Commencal Meta SX builds - thoughts and opinions?

PB Forum :: Commencal
Commencal Meta SX builds - thoughts and opinions?
| Next Page
Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 11:08 Quote
Album

For anyone interested put a DPX2 on my SX a few months ago. Great upgrade only thing left I need to swap is these TLs for Codes and that should be happening this week. This bike is incredible, especially with the new shock.

Posted: Jul 15, 2019 at 19:28 Quote
Is anyone else finding that these frame bearings are wearing out really fast? I went to track down a small creak earlier and found that it was basically seized solid despite not having many miles on it yet. I packed it full of grease and got it somewhat spinning again so I should have sorted it for now but I was just surprised by how soon it needed attention!

Posted: Jul 19, 2019 at 11:07 Quote
Does anyone know which top and bottom headset cups from hope I would need for my 2017 frame? I've just had a battle with the stock loose bearings and I've decided I'd rather have some sealed ones!

Cheers

Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 2:54 Quote
james-skipper wrote:
Does anyone know which top and bottom headset cups from hope I would need for my 2017 frame? I've just had a battle with the stock loose bearings and I've decided I'd rather have some sealed ones!

Cheers

You need a semi-integrated upper part (ZS 44) and an external lower part (EC 44)

Type 2
https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/hope-pick-n-mix-headsets-top-cup/rp-prod70725

Type H
https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/hope-pick-n-mix-headsets-bottom-cup/rp-prod70727

Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 5:18 Quote
joehollindrake wrote:

You need a semi-integrated upper part (ZS 44) and an external lower part (EC 44)

Type 2
https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/hope-pick-n-mix-headsets-top-cup/rp-prod70725

Type H
https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/hope-pick-n-mix-headsets-bottom-cup/rp-prod70727

Thanks for your help! I agree that the top will be ZS44 but I measured it up and I was expecting the bottom to be 56mm semi integrated as well, anyone out there with a third opinion on this?

Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 9:57 Quote
james-skipper wrote:
Thanks for your help! I agree that the top will be ZS44 but I measured it up and I was expecting the bottom to be 56mm semi integrated as well, anyone out there with a third opinion on this?

You're correct. ZS44 top, ZS56 bottom.

Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 10:39 Quote
olliechambers1 wrote:

You're correct. ZS44 top, ZS56 bottom.

Cheers mate, I'll get them ordered up tonight then! Should be much nicer to keep it running smooth with some sealed bearings in there. By the looks of things the bog standard press and cup removal tool from Chain Reaction arent big enough to deal with the 56mm side so I feel like a bodge may be inbound Eek

Posted: Aug 11, 2019 at 9:13 Quote
Hey,

Anyone else have a GXP BB92 and know what size the bearings are for replacement? They don't say on the outside of the seals and I'm struggling to find anything online.

Cheers

Posted: Aug 12, 2019 at 7:44 Quote
Little question I have a meta V3 2016 and I would like to mount a damper spring on I had already asked about this topic and I was told that it did not happen, in the wake I had sent to beginal an email that m ' answered this:

First of all, thank you for contacting us.

Glad to know that you enjoy your Meta AM V3 :-)

This frame is not compatible with spring dampers.
The attachment at the base is very low, and a spring cup would touch the base.
You must stay on the air damper, with the air can side tipper.

The only spring damper likely to mount, would be the CaneCreek DB Inline Coil. Because the spring is side rocker.
But we have never tested it on a Meta AM V3, so I can not say 100% that it comes back ... To try ...

If you want more information, do not hesitate.

cordially

Sebastien

So I would like to know if anyone had already done this with the CaneCreek DB Inline Coil?

Posted: Aug 12, 2019 at 8:05 Quote
alinorco2010 wrote:
Hey,

Anyone else have a GXP BB92 and know what size the bearings are for replacement? They don't say on the outside of the seals and I'm struggling to find anything online.

Cheers

Might be easier to just replace the whole BB since they arent too bad money wise. From what I can tell they arent the same size both sides or even a standard size for that matter! Let us know how you get on, not looking forward to the day mine dies either

Posted: Aug 12, 2019 at 8:07 Quote
simplyrider wrote:
Little question I have a meta V3 2016 and I would like to mount a damper spring on I had already asked about this topic and I was told that it did not happen, in the wake I had sent to beginal an email that m ' answered this:

The only spring damper likely to mount, would be the CaneCreek DB Inline Coil. Because the spring is side rocker.
But we have never tested it on a Meta AM V3, so I can not say 100% that it comes back ... To try ...

cordially

Sebastien

So I would like to know if anyone had already done this with the CaneCreek DB Inline Coil?

If you contact CC and ask how the profiles of the IL coil and IL air differ I can tell you that the IL air definitely fits 100%, if you scroll back a few pages I posted a few pictures of the clearance

Posted: Aug 12, 2019 at 8:12 Quote
simplyrider wrote:

cordially

Sebastien

The Inline may fit- but you need to Test it ofc- it will be a Matter of 1mm I bet.

Otherwise a DVO Topaz or Suntour Triair would also be possible.. way better than the Stock monarch plus

Posted: Aug 12, 2019 at 10:26 Quote
I have to look at it suddenly, I admit that since I have my V3 I want to install a spring and if mounting is possible I will not hesitate a long time. After you think that this cinematique would be adapted to the dampers springs?
I already have a monarch debonair on it but I'm not more bluffing than his

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 3:24 Quote
if anyone is in the market for a pink 2015 Meta SX 650b frame and shock, give me a shout.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015167
Mobile Version of Website