Post your Diamondback rig

PB Forum :: Diamondback
Post your Diamondback rig
| Next Page
Posted: Dec 13, 2019 at 23:43 Quote
Just an update on my '13 DB mason 29er. Changed up the color scheme, painted the frame matte hunter green. Still don't know if to go with Dark green/white/black or dark green/lime green/black.

Before

After

Assembled ( I could definitely use help with my cable routing, just seems too long)

Posted: Dec 20, 2019 at 10:24 Quote
Looks good, but a bit of contrast with the white forks ...

Posted: Jan 8, 2020 at 15:09 Quote
TheUnknownMTBR wrote:
Looks good, but a bit of contrast with the white forks ...

That's what came on the bike when I got it. I wish I could get an all black fork or a lime green dvo

Posted: Jan 13, 2020 at 6:27 Quote
Got my Hook back in 2015 new all stock.
Upgraded extensively and now use it as a XC racing bike (heavy though) and occasionally hit a couple DH races in hardtail class.
Not a single complaint, what a fun bike.

S/M 15' Hook Frame.
Marz 320 LCR 120mm fork.
1x10 XT/Saint/SLX drivetrain, 32T Oval, 11-40 Sunrace cassette (soon upgrading to 46).
WTB ST i23 rear wheel, SunRingle Charger front, set up tubeless recently after a legendary amount of pinch flats last year.
Tektro Auriga hydro brakes.
MRP Chain guide.
Usually something CST for training and Maxxis for races, whatever model I can my hands on.
PD 530 clipless pedals.
Specialized saddle and bottle cage, Mucky Nutz mudguard.
Stock stem, bars, seatpost and rotors.

Posted: Jan 13, 2020 at 21:24 Quote
dang man that bikes looks awesome. I feel like diamondback doesnt get the credit it deserves

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 16:58 Quote
So I have the raw’d DB Mason 29er frame likely up for sale in the future. Moved on to a FS frame; my old bones and joints are not up to a HT any more. Haven’t posted it anywhere. Just mentioning it here first.

Posted: Mar 1, 2020 at 5:16 Quote
Drewnobi wrote:
2017 Diamondback Release 2, Experticity edition.
changes:
Maxxis Minion/aggressor tires
Race Face Love Handles
XT Brakes
XT pedals

Sweet bike! Actually interestingly enough I'm looking at a similar DB Release 2 for sale here on this website.
This picture you posted in 2017 is the ONLY, and i mean ONLY picture on the entirety of the internet where I can find a similarly looking Release. His bike is listed as a 2018 Release 2. You're post here indicates otherwise.

Do you have anymore insight since you owned the same model? This was a special edition sold only on Experticity for a limited time? And its actually 2017?

Posted: Apr 30, 2020 at 19:48 Quote
2017 Atroz Comp... The calm before the storm
2017 Diamondback Atroz Comp

Posted: May 17, 2020 at 18:09 Quote

Finally got my NOS DB8 built up.

Posted: Jun 2, 2020 at 23:04 Quote
Hey everyone! Here's my Mission 2 with many upgrades.
I got this bike on black Friday of 2017 for $1,800, back when Diamondbacks where more affordable and were super good value. My frame are forming some dents near the suspension mounts, but doesn't seem to be effecting anything. I like keeping all my bike stuff clean, i guess it helps since the bearing are still in good condition.
Fork- Stock Fox 36, Na2 damper and new csu, mine went bad right after warranty. Fox customer service is fantastic. I love the 36, super stiff and small bump compliant.
Rear Shock- Cane Creek Db air, just got it on Sunday. Super beefy and very small bump compliant. Probably needs a service, got it used. FYI- if you get one the eyelits are different sizes so modification is needed.
Cockpit- Handle bars are E thirteen base with 30mm rise to help with back pain. Grip are odi rogue, total game changer if you get sore hands. stem is stock 50mm length, 35mm diameter. Shifter is upgraded to the Shimano xt 11 speed. Dropper lever is pnw loam lever, totally epic.
Seat/post- stock saddle, then the Pnw ridge which is awesome.
Drivetrain- Shimano xt rear derailleur, Shimano slx 11-42 cassette, Raceface aeffect cranks, wolf tooth 30t oval chainring and a much needed Mrp Chainguide/Bash guide. Stock pedals.
Wheels- Sun Ringle Inferno 27 F and R, absolutely indestructible, and the not so good Speed Tuned hubs.
Smeat/Tires- Onza Ibex front, Would like to upgrade to the Maxxis Dhr when these tires wear because the dhr is absolutely amazing. Maxxis Aggressor rear, easy to burp but traction and sidewall protection is ample.
Protection- Nukeproof Ard, great protection and have had no issues.
I probably missed something, let me know if you have any questions!
I have a Youtube channel if you want to see it in action.https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCv2_hwF7a8GXYGesBRvCSMg

Kinda Crappy photos, I'll come back to upload better photos later.

Posted: Aug 21, 2020 at 20:08 Quote
I have a diamondback, but I dont have any idea how to post images.

Posted: Aug 30, 2020 at 17:08 Quote
My avacodo-colored menace to health and safety:

Posted: Oct 28, 2020 at 3:48 Quote

Pike ultimate 150
Monarch rc3+
Stans flow mk3
I9 1 to 1 hubs
Gx eagle 12spd
Turbine cranks
G2 RS 4 piston brakes
Centerline x discs
Vault pedals
Atlas 780 bars
Hellbender 70 headset
Half Nelson grips

Posted: 1 days ago Quote
TheUnknownMTBR wrote:
Guess this goes here:

27.5 conversion of Diamondback Mason 29er 4-1-2016 Raw d frame 27.5 Fox 36 RC2 Talas 160 130 Works Components -2 headset Easton EC70 40mm highrise bar Renthal 40mm Apex stem light-bicycle 27.5 38 i32 AM rims tubeless WTB 2.5 Breakout amp 2.4 Trail Boss tires BHS Bitex hubs Raceface SixC 165mm Cinch crank Wheels Mfg BB AbsoluteBlack 32t Oval chain ring e thirteen 9-42t 10-spd cassette SRAM X9 Trigger amp V2.0 derailleur Magura MT-8 brakes amp 180 160 SL rotors Duopower noseless saddle. 27.0 lbs
  27.5 conversion of Diamondback Mason 29er 4-1-2016; Raw'd frame, 27.5 Fox 36 RC2 Talas 160/130, Works Components -2* headset, Easton EC70 40mm highrise bar, Renthal 40mm Apex stem, light-bicycle 27.5 38/i32 AM rims, tubeless WTB 2.5 Breakout & 2.4 Trail Boss tires, BHS/Bitex hubs, Raceface SixC 165mm Cinch crank, Wheels Mfg BB, AbsoluteBlack 34t Oval chain ring, e*thirteen 9-42t 10-spd cassette, SRAM X9 Trigger & V2.0 derailleur, Magura MT-8 brakes & 180/160 SL rotors, Duopower noseless saddle.

How did you like the bike after changing to 27.5? I kinda like the idea of running wider tires. Does anyone know how wide of a 29er fit in the frame?

Posted: 1 days ago Quote
I have a 2013 Mason. I ran 29x2.6 VeeRubber flow snap on a Stans flow ex rim and it fit, but the side nobs would rub on the frame under cornering loads.
Tire/rim combos effect the actual width of the tire quite a bit. In my opinion a 2.3 or 2.4 is the widest I would go.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010203
Mobile Version of Website