Commencal Meta SX builds - thoughts and opinions?

PB Forum :: Commencal
Commencal Meta SX builds - thoughts and opinions?
Posted: Nov 28, 2017 at 23:36 Quote
Last week I went to test fit a CC DBCoil IL. I didnt bother to try and fit it as the circular part near the mount was just too big. If the overall diameter of that part was a bit smaller then it would work.
My buddy measured and measured away. Then finally agreed with me.

Posted: Dec 2, 2017 at 13:29 Quote
Does an X2 fit?

Posted: Dec 3, 2017 at 6:07 Quote
ondrugs wrote:
Does an X2 fit?

None of the Fox Shocks with a Piggy back fit Frown

Posted: Dec 8, 2017 at 13:53 Quote
NotNamed wrote:
ondrugs wrote:
Does an X2 fit?

None of the Fox Shocks with a Piggy back fit Frown

When I read about this I said to myself, "why even make the frame?" It probably wont fit a Push shock either.

Posted: Dec 11, 2017 at 0:28 Quote
What about a Manitou Swinger Pro Dual Can?
Eyeballing the pic, it seems as if it could work. What are the opinions?

Posted: Dec 11, 2017 at 10:40 Quote
Riyadh wrote:

Wont fit- had one by myself. It was a 241mm but the air can touches the chainstay- as with all piggy back shocks (exc. M+ /maybe Topaz)

Posted: Dec 11, 2017 at 10:41 Quote
Riyadh wrote:

The only good shocks that fit are: Monarch + , CCDB Inline Air and maybe a Topaz Air - not sure about the Topaz doe

Posted: Dec 11, 2017 at 23:18 Quote
Thanks NotNamed. I have a fox CTD that was std with my bike. I then upgraded the aircan to an EVOL air can, which made a huge difference. I just seem to have problem of blowing through the travel on huge hits, and I find it limiting me as I have this fear in my mind that I will get bucked. Anyway, Gonna some more air and slow down the rebound and take it from there.

Posted: Dec 12, 2017 at 9:11 Quote
Riyadh wrote:
Thanks NotNamed. I have a fox CTD that was std with my bike. I then upgraded the aircan to an EVOL air can, which made a huge difference. I just seem to have problem of blowing through the travel on huge hits, and I find it limiting me as I have this fear in my mind that I will get bucked. Anyway, Gonna some more air and slow down the rebound and take it from there.

I felt the same with me Debon Air Monarch +.... it didnt have good mid stroke support- only thing you can to is to custom tune it for like 80-100€.

I believe the Topaz would be the best alternative if it fits.

Also if the Marzocchi 053 S3C2R would fit that would be great because of HSC+ LSC and you can tune the Shimstack by yourself. Maybe someone has the Zocchi / Topaz installed and let you try if it fits!

Posted: Dec 14, 2017 at 9:53 Quote
Riyadh wrote:
I had the opposite problem – RS + was too harsh in the middle of the stroke (i.e. about the SAG levels) but at the same time it blew through the travel even on small drops like 0,5 meter. I dismounted it and replaced with Manitou McLeod with standard can (there is also a King Can of big volume for McLeod but I have not ordered one yet as I am not sure it will fit). Bike feels much plusher with McLeod. I also called the Commencal support this summer and they ensured me that Fox Float X should fit the frame.

Posted: Dec 14, 2017 at 10:28 Quote
I dont have piggyback stays. The evol just about fits when completely compressed.

The Marzocchi 053 S3C2R looks very skinny and most likely will fit. I just need to find some measurements.
If a Float X2 will fit, I will be stoked.

Posted: Dec 14, 2017 at 11:39 Quote
Riyadh wrote:
I dont have piggyback stays. The evol just about fits when completely compressed.

The Marzocchi 053 S3C2R looks very skinny and most likely will fit. I just need to find some measurements.
If a Float X2 will fit, I will be stoked.

The Manitou Mcleod ist very good- buy one used and get it custom tuned. Will cost aprox. 150-200€ for a very capable shock.

Posted: Dec 14, 2017 at 22:25 Quote
the Marzocchi 053 S3C2R doesnt fit, but he bos kirk fits

Posted: Dec 15, 2017 at 2:20 Quote
On my previous Meta SX a Bos Vip’r worked very well. Well worth trying out, especially at some of the discounted prices available.

Posted: Jan 5, 2018 at 16:42 Quote
How's the new Meta SX climb? Currently on a 2015 Orbea Rallon xteam and pleased with it.... Just looking for something new. I like the idea that the sx is more dh oriented but I need to get it up. There aren't any recent reviews of this bike and not much that I can find elsewhere. How does it stack up to modern enduro bikes?

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011840
Mobile Version of Website