Rate my 29er - rate the bike above yours

PB Forum :: 29ers
Rate my 29er - rate the bike above yours
Posted: Jun 24, 2018 at 10:52 Quote
Here is a better pic of my soon to be modified 2018 Yeti SB 5.5.

Posted: Jun 25, 2018 at 2:56 Quote
9/10

Pretty much spot on.

Here's my steel pig, used and abused and going strong every single day.

Posted: Dec 28, 2018 at 17:40 Quote
Yes 8/10- Bulletproof is always the way to go.

Here's my 2015 Honzo ST. All this baby knows is abuse. Not the best pic but you get the idea.

Posted: Jan 2, 2019 at 18:56 Quote
My upgraded 2014 Scott Genius 920.

Posted: Jan 3, 2019 at 11:18 Quote
I sold my 2014 Scott Genius 720 to buy my new 2018 Scott Genius 920. So I definitely like your Genius and some of the upgrades you have done.
My Genius has a few changes
Nobl carbon wheelset with Silent Nobl Hubs (amazing)
Renthal Carbon Bars 780mm
Wolf tooth Dropper lever
Fox shock lockout for rear to replace the Twinlock /dropper lever combo. I only lock out the back now. makes for a much cleaner cockpit.
Magura MT7 Carbon brakes ( which have since been sold ) and going to Shimano Xt Dual piston brakes.

Posted: Jan 3, 2019 at 13:00 Quote
Three6ty wrote:
my new 2018 Scott Genius 920.

I know grips and saddle are personal preference but the look odd on this bike. The dropper lever also is kinda huge compared to the one Bikeyoke have. Your cable routing looks great.

I'd give it a 8/10.

If you want to go Shimano, get the new XTR 4 piston brakes. They are awesome.

Here's mine. Still waiting for that Absolute Black chainring to complete the XTR group set with the matching cranks. It's a pity Shimano can't deliver theirs. (Click for bigger image)

Posted: Jan 4, 2019 at 16:47 Quote
10/10 for the Santa Cruz... Bought my first FS this past fall and the Bronson was on my short list!

Here's my Stumpy 3

Posted: Jan 15, 2019 at 17:03 Quote
9/10 on the FS above. Point off because I gravitate toward matched color schemes and the purplish pedals clash with the blue looking grips (stupid, I know). But they match the fork decal nicely.

Ultra cheap steel hardtail:

Posted: Feb 4, 2019 at 12:38 Quote
Would love a santa cruz one day. Just picked up my new steed first carbon fibre bike feels way different to my 2014 Trek ex8 that it replaced absolutely love it
New whip first carbon fibre bike love it very different to my old Trek EX8
Day I picked up my new bike from Minster Cycles in Hull. Got to support your local bike shop. No better shop in East Yorkshire than Minster Cycles
Stumpjumper carbon comp frame with upgraded shock, rockshox pike, Renthal fat bars, Sram eagle gx, Guide RE's, Hope techenduro on pro 4 hubs and Hope bottom bracket.
Bought from Minster Cycles in Hull best bike shop in East Yorkshire by a country mile

Posted: Feb 4, 2019 at 14:48 Quote
suprapaul1 wrote:
Would love a santa cruz one day. Just picked up my new steed first carbon fibre bike feels way different to my 2014 Trek ex8 that it replaced absolutely love it
Day I picked up my new bike from Minster Cycles in Hull. Got to support your local bike shop. No better shop in East Yorkshire than Minster Cycles
Stumpjumper carbon comp frame with upgraded shock, rockshox pike, Renthal fat bars, Sram eagle gx, Guide RE's, Hope techenduro on pro 4 hubs and Hope bottom bracket.
Bought from Minster Cycles in Hull best bike shop in East Yorkshire by a country mile

nice bike, i have wanted to get a stumpjumper, but im stuck so far with a hardtail

Posted: Feb 5, 2019 at 6:44 Quote
simonangier wrote:
suprapaul1 wrote:

nice bike, i have wanted to get a stumpjumper, but im stuck so far with a hardtail

Its a great bike dude have an Onza payoff too which is a great mile muncher

Posted: Feb 24, 2019 at 18:26 Quote
Great Stumpjumper! Looks great and spec'd wonderfully. 9.75/10 (not a fan of the Ergon grips .... but that is just me being nitpicky Wink )

How about a Carbon Depaula PRS 2.9 Singlespeed .... Depaula is a tiny boutique brand based near Atlanta, GA. Bike as pictured is set up with a Reba RLT fork, Cane Creek headset, Thomson stem, Enve carbon bar, Raceface Half Nelson grips, Sram Level TLM levers, Sram XO calipers, Stan's 3.30 hubs with Crest rims, Maxxis Ardent front and Ikon rear tires, E-Thirteen TRS crank, Crank Brothers Candy SL pedals, Surly Singleator, Thomson layback post and a Raceface Aeffect saddle.

Posted: Mar 18, 2019 at 12:25 Quote
SuperUltraKel wrote:
Great Stumpjumper! Looks great and spec'd wonderfully. 9.75/10 (not a fan of the Ergon grips .... but that is just me being nitpicky Wink )

How about a Carbon Depaula PRS 2.9 Singlespeed .... Depaula is a tiny boutique brand based near Atlanta, GA. Bike as pictured is set up with a Reba RLT fork, Cane Creek headset, Thomson stem, Enve carbon bar, Raceface Half Nelson grips, Sram Level TLM levers, Sram XO calipers, Stan's 3.30 hubs with Crest rims, Maxxis Ardent front and Ikon rear tires, E-Thirteen TRS crank, Crank Brothers Candy SL pedals, Surly Singleator, Thomson layback post and a Raceface Aeffect saddle.

Nice hardtail! I like seeing local builds from smaller brands. That ardent up front was on of those most unpredictable tires I have ran. If you find it washing out, you might want to try a forecaster. It pairs up well with the Ikon in the back.

Pretty generic SB5.5 turq. Nukeproof pedals, ergon ti saddle, wolftooth small parts, DT481 with 54poi hubs, bars cut to 780.

Posted: Mar 19, 2019 at 10:11 Quote
DertBug wrote:
SuperUltraKel wrote:

Nice hardtail! I like seeing local builds from smaller brands. That ardent up front was on of those most unpredictable tires I have ran. If you find it washing out, you might want to try a forecaster. It pairs up well with the Ikon in the back.

Pretty generic SB5.5 turq. Nukeproof pedals, ergon ti saddle, wolftooth small parts, DT481 with 54poi hubs, bars cut to 780.

Great build. Sometimes keeping a mostly stock build is a good idea.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019908
Mobile Version of Website