agreed the Giro is the best bang for the buck and they have pushed the level of protection that helmets are to offer in the industry, outside of DOT approved helemts.

Posted: Jan 12, 2008 at 8:20 Quote
i have a 661 pro bravo and i have no complaints about it, pretty comfortable, light and won't break the bank either, my next helmet its going to be a troy lee though, best feeling helmet imo

O+
Posted: Jan 12, 2008 at 8:26 Quote
javzx7 wrote:
i have a 661 pro bravo and i have no complaints about it, pretty comfortable, light and won't break the bank either, my next helmet its going to be a troy lee though, best feeling helmet imo

Ya I like those TLD helemts...been so close to getting one, but I know if I spend that kind of coin and I crash on it and scratch it, I am not going to beable to see for the rest of the ride due to the tears in my eyes from ruining her. Nice helemts though.

There is a trend toward DOT approved helemts these days.

Posted: Jan 12, 2008 at 8:28 Quote
MMmmmmmmmm Phobia, although I like the white one better, just call me a trend-glitter.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.sicklines.com/gallery/data/534/TLD08D2_Phobia.jpg

Posted: Jan 12, 2008 at 8:39 Quote
maestroforlife wrote:
javzx7 wrote:

Ya I like those TLD helemts...been so close to getting one, but I know if I spend that kind of coin and I crash on it and scratch it, I am not going to beable to see for the rest of the ride due to the tears in my eyes from ruining her. Nice helemts though.

There is a trend toward DOT approved helemts these days.
lol, same here, thats why when i buy a helmet the first thing i do its i drop it on the ground (from a safe height) that way is already scratched a bit so when i crash the first time i won't care much Smile
about DOT helmets, the offer more protection but they are on the heavy side and run too hot for me imo, i live in AZ so i need all the vents i can get

Posted: Jan 12, 2008 at 8:41 Quote
Hahaha trick is to drop it from a safe height before you buy so you get a deal and don't care about scratching it in the future.

O+
Posted: Jan 12, 2008 at 8:45 Quote
I like the way that troy lee designs helmets have that chin protection. Alot of other helmets are full face but they don't protect your chin as much as most troy lee.

Posted: Jan 12, 2008 at 8:58 Quote
Got a 661 Flight HEX ( the baby blue one :p ) and like it so so much.
It does look like a coppy of the TLD. And they are almost as mutch expensive as them.

O+
Posted: Jan 12, 2008 at 15:40 Quote
Wilson4 wrote:
Hahaha trick is to drop it from a safe height before you buy so you get a deal and don't care about scratching it in the future.

That works!!! Hell if someone dropped the helmet in my shop...they would be paying full price, call me a hard ass...but you would do the same with a bike.

Posted: Jan 12, 2008 at 15:43 Quote
I'm in love with my Netti. I know someone that weighed one next to a Lee and a Deviant and it was a fair bit lighter.

Posted: Jan 12, 2008 at 15:46 Quote
maestroforlife wrote:
Wilson4 wrote:

That works!!! Hell if someone dropped the helmet in my shop...they would be paying full price, call me a hard ass...but you would do the same with a bike.
i know, thats why i said i would do that after i got it

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011991
Mobile Version of Website