Commencal Meta SX builds - thoughts and opinions?

PB Forum :: Commencal
Commencal Meta SX builds - thoughts and opinions?
Posted: Nov 6, 2017 at 8:38 Quote
The Inline fits- I just meant the CCDB Air/ Coil - also the Inline Coil wont fit because the spring would hit the chainstain unfortunately Frown

I would love to ride the Meta SX with a coil shock- it should ride phenomenal

Posted: Nov 7, 2017 at 5:10 Quote
NotNamed wrote:
The Inline fits- I just meant the CCDB Air/ Coil - also the Inline Coil wont fit because the spring would hit the chainstain unfortunately Frown

Dont you mean it would hit the sides of the glory hole? That is my biggest worry. Everything else leads me to believe that it would fit. I just cant get one to see how it would fit.

Posted: Nov 7, 2017 at 10:45 Quote
Riyadh wrote:
NotNamed wrote:

Dont you mean it would hit the sides of the glory hole? That is my biggest worry. Everything else leads me to believe that it would fit. I just cant get one to see how it would fit.

if you look at even the standard float shock, you'll see that the shaft end (thin end) is located at the bottom, nearest the bb. even if you were to turn the stock shock around the body would be too wide and would foul on the yoke of the chain stay because of the angle the shock sits at, therefore any replacement shock must be able to clear this part. nothing would foul the sides, theres plenty of room that way

Posted: Nov 8, 2017 at 3:14 Quote
macca85 wrote:
Riyadh wrote:
NotNamed wrote:

if you look at even the standard float shock, you'll see that the shaft end (thin end) is located at the bottom, nearest the bb. even if you were to turn the stock shock around the body would be too wide and would foul on the yoke of the chain stay because of the angle the shock sits at, therefore any replacement shock must be able to clear this part. nothing would foul the sides, theres plenty of room that way

According to Ohlins, their coil will fit.

Posted: Nov 9, 2017 at 10:38 Quote
Has any one been able to fit a Monarch Plus Debonair on a 2013 frame? I messaged the support team, but they said no.
I go through my Fox Float RP2 very easily and need more support. As far as I know you can buy a new chain stay that would fit piggy back shocks, but it costs EUR 350 so it's a no go. I am round 85 kgs with equipment like to ride more aggressively
Another option I am aware of are the volume spacers for the Fox. Any recommendations?

Sorry if this has been asked before

Posted: Nov 9, 2017 at 11:52 Quote
aisforanti wrote:
Has any one been able to fit a Monarch Plus Debonair on a 2013 frame? I messaged the support team, but they said no.
I go through my Fox Float RP2 very easily and need more support. As far as I know you can buy a new chain stay that would fit piggy back shocks, but it costs EUR 350 so it's a no go. I am round 85 kgs with equipment like to ride more aggressively
Another option I am aware of are the volume spacers for the Fox. Any recommendations?

Pretty sure a monarch should fit, but don’t take that as gospel! If you have a friend with one see if you can borrow it and trial fit it. Or even you lbs? You’ll probably find a good tune & spacers will sort you blowing through your travel.

Posted: Nov 9, 2017 at 13:26 Quote
aisforanti wrote:

A piggyback shock won't fit in a 2013 frame without the piggyback chainstays!

Another option to volume spacers is to get your shock custom tuned - simply adding a piggyback shock with a larger air chamber won't really effect how much of the travel you use.

Posted: Nov 9, 2017 at 23:33 Quote
As far as I am aware you need piggyback stays. However I think in this thread I saw someone fit a piggyback shock

Posted: Nov 10, 2017 at 1:08 Quote
Riyadh wrote:
Did you mean this ammo https://www.ohlins.com/product/ttx22muniversal/ to fit Meta SX , Riyadh?

Posted: Nov 10, 2017 at 23:03 Quote
ivorozheikin wrote:
Riyadh wrote:
Did you mean this ammo https://www.ohlins.com/product/ttx22muniversal/ to fit Meta SX , Riyadh?

Yes, I did

https://www.ohlins.com/app/uploads/world/documents/2015/12/Rec-list-TTX22M-AM-2104-2015_20151214.pdf

Posted: Nov 12, 2017 at 7:06 Quote
aisforanti wrote:

You need the piggy back compatible chain stains. Also the debon air can scratch the chainstays slightly. Commencal said that the Debon Air wont fit- but they shipped some frames witht monarch+ debonair. I had the same issue- the air can touched the chainstay when compressed but only the paint was affected.

Also I found that the debonair blowed trough the travel easier than the normal M+.

Get you Fox Tuned or maybe the DVO Topaz fits (way better than the M+ imo)

Posted: Nov 12, 2017 at 7:08 Quote
Also I dont think that NO coil shock will fit because there is no room between the chainstay and the shock (esp. when compressed).

Posted: Nov 14, 2017 at 6:19 Quote
For now I will just go for the cheaper option to add volume spacers to my current fox float.
Maybe in the future I will change it to a CCDB Inline - I also heard this one fits to the older stays.

Posted: Nov 15, 2017 at 10:45 Quote
aisforanti wrote:
For now I will just go for the cheaper option to add volume spacers to my current fox float.
Maybe in the future I will change it to a CCDB Inline - I also heard this one fits to the older stays.

Correct, been looking at this myself. Supposed to perform a lot better, although there’s no way to reach the climb lever on them so unless you just leave it you have to buy the remote separately for something ridiculous like 65 quid!

Posted: Nov 28, 2017 at 22:02 Quote
aisforanti wrote:
If I had and FS with the Float I'd send it to Avalanche Racing for the "speed sensitive shim stack(SSD)" and install the Vorsprung Corset myself, for a customized and highly tuneable air shock that will feel more like a spring.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012252
Mobile Version of Website