i think 4x should be a olympic sport do you agree?

PB Forum :: Downhill
i think 4x should be a olympic sport do you agree?
Posted: Jul 28, 2008 at 15:30 Quote
yes i agree that it should be an olympic sport

Posted: Jul 28, 2008 at 17:14 Quote
honestly, i think DH racing should be an olympic sport before 4x because to people who know little about biking, they wouldn't see a difference between BMX and 4X.

Posted: Jul 28, 2008 at 17:17 Quote
i think your all missing the point,the olympics are about endurance and stamina and effort.

some people who make the rules may not see it the same way and might be the reason bmx never got in there.

Posted: Jul 28, 2008 at 20:24 Quote
No way, 4x sucks. Bring back DS!

FL
Posted: Jul 29, 2008 at 0:17 Quote
Philly-bnb wrote:
well when the x games sink to the level of taking no skill what so ever to do then ill be glad to sound like a tool

Go ride mount 7 and come back to me with a helmet cam...

And in the east we got st-anne where we got pretty hard fun and technical trails hid in the mountain.

Posted: Jul 29, 2008 at 19:33 Quote
definately should not.

4x has suffered (well changed at least) this year as all the bmx riders have gone off to the olympics. the race season is busy enough as it is.

also, be realistic, it would never happen. to the average person, 4x is just bmx racing with less bikes and bigger wheels. bmx racing has been around at least 3 times longer than 4x, and its still taken all this time to get there. a mediocre version of another olympic sport is not what 4x or the olympics needs, and not what people want to watch.

if you put dh and 4x in, imagine what other minority sports would have to be included....

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 at 15:43 Quote
adrenalineryder18 wrote:
Philly-bnb wrote:
well when the x games sink to the level of taking no skill what so ever to do then ill be glad to sound like a tool

Have you ever actually tried down hill? it takes alot of skill and its not "just riding down a hill".

Philly-bnb you are very ignorant, and are deffinatley not in the position to be saying that downhill requires no skill, im guessing you only ride street and know little to nothing about downhill, they are very different but both require lots of skill to be good.

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 at 15:46 Quote
Soucy wrote:
Philly-bnb wrote:

Go ride mount 7 and come back to me with a helmet cam...

And in the east we got st-anne where we got pretty hard fun and technical trails hid in the mountain.

Im sorry but the east does not have anything that can match the mountains out west, and i dont mean it as an insult.

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 at 16:13 Quote
another thing that hasn't been mentioned is the time it would take to build a 4x course and the space and money needed for one.

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 at 16:26 Quote
sykesy wrote:
another thing that hasn't been mentioned is the time it would take to build a 4x course and the space and money needed for one.

That's not a reason. They would just use the bmx track. 4x is the same as BMX just with 4 mtbs instead of 8 bmxs.

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 at 16:29 Quote
it would never get approved if they used the same track. the only way it would is if there was a significant difference, which would mean making an extra track

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 at 1:48 Quote
A couple of points to consider here that cant be changed...

A sport wanting to become an Olympic sport should at least be recognized by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) for several years, and it also must reach certain standards of activity, competition and membership around the world, and then pass through a provisional status for about two years.

A sport needs an international association or governing body of some kind to get in. the sport must be popular in many countries--75 of them for men's summer sports, 40 for women's summer sports, and 25 for winter sports

It is up to the Organizer of an Olympic Games to propose the IOC to insert one or more new sports into the program. ie The Organizing Committee for the Olympic Games - Athens 2004 (ATHOC) officially proposed to the IOC to insert waterskiing.

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 at 2:00 Quote
I think they should, would be cool if they did though, atleast the olympics will be worth watching lol

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 at 13:58 Quote
I wish an pray.

But first more countries need to take it more series and have national series (ie Canada, US cancelled it for dual).

The sport still has some growing to do prior for it coming true.

Let us pray.

Posted: Jan 13, 2009 at 8:16 Quote
I think 4x should be an olympic sport and i am all for it , it is my favourite dicipline but the only problem is the courses , moving away from the bmx side of 4x is not just about building rock gardens and flat turns , it should be also about making much bigger jumps , for example mtb dirt jumping moved away from bmx dirt jumping by building bigger jumps , not just gnarlier tracks . The world cup 4x tracks this year where very good at moving away from the bmx side of things but some of them looked like 70's bmx tracks with flat turns and small jumps . There have been a few big jumps and pro-lines in 4x this year but there should still be more and more to make it more thrilling and exciting to watch . Smile

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.034566
Mobile Version of Website