Commencal Meta SX builds - thoughts and opinions?

PB Forum :: Commencal
Commencal Meta SX builds - thoughts and opinions?
Posted: Dec 20, 2016 at 14:52 Quote
Just got my sx replacement today, a Radon Swoop 170!

Haven't used it in anger yet but she's a different beast!

photo

Posted: Jan 10, 2017 at 23:06 Quote
Got my SX frame for sale, if anyone would be interested!

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2111046/

O+
Posted: Jan 17, 2017 at 8:13 Quote
My 2017 Meta SX is scheduled to be delievered this thursday, cannot wait! My first MTB not coming from the big S. Will be posting plenty of pics once its all put together.

O+
Posted: Jan 29, 2017 at 18:23 Quote
BIKE PRONZ

Just took her out today for the first time, still gotta get the rear dialed but first ride impressions are man this thing can plow.

Posted: Feb 4, 2017 at 11:12 Quote
pbfan08 wrote:
BIKE PRONZ

Just took her out today for the first time, still gotta get the rear dialed but first ride impressions are man this thing can plow.

Looking good! I think I might get one pretty soon, how does it climb? And what size did you get?

Posted: Feb 4, 2017 at 13:18 Quote
Double that, how does it climb? Seems like a good deal for my new enduro rig. Tired of spending so much on all my Treks.

Posted: Feb 4, 2017 at 19:17 Quote
Also, any comments on the DB3 brakes / Monarch Plus R?

Posted: Feb 6, 2017 at 4:23 Quote
rpartlan wrote:
Hi,

I've got a 2015 meta sx, with a monarch debonair on the back. Just recently, I started noticing something interesting with the rear suspension.

When I compress the shock, there is some initial resistance, then a "click", then the shock compresses as it normally would. I've tested it in the following instances:

stationary, with my normal air pressure in the shock.
stationary, with half my air pressure
stationary, with no air pressure

all of the above with the compression setting in all 3 modes.
all of the above with the rebound set to full rabbit

moving, with normal air pressure
moving, with less than normal air pressure.

I've noticed that the "click" is less noticeable while riding, with the rebound set to more rabbit, and less air in the shock.

And I think the less air is a big factor, because with my weight on the bike, I've already crossed the "click" threshold.

Has anybody experienced this before? And do you have any ideas for the cause and solution?

Thanks,
rpartlan

i had this too! i have the Monarch+ though. i don't think it's the shock, but rather the linkage design. i've just left it because that click is above the sag level, so shouldn't cause any issues. did your shock service sort it though, because i had my shock services and tuned before i used it on the Meta.

Posted: Feb 6, 2017 at 5:28 Quote
rpartlan wrote:
Hi,

I've got a 2015 meta sx, with a monarch debonair on the back. Just recently, I started noticing something interesting with the rear suspension.

When I compress the shock, there is some initial resistance, then a "click", then the shock compresses as it normally would. I've tested it in the following instances:

stationary, with my normal air pressure in the shock.
stationary, with half my air pressure
stationary, with no air pressure

all of the above with the compression setting in all 3 modes.
all of the above with the rebound set to full rabbit

moving, with normal air pressure
moving, with less than normal air pressure.

I've noticed that the "click" is less noticeable while riding, with the rebound set to more rabbit, and less air in the shock.

And I think the less air is a big factor, because with my weight on the bike, I've already crossed the "click" threshold.

Has anybody experienced this before? And do you have any ideas for the cause and solution?

Thanks,

yeah I had this too, with a high chance it's the monarch. I sent it back to sram and they told me it's the rebound needle and sent me a new damper.

O+
Posted: Feb 6, 2017 at 18:21 Quote
Haven't gotten it out for a shuttle or any serious DH. Might be able to get one in this week though, so will report back after that. Took it for two spins in little parks with 100-200ft of DH and pretty gnarly rocky trails, soaks up everything, and being my first bigish wheeled bike, was really suprised at how well it carried speed. Brakes were good, again need to get more time on them on longer trails to really see .For climbing I didn't notice too many differences between it and my 2012 Spesh Stumpy FSR Comp, which is a bit lighter, however on steep loosish fireroads i did notice a it took a tad more effort. For super technical singltrack climbs, it may be on the slow end, but it will grind through them no problem. But pretty much it was exactly what I was looking for, you can definitely peddle it, but man it feels like a full on downhill bike on the downs just super super super fun. I put flats on it and was kind of apprehensive going back to them, but after just two rides I'm glad I did.

Posted: Feb 6, 2017 at 18:46 Quote
pbfan08 wrote:
Haven't gotten it out for a shuttle or any serious DH. Might be able to get one in this week though, so will report back after that. Took it for two spins in little parks with 100-200ft of DH and pretty gnarly rocky trails, soaks up everything, and being my first bigish wheeled bike, was really suprised at how well it carried speed. Brakes were good, again need to get more time on them on longer trails to really see .For climbing I didn't notice too many differences between it and my 2012 Spesh Stumpy FSR Comp, which is a bit lighter, however on steep loosish fireroads i did notice a it took a tad more effort. For super technical singltrack climbs, it may be on the slow end, but it will grind through them no problem. But pretty much it was exactly what I was looking for, you can definitely peddle it, but man it feels like a full on downhill bike on the downs just super super super fun. I put flats on it and was kind of apprehensive going back to them, but after just two rides I'm glad I did.
Thanks so much! This sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. I may go ahead a pull the trigger on it!

Posted: Feb 7, 2017 at 0:22 Quote
So my Meta SX is up for sale ????
http://m.pinkbike.com/buysell/2121673/

Posted: Feb 7, 2017 at 4:26 Quote
I have been looking at the geometry and dimensions of a 26" Sx vs a 27.5"
The chain stay dimensions are different.
Would it be possible to retro fit my 26'er with the 27.5" chainstays?
What do you guys think?

Posted: Feb 7, 2017 at 4:48 Quote
Would have to get a second hand one as Commencal do not sell them any more. Had this thought myself. Also the 27.5" version has a head angle which is 1 degree steeper on the old 2015 model. not sure if this is true of the new 2017 version.

Posted: Feb 7, 2017 at 14:06 Quote
Riyadh wrote:
I have been looking at the geometry and dimensions of a 26" Sx vs a 27.5"
The chain stay dimensions are different.
Would it be possible to retro fit my 26'er with the 27.5" chainstays?
What do you guys think?

No, the front triangle, rocker link, and seatstays are all different unfortunately!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.034878
Mobile Version of Website