Commencal Meta SX builds - thoughts and opinions?

PB Forum :: Commencal
Commencal Meta SX builds - thoughts and opinions?
| Next Page
Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 4:39 Quote
krankieYak wrote:
james-skipper wrote:
For anyone whos interested, the 2019 Cane Creek DB Air IL - 200x57 Shock does fit on the SX. Its pretty tight non drive side on the air can but I put a 1x12mm oring on the bushing and spacers from the stock Monarch to space it across just a hair. I haven't managed to get out and ride it yet but just from messing about on the street it feels like a massive step up!]

Dude!! Thank you for posting this! I tried to dry fit a dbcoil last year and it was millimeters off. I decided not to pull the trigger because I didn't feel like grinding away bits of my bike.

Right after seeing this the other day, a guy in my city posted one on buy and sell! I pick it up on friday! How has it been on the trail for you through the summer?

Absolutely sick, best shock I've ever owned! Love how adjustable it is and I've got it dialled in just right now too. Only slight annoyance I've found is with dropper cable routing as it tends to rub on the air can pretty badly so I've just covered the thing in gaffer tape. Not sure how the clearance would be without the little o ring spacer I put on the bushing but with it clearance is great if a little tight non drive side. It's probably worth getting a mud guard of some sort to keep all the crap out of the adjusters too. I managed to adapt an RRP fork one to work pretty good. But all in all I'd 100% say make the swap if you can, transformed the rear end of the bike and its an absolute weapon now!

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007113
Mobile Version of Website