Commencal Meta SX builds - thoughts and opinions?

PB Forum :: Commencal
Commencal Meta SX builds - thoughts and opinions?
Posted: Mar 17, 2017 at 12:50 Quote
2014 Sx with the 2015 chainstays.
FloatX Ctd, 36's.

Commencal meta Sx.

Posted: Mar 30, 2017 at 10:01 Quote
Just ordered a new SX V3 and I'm stoked. Anyone have any thoughts on setup or any parts that need to be addressed right off? I'm using it for a light DH/park bike mostly at Highland in NH. I'm about 250 pounds with gear. Any thoughts on the stock brakes.
Thanks guys

Posted: Mar 31, 2017 at 1:03 Quote
At 250lbs the first thing your gunna want to do is add about 5 volume spacers in the shock. Im 200lbs and i have 5 in, but i like a really stiff rear end, so i guess that would be a good start point for you.

http://www.mbr.co.uk/news/product_news/five-minute-tune-rockshox-monarch-shock-324308

Posted: Apr 1, 2017 at 3:02 Quote
Thanks for the hint man. Appreciate it.

Posted: Apr 7, 2017 at 18:14 Quote
So I got the bike and it's awesome. It has a monarch plus r equipped and after calling sram to ask about air pressure setting, they told me that I can't put bands in the monarch plus r. Only the debonair models.
Can someone else confirm this?

Posted: Apr 8, 2017 at 1:44 Quote
I have a 2015 sx 26. I feel like the rear suspension sits really low and is a bit wollowy. Had the Fox ctd, then swapped it for a debonair, which reels better, bit I still feel it's really hard to get the set up right.

One thing I was thinking is maybe the chainline is bad with such a small chain ring at 30t. Wondering what people think.

Cheers olly

Posted: Apr 8, 2017 at 10:16 Quote
WildSnapper wrote:
So I got the bike and it's awesome. It has a monarch plus r equipped and after calling sram to ask about air pressure setting, they told me that I can't put bands in the monarch plus r. Only the debonair models.

Don't see why not.

Posted: Apr 10, 2017 at 3:15 Quote
WildSnapper wrote:

Yer that's an odd one. Firstly, I cant find a Monarch Plus R - just the Monarch R and the Plus RC3???

My friend has the Monarch R and I have the Plus RC3, both of which you can add volume reducing bands.

Personally, i would just give it a go. Take the shock off, release all the pressure, remove the retaining o-ring, then just carefully wiggle the shock sleeve off and see if there is any room for bands (add at the top, nearest to the dials)

Posted: Apr 10, 2017 at 3:21 Quote
I stand corrected, I found it.

However, the Service Manual on the SRAM website is the same as the Plus RC3, so I think you must be able to add bands.

https://www.sram.com/rockshox/products/monarch-plus-r#sm.0001vws5q2685dejv6z11ggsbh166

Posted: Apr 10, 2017 at 8:33 Quote
this is the monarch plus r
photo

As you can see, this shock does not have the retaining ring and the possibility to remove the sleeve. So, it is not possible to put bands in.. only on the models that have a removable sleeve. And those are the debonairs or the high volume option

Posted: Apr 11, 2017 at 0:59 Quote
Cheers SV.

Well i am out of advice then. There must be another way to adjust the shock other than air pressure and rebound?

Posted: Apr 11, 2017 at 10:00 Quote
joehollindrake wrote:
Cheers SV.

Well i am out of advice then. There must be another way to adjust the shock other than air pressure and rebound?

You can put more oil/grease into the air chamber to reduce the air volume, but apart from that there aren't any other adjustments on a Monarch Plus R bar what you've already mentioned. (Unless you bought a Debonair air can, then you could adjust the air volume more... or get the RC3 version). Or you could get the shock custom tuned.

Posted: Apr 11, 2017 at 20:47 Quote
That make tuning pretty straight forward then. The shock can hold 350psi so I'm sure I can find a pressure that works.

Posted: Apr 11, 2017 at 22:37 Quote
What is the tune on the shock that came with the frame? There should be a sticker on the shock with letters in red and blue squares and some numbers.

Thanks.

Posted: Apr 15, 2017 at 10:57 Quote
ickonobi wrote:
What is the tune on the shock that came with the frame? There should be a sticker on the shock with letters in red and blue squares and some numbers.

Thanks.
My VIP Meta SX 2015 came with RS shock marked as "M, L" tunes.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016063
Mobile Version of Website