Commencal Meta SX builds - thoughts and opinions?

PB Forum :: Commencal
Commencal Meta SX builds - thoughts and opinions?
Posted: Jan 6, 2018 at 9:23 Quote
Is the new 27.5 Meta SX still as playful as the older 26” version? 439mm chainstays dont jump out at me as being uber playful..

Posted: Feb 17, 2018 at 9:21 Quote
Just built up my 6th meta and love them.managed to get a new 2015 vip frameset from commencal for next to nothing.running monarch + shock and bos deville trc forks and so plush

Posted: Feb 24, 2018 at 13:08 Quote
Hey guys, here it is. My new meta sx 2018 in blue. This is my first full suspension freeride bike and it rides like a dream, down and also up the hill. The only disadvantage is really long seat tube in L size, hopefully I will get use to it. I have dirtjump and slopestyle background and can't wait to try some tricks on it when the weather will be better.. Smile Cheers!

CAMERA

Posted: Mar 9, 2018 at 3:48 Quote
The new SX in blue looks awesome!!!

Was wondering if one of you SX owners would mind listing the measurements of the rocker link... from enter of the seatstay pivot to the frame pivot and from the shock mount to the frame pivot? Trying to find where the extra 10mm comes from between the AM and the SX since their chain stays and seat stays are interchangeable.
Thanks!!

Posted: Mar 27, 2018 at 19:23 Quote
@PatrikGazo that last picture is so sickkk. I'm hoping to pull the trigger on mine in the next month. Cannot decide whether to go black like my other bikes or change it up for once. Yours is making a strong case for that blue.

Posted: Apr 9, 2018 at 6:11 Quote
Does anyone here has a Meta sx 2017 Xl? I would be very interested in how it looks like in size Xl

Posted: Apr 12, 2018 at 0:39 Quote
Upstatenoz wrote:
@PatrikGazo that last picture is so sickkk. I'm hoping to pull the trigger on mine in the next month. Cannot decide whether to go black like my other bikes or change it up for once. Yours is making a strong case for that blue.

Go for the blue one, it is so nice in real! Smile

Posted: Apr 12, 2018 at 0:47 Quote
Tim1509 wrote:
Does anyone here has a Meta sx 2017 Xl? I would be very interested in how it looks like in size Xl

Check this video, there is 2017 XL meta... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhvGymzZExE

Posted: Jun 25, 2018 at 21:01 Quote
PatrikGazo wrote:
Hey guys, here it is. My new meta sx 2018 in blue. This is my first full suspension freeride bike and it rides like a dream, down and also up the hill. The only disadvantage is really long seat tube in L size, hopefully I will get use to it.

I want this bike so bad . . . except for that long seat tube!! Even my 140mm trail bike has a lower seat tube (18.5") in size Large.

Posted: Aug 9, 2018 at 14:08 Quote
I have a sneaky suspicion our beautiful SXs are prone to pinch flats. What you guys reckon?

Posted: Aug 10, 2018 at 1:14 Quote
Havent had a problem yet with flats.

Posted: Aug 18, 2018 at 5:18 Quote
Hey gang, I just joined the Meta SX crew. Took her for a test ride and loving it so far! Got some enduro events coming up this month, so hoping to get some good laps in.
Also have myself a Giant Anthem for the more pedally stuff, but the SX is a whole new level!

Posted: Aug 23, 2018 at 10:47 Quote
I wanna prelude this by saying the 2014 Meta SX 26 was my favorite handling bike ever. Like a Magic carpet, and playful but stable, it was so intuitive yet not twitchy at all. I only sold it because I am a little too heavy for that rear suspension design.

Anyone that’s looking for a similar type of handling in a new bike, but one that feels more heavily damped, I found the Kona Process 153 27.5 to feel fairly similar. It was very refreshing.

Posted: Nov 26, 2018 at 15:38 Quote
NotNamed wrote:
ondrugs wrote:
Does an X2 fit?

None of the Fox Shocks with a Piggy back fit Frown

I'm running a Fox DPX2 on my 2018 SX. Fits with plenty of clearance. Phenomenal shock IMO. Handles DH runs and park stuff as well as the X2 and is perfect for trails and XC. Climbs great with the lockout too. Its highly tunable with volume spacers, 350 max pressure, and 11 clicks of independent low speed compression in open mode. It's lighter, poppier, and more playful than the X2 IMO. Fits the SX's personality perfectly. The X2 is great only in DH and can feel pretty lazy and sluggish and too numb in longer trails and jumpy flow lines. Just my 2 cents. The DPX2 shreds on the SX. I'd recommend checking it out if you're looking for a new shock on your SX!

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020066
Mobile Version of Website