Niner ROS9

PB Forum :: Niner Bikes
Niner ROS9
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: May 20, 2014 at 5:00 Quote
Does anyone else ride a ROS9? If so, what do you think? How do you have it set up?

Posted: Dec 4, 2014 at 11:53 Quote
We have a demo in my shop I have spent some trail time on, and I am building one for myself currently. We put a 140mm MRP LOOP TR fork on the front and built it with a wide range 1x10 drivetrain.

It's not particularly light, but who cares? LOTS OF FUN. If anything, it restored my faith in hardtails.

do it.

Posted: Sep 7, 2015 at 14:23 Quote
I also have a ros9, its the best hardtail i owned it climbs well and desends and corners like as fast as any of my full squishers. Ive been in the alps on it this summer and so long as you choose the smoother lines its a dream. Just a great fun bike, test one and see you won't be disappointed.

Posted: Apr 18, 2016 at 10:31 Quote
My niner is set up with 1x11. 32 on the front and 11x40 on the rear. Fox 32 ctd 120 mm on the suspension. Stealth dropper 150mm. Thomson carbon bar 740mm. Small rise and set back not much. Stan's wheels. Trail king on front 2.4 . Purgatory 2.3 on TX he rear. I run around 26 lbs of psi. 180 rotors XT setup on brakes. Thanks Josh. Xtr med cage shadow on the rear. I love this bike it is a xl. I'm 6-3" and this bike is a beast. And only 29 lbs. Only have about 2 dozen rides under my belt have not done anything crazy yet.

Posted: Jul 27, 2016 at 17:46 Quote
1x11 with a NW chain ring (no guard). 120mm fork (havent tried a longer fork, but i know a lot of people do). 30MM internal diameter Light Bicycle carbon rims (tubeless) I use a short stem and 720mm riser bars. I messed around with the cockpit set up quite a bit (stem/bar length, flat/riser) I was getting some lower back pain until i got it just right. Im 5'8" on a medium frame.
Love it. Great bike, agile, and capable. Will take everything i can throw at it, including rocky/rooty tech. Great both climbing and descending, and feels great in the air too. Its reasonably light (about 27 lbs)The wide rims paired with wide, tubeless tires work really great on this bike. Not sure if id go with carbon rims again, they are noticeably stiff. Overall im really happy with this bike.

Posted: Jan 4, 2017 at 12:18 Quote
I found a great deal on a new frame and built this up this fall:
Niner ROS 9
Niner ROS 9
Niner ROS 9

I went with 27.5+ wheels. They fit nicely with 3.0" tires. The front is listed as a 3.5" tire, but it's only as wide as the 3.0s I've seen. Fun bike and reasonably good in the snow I'm discovering...

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.029347
Mobile Version of Website