timing systems question

PB Forum :: Enduro World Series
timing systems question
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+ FL
Posted: May 16, 2014 at 0:20 Quote
lol, not expecting much of an answer here seeing as i'm the first to post in this enduro forum, but here goes.

how is the timing system run in the EWS. all the national and local enduro races i have done it is a wrist band with a RFID chip in it that you have to manually press against a reader at the start of your run and end of your run. they can be very annoying especially when you are breathing out of your ass at the end of a stage. am racing in the next round of the EWS and can't find any reference to the system they use. From looking at the videos I've seen , it looks as if its an automatic thing, but i can't see any timing mat, but i can't see any footage of riders putting their arm against anything either. can anyone answer this Smile

Posted: May 17, 2014 at 14:01 Quote
forkbrayker wrote:
lol, not expecting much of an answer here seeing as i'm the first to post in this enduro forum, but here goes.

how is the timing system run in the EWS. all the national and local enduro races i have done it is a wrist band with a RFID chip in it that you have to manually press against a reader at the start of your run and end of your run. they can be very annoying especially when you are breathing out of your ass at the end of a stage. am racing in the next round of the EWS and can't find any reference to the system they use. From looking at the videos I've seen , it looks as if its an automatic thing, but i can't see any timing mat, but i can't see any footage of riders putting their arm against anything either. can anyone answer this Smile

As far as I am concerned they use laser/light barriers

Posted: Jan 4, 2016 at 10:49 Quote
There is a timing chip on the back of the number plate. The racer starts at a specific time interval and it ends when the chip passes the finish line which is detected by sensors

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.044694
Mobile Version of Website